advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why Is It So Hard For Modern Man To Commit To Fitness?

Vision

Registered
I brought this topic up once a while back, so I felt like bring it back up again because it still bothers me on a daily basis!

It seems anymore that in today's world and way of life that modern men seem to lack the commitment or drive to stay health and fit.
I've taken noticed of young girls,teens,adults and even full time single mothers possessing an unwavering drive,dedication and commitment when it pertains to living a healthy lifestyle.. Take a gander around your gym and look at the ratio, now Im not talking about just attractive women, Im generally speaking about females period.. Ive noticed over the past 10-15 years women are involved with some sort of healthy activity, whether its walking,jogging,wogging, running with a baby stroller,biking,yoga,kick boxing the list goes on and on..
Yet,I notice more men looking over weight, looking 10-15 years older then their actual age, sitting at bars, and engaging in events that particularly have no fitness benefits?!

Now I know that advertisements,clothing,food and movies stars and such plays a huge factor on what women are told or think they should look like,giving women this false impression,effecting their self esteem and such, but still, the end result is they are more committed to achieve this compared to men!

Ive had great conversations with women of all sorts in regards to this, 95% told me that even if they lived on a deserted island that they would still be committed to fitness of some sorts, and live a healthy lifestyle if they could..

For myself, I'm a happily married family man that's proud of what I've achieved in life and my surroundings, now please dont take this as being vain, but I enjoy getting compliments from people, because its people like us that stand out,we are the minority.. Take notice when you walk into a store and people do double take at you, women smile and dudes give you a mean mug..At the same time, they are fat, or way out of shape..but yet some of these guys have a fit looking woman?!?!

My rant is, why? What has happened to the modern man? Look at pics of the old timers in their prime, and compared them to now, and do the same for women.. Men seemed more fit back when, and women were thicker, and now it seems to have reversed over time.

I just don't get it!

Old topic, same feeling....

Your thoughts???

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been thinking the same thing...It's like the roles flipped... It looks like in today's society that women are putting more effort into looking better and staying healthy compared to men...It seems that men have taken to the more unhealthy side and don't care about how they look or how healthy they are...

Don't look around the gym, that will skew your view point. Look around the street or malls etc. Women are just as overweight. Women have always been more into looks and guys have traditionally been more about worldly accomplishments. Women will accept a guy that is over weight some if he has something else to offer. Guys fall in love with their eyes, women fall in love with their ears...IMO But in society in general why do people not want to commit to anything long term. Work to achieve a physique. Or start using roids as soon as they can. Spend years saving for a house, put off buying things till they can pay for them. People want the easy way out and I can't blame them. Especially when society makes it easy for them to do so.

Because it takes a tremendous amount of willpower. Most people would rather be comfortable than torture themselves with working out every day and eating right.

I've been thinking the same thing...It's like the roles flipped... It looks like in today's society that women are putting more effort into looking better and staying healthy compared to men...It seems that men have taken to the more unhealthy side and don't care about how they look or how healthy they are...

based on what ive seen, women are just putting more and more effort (read: $$$) into methods of concealing how shit they look due to their daily habits.

every girl and her mother is now wearing triple ply yoga pants, a metric fuck ton of makeup, and clothes to conceal/disguise/obfuscate their love handles and sagging guts

recent study that shows, in the US at least, 40% of women are OBESE...not overweight, not fat....but fucking obese..

men aren't too far behind, of course

cough cough
bearded pussies
cough cough

lol

:welcome:

not just men though, in general our species is pretty shameful/embarrassing

:sta:-wars

Need to work night and day, make food. Sport is general foolishness, but can be fun for a change. Those are the old ways.

All this new stuff is modern perversion. Not to mention specialization. Specialization has always been the great risk. Now a man can be expert on one thing and vastly incompetent on all the others. Physical labor fall into the category of "other" for most specializations. It's even perverse that we now exercise in a specialized framework...Lifting just to lift, doing isolated work just so that we do some physical work. I know that the art-form of building/sculpting is involved, but that's as convoluted as "high-art" always was. We waste a lot of energy, and for a lot of people, exercise is just about wasting energy.

But the sociology of fat dudes with skinny women...that's another story

Society judges women based on their looks, more so than men. A fat dude with a big bank account is more attractive to the opposite sex than a fat chick with a big bank account.

based on what ive seen, women are just putting more and more effort (read: $$$) into methods of concealing how shit they look due to their daily habits.

every girl and her mother is now wearing triple ply yoga pants, a metric fuck ton of makeup, and clothes to conceal/disguise/obfuscate their love handles and sagging guts

recent study that shows, in the US at least, 40% of women are OBESE...not overweight, not fat....but fucking obese..

You come across as hating women in so many posts

Like nothuman said; it's just to much work. There's no real secret behind any of this shit; the only variable that will control how far you'll go is consistency. It's easier for people to accept the way they look than suffer.

Society judges women based on their looks, more so than men. A fat dude with a big bank account is more attractive to the opposite sex than a fat chick with a big bank account.
This is so true.

But imagine being Fit/Muscular with a big bank account!!!

and yet on the other hand,, there a bunch of meat heads at the gym that put so much dedication on how they look that they have stunted on their careers.

This has always been my rant.. It is great to have a good gym/exercise/nutrition life but also its good to put dedication on career and relationship with family.

Theres always that one guy at the gym that is arrogant and will walk like a boss at the gym and look at everybody,, but works in a minimum wage job for decades.

Nothing against people who is in low level income, but I think humility comes a long way.

Yes you look better than me but what do you do for work?

I know some will say "working out is my passion blah blah"

But I know people who goes to gym twice a day and looks pretty damn good, takes all kinds of supps and gear but only a high school grad for more than 5 years.. like really? you have time to go to gym twice a day and perfect your meal but you cant go further in your career..?? i know to each their own.. but common

ahh i dont know guys.. just my rant.. hope i didnt offend anybody

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I think it's hard as hell... I've always been in shape but not the shape I'm in now. And the only reason I can do this when I'm 40 is because I'm retired. I put my 20 in the Army and now it's me time. I was talking about his with my buddy the other day. In e I've been retired for 6 months I look a lot different... I have time to eat right, make my own meals and workout 6 days a week. Working at whatever job you don't have that luxury. Me personally I'm going to ride this wave as long as I can and be relatively safe as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think part of the reason is that women are targeted by marketing companies more than men. Also, women like to feel strong and empowered. Men are assumed to be strong where women typically have to "show" that they are strong.

I think the fitness industry is bigger than ever. maybe its because i live in san diego. Alot more people stay in shape. The shows and events are huge. way more classes. Its growing if anything.

I think more people work out now with all the 3k s and crossfit races etc. More people working out but still a lot who don't. Many workout but diets still suck maybe ? More stress today both couples working hard provide for families jobs are more sedatary. I spoke to my father who graduated HS late 70s. He was big into lifting. He said only people who worked out then we're football players, bodybuilders and few other sports that required lifting. Other than that he said people and kids didn't have all this crappy ready made food when he was a kid, people cooked and prepared their food from whole foods,and everyone was outside playing and doing things outside not sitting in front of tv, phones and computers all day. Do you know schools have cut recess too. In elementary school I remember going outside for recess to play in middle day for 20min they don't do this a lot schools anymore.

Last edited:
I think more people work out now with all the 3k s and crossfit races etc. More people working out but still a lot who don't. Many workout but diets still suck maybe ? More stress today both couples working hard provide for families jobs are more sedatary. I spoke to my father who graduated HS late 70s. He was big into lifting. He said only people who worked out then we're football players, bodybuilders and few other sports that required lifting. Other than that he said people and kids didn't have all this crappy ready made food when he was a kid, people cooked and prepared their food from whole foods,and everyone was outside playing and doing things outside not sitting in front of tv, phones and computers all day. Do you know schools have cut recess too. In elementary school I remember going outside for recess to play in middle day for 20min they don't do this a lot schools anymore.
Fitness is bigger now than its ever been, but its society now that tells you its acceptable to be happy with the way you look. A guy I knew at work was talking about how proud he was of his dad bod, or whatever the hell he wants to call his pouche. Not that its my buisness to judge his lifestyle, but im definitely doing so. I dont understand how people cant just balance things out. I'm busy as hell from the time I get up, which is 5am, to about 8pm when I have to put my kids to bed. For me it all starts in the gym. If i can motivate myself there, it transfers to every other aspect of my life. That maybe accounts for a good majority of the people who post on here.. Although, I would say there are very few, "normal people," on here. Obviously, were the outsiders in this whole equation. I doubt any of us are truly, "happy," with the way we look. Maybe im wrong, but there is a reason why we all browse posts, logs, and cycle experience...Most times compairing how many mg of tren a person can hack before losing thier cookies.

Cant pass judgement here though[emoji12]

Whatever... normal people suck. They can be happy with thier pouches while Im trying to walk through doors sideways.

...and those poor ass kids dont get any recess time outside. Schools are to worried about pushing thier curriculum and not letting kids exercise. They rather force processed foods down thier throats, and have them play on thier ipads, then let them have social interaction and exercise...but thats a whole other subject.

Its our changing society thats creating empowered women and fat men. Not that there is anything wrong with the first part.

Sent from my SM-G530P using Tapatalk

Don't use US Government numbers and studies. I went to sleep one night in my normal weight range and woke up overweight when then changed the chart so they could suddenly have an epidemic and therefor justify a power grab.

And don't forget, those same charts say Tom Cruise is grossly obese...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131