over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pre-workout meal: carbs

epoxy

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
for the past few years i have always stuck to the same pre-workout meal formula of 2 grilled chicken breasts and a bowl of steel cut oats about 1 hour before i hit the gym. tons of energy from oats but for the love of god i'm starting to get over feeling so damn bloated from them. what would be a good, healthy replacement for my pre-workout meal that won't leave me feeling like a damn blimp? i love oatmeal, love that it's a good heart healthy food, but i kinda want to replace it in my diet if i can find a better alternative.

for the past few years i have always stuck to the same pre-workout meal formula of 2 grilled chicken breasts and a bowl of steel cut oats about 1 hour before i hit the gym. tons of energy from oats but for the love of god i'm starting to get over feeling so damn bloated from them. what would be a good, healthy replacement for my pre-workout meal that won't leave me feeling like a damn blimp? i love oatmeal, love that it's a good heart healthy food, but i kinda want to replace it in my diet if i can find a better alternative.
Personally I wouldn't mix brown and white rice together that way you have fast acting and slow acting carbs to burn while you work out. Rice does not have a lot of starch so it should not leave you feeling bloated... I think the best thing you can use as a fast-acting carbs like Pop-Tarts, they will give you an amazing pump..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I've really never noticed a difference no matter what pre workout meal I've had. Whether it's been whey & oats, chicken & rice, bacon cheeseburgers, double chicken chipotle burritos, etc.

English muffins, bagels, or muffins with egg whites or chicken or whey or whatever.

So pretty much everything other than BLOATmeal. I guess that shouldn't be hard.

Iv been doing the mountain dog thing for years

60g whey
60g cream of rice
10g peanut butter

ever try fruit...???

:lightbulb:

I'm surprised you've went this year sticking with oats if its caused bloating.

Cream of rice, english muffins, bagels, jasmine rice -- pretty much anything that isn't going to sit in your gut forever and cause bloat along with any other discomfort.

My favorite one is 1 packet of low sugar fruit and cream oatmeal with a scoop of whey mixed in and a banana sliced and mixed in. I make it ahead of time and eat it cold. I use an intra shake so I dont need a big pre meal. I can get it down in about 2 minutes and doesnt bloat me.

Cream of rice is good. Sometimes if I'm rushing out the door after work or before work I'll have Karbolyn with blue berries in a blender. Actually works great

Just picked up some cream of rice this AM at the store, plan to start using today with my Stevia/brown sugar mix for taste.

I just adjust the carb source depending how close to the workout im at... if im eating 60min pre, rice oatmeal or potatoes... if im 30-45min out -fruit, fruit juice, pop tarts, honey, cereal, muffins, eggo waffles, nutri grain bars, rice krispy treats

Cream of rice works, but I generally don't feel great eating carbs before my workout. I use Vitargo, which I normally start drinking upon entering the gym. This solves my bloating issues, and I don't notice any lack of energy or anything like that.

3 cups of white rice, and 6 oz of cooked salmon for me. Eat it 1 hr prior, and it fuels me through a 90 minute session.

recently been training fasted..
cant touch oat meal. knocks me out n bloats me.
rice products were always best for me..
chx n rice or shake with cream of rice.
or fasted then chx with sups warm up, start sipping sugar drink during beginning of work out, adding carbs in during work out seems to fill me out more.

if using peptides I do them before the chx as they usually drop my blood sugar and give that painful hunger feeling... lol

lil chunky natty peanut butter!
glycerol for sweet taste ( lba's awesome here :headbang: )
cinnamon
I miss that!
damn you!

I will say, while cream of rice is not as tasty as my steel cut oats with brown sugar, it wasn't bad...and holy hell I feel SOOOO much better bloat wise. Usually I feel like a bloated POS during my workout, stomach was flat, felt great. Fuck oatmeal.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws