over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Super Heavyweight Journal w/ Q+A

Big Dave Smith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey guys. I've decided to open up a thread with the encouragement of some mods, vets, and sponsors. This thread will be half journal, half Q+A, and half ranting. I know that's 3 halves, but it's my thread, and it's not about who's gooder at math n' shit.

To start off...
Height- 5'8.5
Current Weight- 275lbs AM weight
Goal: To add 10-15lbs of stage muscle. Keep around 10% body fat or leaner. Remain athletically mobile.

Training Style: Fortitude
Level: Tier 3, basic.

I'll go deeper into my diet, training, cycle, cardio, and beyond within the next week.

Special thanks to Toraxx and a few other great guys on the board for the help!

(Spring/Summer 2016) IMG_1576.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking great dude. Been a fan since IM days. You helped answer some pec tear questions after you tore yours. Been a fan of the geardup podcast too.

Looking great dude. Been a fan since IM days. You helped answer some pec tear questions after you tore yours. Been a fan of the geardup podcast too.

Thanks bud! I miss the Muscle Mayhem and Intense muscle glory days!

I do my best on Gear'd Up, but tend to be more articulate if I'm able to write, as opposed to fly off the cuff. It's a lot of fun though. It's been a massive help in terms of knowledge acquirement and motivation.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this.

This will be good man!

Be good to see how you approach your diet to gain muscle and staying lean as you can.

Lately on geard up yous were talking about flexibility. I'm pretty much like Tony, stiff as fuck and not very flexibile. Do you recommend any home exercises or routines to follow ( any vids etc ) that could help? The issue needs to be sorted sooner rather than later before injuries kick in

Thanks

This is going to be good...

Thanks Dave, will definitely be looking forward to your future posts.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

I'm definitely following this thread!

This will be good man!

Be good to see how you approach your diet to gain muscle and staying lean as you can.

Lately on geard up yous were talking about flexibility. I'm pretty much like Tony, stiff as fuck and not very flexibile. Do you recommend any home exercises or routines to follow ( any vids etc ) that could help? The issue needs to be sorted sooner rather than later before injuries kick in

Thanks

As for diet, I've been loose with my macros as of late. I'm taking a vacation from the 6th till the 15th. Mentally, it's difficult for me to follow a plan if I can't build on behavior patterns and schedules. We'll actually be training a lot while away, but my diet will be based on availability.

For myself, and for my clients, I time macros according to when I train. It's 90% based on the Fortitude diet, but I've been playing with preWO carbs. My day looks like this...

Training Day

1- pro/carb
IntraWO- pepto pro + HBCD + EAA
PostWO- pro/carb
3- pro/carb
4- pro/fat
5- pro/fat
6- pro/fat

On non training days, I eat mostly protein and fat, but will allow myself 100g (or less) of carbs if I feel snacky. This will change a bit as the offseason develops more. I'd like to start leaning out a bit early.

As for flexibility, we JUST recorded an episode about it, available now. JRQ goes into detail about the flexibility myth. Listen to it, then hit me up if you have any additional questions. Every time I talk to the guy, I learn something new.

Also to note, I'm currently running...

Toraxx Test E
Toraxx Deca
Toraxx MastE
Toraxx Oral Turinabol (preWO only)

All smooth and painless. My joints feel GREAT. The preWO OT is definitely a game changer too.

w/...
Generic GH
Humalog
Aromasin

Last edited:
Hi BDS thanks for doing this log. I always look forward to reading your posts. Can you go into more detail with the diet? How many carbs you take in on your training days and maybe total calories? Thanks

Hi BDS thanks for doing this log. I always look forward to reading your posts. Can you go into more detail with the diet? How many carbs you take in on your training days and maybe total calories? Thanks

I don't count calories, just macros per meal. Here's what my proposed totals will look like when I get settled after traveling. They'll be adjusted as needed.

WO Days
Pro- 400g
Carb- 400g
Fat- 75g
6 meals + intra

*Intra is always 100-120g HBCD + 40-50g PeptoPro.

Non WO Day
Pro- 360g
Carb- less than 50g
Fat- 180g
6 meals

Are you still going to be only training 3 days per week?

Are you still going to be only training 3 days per week?

I've been training 4 days per week for quite a while. Fortitude is split into 4 training days, with 3 rest days.

I've been training 4 days per week for quite a while. Fortitude is split into 4 training days, with 3 rest days.

Ah, my bad. For some reason thought I heard on Geard Up you were saying 3 days per week.

Other than training clients, are you mostly sendentary?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws