over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Abdominal distention long-term

FranJ

Registered
Hi guys,

I want to talk about abdominal bloat and concretely about myself... I always bloat a lot during my bulking period or after eating junk in big quantities... that's logical and happens to everybody. The problem is that after my last competition and bulking phase I've been eating a lot for months and I was everyday VERY bloated, to the point that my body fat was low (I had abs) but my belly was extremely distented, it was ridiculous with clothes... I looked fat.

Now I've started dieting again, I'm triying to get back in shape, I've a pretty good metabolism and after 3 weeks of dieting (without cheats and such) and a new diet with less protein and smaller quantities of food I've lost a lot of body fat but my belly is not flat like before... previously when I did a diet for a week or so my belly was flat, I could do a vacuum in the morning, but nowadays it's almost impossible for me.

I've more body mass after these years competing (4 in a row), but that shouldn't be a reason to lose my flatness in my core...

I haven't used insulin for long periods of time, or HGH in big quantities... so I don't relate the problem to that cause.

Any of you have the same problem?

I'm afraid I won't be able to eat big anymore... also it doesn't seem a digestive problem since I'm hungry all the time...

Always have been curious about this also.

When the big boys stop competing and lose size, will the guts remain?

Its from over eating and wearing a belt. thats my personal opinion

But turtle guts onstage aren't from eating, that's contest shape.

But turtle guts onstage aren't from eating, that's contest shape.

Why wouldn't they be from food? I think its mostly from food. These guys carb up on pizza and burgers before a show to fill out. Of course their guts will stick out. I know mine does after a good all you can eat sushi session, and im all of 190lbs lol.
Look at Shawn Rhoden. He never had a belly on stage, but 2 years in a row now he's coming in with distension. I doubt that distension is caused by drugs since his physique really hasn't changed dramatically year to year. I think he's trying to carb up on more food now and it causes his gut to stick out a bit. Having a small waist will really make it stand out, too.
Could excessive amount of food IN ADDITION to visceral fat cause permanent distension? I'm not sure... Palumbo has down-sized quite a bit, and doesn't seem to have kept his gut.

Last edited:
I look at it like consistent massive overeating works sort of like synthol does but for the intestines / gut...so it will probably last a long time, long after the overeating isn't a daily habit, just my opinion.

Why wouldn't they be from food? I think its mostly from food. These guys carb up on pizza and burgers before a show to fill out. Of course their guts will stick out. I know mine does after a good all you can eat sushi session, and im all of 190lbs lol.
Look at Shawn Rhoden. He never had a belly on stage, but 2 years in a row now he's coming in with distension. I doubt that distension is caused by drugs since his physique really hasn't changed dramatically year to year. I think he's trying to carb up on more food now and it causes his gut to stick out a bit. Having a small waist will really make it stand out, too.
Could excessive amount of food IN ADDITION to visceral fat cause permanent distension? I'm not sure... Palumbo has down-sized quite a bit, and doesn't seem to have kept his gut.

I only say this because I've never seen Any pics of a turtle gut slimmed down. At some point I think that there would be a picture somewhere.

Or maybe the go from contest carb loading to a bulker the next day?

Could it be I've excess of visceral fat? how could that be if I'm low % fat?

Maybe inflammation from long-term overating? will it remain?

What compounds are you using? It seems like when people are holding water stomach bloat seems more pronounced when eating. Even when at a low body fat level.

Could it be I've excess of visceral fat? how could that be if I'm low % fat?

Maybe inflammation from long-term overating? will it remain?

Visceral fat is the last to go.

What compounds are you using? It seems like when people are holding water stomach bloat seems more pronounced when eating. Even when at a low body fat level.

Right now I'm on test prop, tri-trenbolone and boldenone, very normal dosages... not using HGH or insulin. Diet is totally clean, moderate sodium and loads of water.

It's odd because I've always had a very flat stomach only distented when eating a lot of junk...

i personall think it is a digestive issue

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Lasting for how long,......a day or so and everything should be passed.

Plus he's only recently had this issue.

I'd be curious to see what Ronnie's stomach looks like now.

I can associate with this post. I have been whining about it myself lately. I got a lot more distention after last winters bulk/gaining phase. I was basically force feeding myself for 4 months and even though I was able to cut down again after and be lean, I had more distention after the process even with lower bodyfat. I felt full all winter. Eventually I started even feeling like my digestion was not optimal. I made the best gains thus far but I was literally looking forward to dieting down and eating less clean food from Tupperware all day. In the end, I have chalked it up to the increased food and just being older. When you eat like that, you will stretch out your stomach and your intestines and things will also have to accommodate all that food.

1. I do not believe GH causes "GH gut." Although you have chuckle head gym bros and quasi gurus like Piana saying GH makes your waist bigger (from their flawed anecdotal observation); there is no hard science to support it. HIV patients take boat loads of GH and it actually improves visceral fat deposition in those cases. If GH always grew the intestines and stomach and gave people GH gut after a year or so of use, it would be noted medically and in the literature and it just isnt. It is just not seen, medically. It is generally associated with a decrease is abdominal and VAT fat. I do not think GH doses in the 4-6iu range alone are responsible. Most really informed people with a good handle on the science do not blame GH for gut distention and bulkier torsos.

2. Insulin - To me, abusing or misusing insulin is much more likely to cause VAT deposition. I do not think short term use or moderate use with correct doses and low fat intake during the active slin window will cause most people a huge problem. But I do think if you eat sloppy and have too much carbs and fat while banging a lot of slin, you will get fat and also lay down VAT at an accelerated rate. I didn't personally use slin much at all so I dont think it was that.

I personally have come to the conclusion that my own increase in distention, even when lean, is simply a byproduct of chronically increasing my food intake. I am bigger than I have ever been and eating more than ever. I can drop body fat pretty quickly, and I think some of that VAT stays behind when you diet down fast using all the tricks we have. Only after a longer, prolonged diet would you possibly see some of that VAT really whittle down. You add a little more VAT along with age, a less rigid ab wall, and a LOT more food and you are going to have distention from an enlarged stomach and intestines. All of those things contribute. But I do not think GH can be blamed. If you misuse slin, I certainly think it can help you get fatter quicker and promote VAT as well.

The only thing I know to do is avoid slin except maybe for certain large body parts and only PRE (an intra style carb approach) or PWO with controlled carbs. Keep your GH dose reasonable. And probably most importantly, optimize your digestion and gastric mobility (time matter is literally in GI transit). When you go back to eating to gain, no more binging or eating way too much. Small controlled, easily digestible meals, throughout the day. When you diet hard, your stomach will shrink back up and you can keep it that way with portion control and not over eating. But you can still hit your macros. If you do this strict enough for long enough, I think you can bring the waistline in and reduce distention. When I wake up in the morning I am flat and after several meals and a lot of fluid I am distended again. Many guys have changed a distended look and brought the waist down through modifying what and how they eat in the off season.

I'm open to other suggestions or tips. But that is basically my outlook on all of it. The sad reality is I would have to diet hard and long to shrink down the stomach over time and then never eat like I do now and focus on small, controlled portions. I dont compete so this sounds like a lot. When I am at the pool or lake and hold my ab wall tight, I have no distention and it looks fine. But relaxed, I certainly have increased my distention with all this eating and thickening up the abs.

Lots of food + age + more VAT (from age and bulking too uncontrolled) = distention. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Visceral fat forsure. People want to think because they are contest lean that they don't have visceral fat. Look up a post by Big A about it, he went in for a surgery I believe (not sure for what?) and the doctor said he had a lot of visceral fat. After that he said he was going to do everything to get rid of it as he had always had a little protruding stomach even when very lean. All this is off of memory so some of it might not be correct haha I'll try to search for the post

Its from over eating and wearing a belt. thats my personal opinion

Bingo. Average diameter of the colon is 2 to 3 inch. I my estimation is that some of this bodybuilders are having the colon length in 6 to 9 inch range. And is not for GH, is from over eating. And the worst is the extra simple sugar that are consuming with insulin use. Can you imagine having a enlarge colon? can you imagine how much more bad bacteria is stored?

Visceral fat forsure. People want to think because they are contest lean that they don't have visceral fat. Look up a post by Big A about it, he went in for a surgery I believe (not sure for what?) and the doctor said he had a lot of visceral fat. After that he said he was going to do everything to get rid of it as he had always had a little protruding stomach even when very lean. All this is off of memory so some of it might not be correct haha I'll try to search for the post

So what the fuck is one to do? You diet down to get lean and get your BF down where you want it but still apparently have some VAT (visceral) remaining. Many say VAT is the last to go. But in actuality VAT is supposed to respond earlier and/or at least equally to calorie reduction. The metabolically active nature of visceral fat, which is what makes it so bad for our health compared to sub-Q, also makes it vulnerable to loss. It is LESS stubborn than Sub-Q. Yet I personally have gotten my BF down low and still seemed to have more distention than in years past (age 34). So what are we to do, hold in a diet pattern for an extended period of time to eat into the VAT stores? Or perhaps it is colon/stomach/intestine growth from GH/slin and massive eating in prior years. I barely fucking toched slin though. Very moderate use.

So what the fuck is one to do? You diet down to get lean and get your BF down where you want it but still apparently have some VAT (visceral) remaining. Many say VAT is the last to go. But in actuality VAT is supposed to respond earlier and/or at least equally to calorie reduction. The metabolically active nature of visceral fat, which is what makes it so bad for our health compared to sub-Q, also makes it vulnerable to loss. It is LESS stubborn than Sub-Q. Yet I personally have gotten my BF down low and still seemed to have more distention than in years past (age 34). So what are we to do, hold in a diet pattern for an extended period of time to eat into the VAT stores? Or perhaps it is colon/stomach/intestine growth from GH/slin and massive eating in prior years. I barely fucking toched slin though. Very moderate use.

Try to gain no more than 5 lbs lean muscle per year, and no force eating.

Try to gain no more than 5 lbs lean muscle per year, and no force eating.

And after you reach your plateau is no reason to push more food and drugs, just try to maintain and stay healthy as much possible.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member