over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Torn Labrum shoulder surgery

Ford550174

Newbies
not looking forward to this surgery at all but ive been training around the pain for a little over 2 years and now its to the point where my shoulder will pop out when I'm doing presses so I cant stand it any longer... its no longer just the pain its physically not allowing me to train so ive got to do this surgery

what should I expect after surgery? and can anyone give me some advice for faster recovery or anything specific to help heal correctly so I don't go through this again?

thanks!!

Expect pain, once the nerve block wears off, you better have the pills flowing. The first month you won't do nothing, don't move your shoulder at all, if you don't have a recliner, invest in one. Then rehab starts and it sucks balls the first few weeks but gets easier.. Its been 2yrs since I had my shoulder worked on, and I still don't have all the my strength and probably never will.
Good luck on the surgery

Good news!

This much better than rota-tor cuff surgery. It's not fun (had both mine done in the last 5 years) but as mentioned you need to plan a little to avoid undue pain and delays. First I use ice, a lot of ice, keep that sucker elevated and cool for a few days, not hours. If you can afford, get some BPC-157 and thymosin beta 4. These peps will speed your recover and would not hurt to start using them prior to surgery? I was back in the gym in 4 weeks.. light but took off from there steady. Can still feel the area of dis-repair occasionally but came back strong... Go go for it!

Rehab bro! Maker sure you have a good pt and put the work in. It sucks and it takes dedication but those first few months of rehab are very important. Take your time and do everything right. Watch the pain pills tho. Lost a lot of good people and most started with an injury or surgery.

What type of tear? Be specific. Any rotator cuff involvement? AC joint ok? This will all play a roll on the type of repair and what else might be done. Without knowing what is actually wrong you will just get pretty generic responses.

fuck I'm not looking forward to this at all!!! but its not avoidable any more like literally I cant press anything hardly with it

I'm guessing that the dr is gonna want some fresh scans before he cuts on it because my last scans were 2yrs ago when I tore it.. so I go in next week for the appointment and ill see what he says

Its crazy how common a labrum tear is though.

I've torn the labrum AND rotator cuff twice. Both times need reconstructive surgery—on the same shoulder.

But if you have a good Doc, you'll be back in no time man. Take it sloooow, do your rehab, throw some peps and GH in there and you'll be a beast soon enough.

i had the surgery done 5 or so years ago. I can't say it's 100% better I have no regrets having the surgery.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws