advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Have I ruptured/teared my bicep head or tendonitis?

Sevn

Registered
I was flat benching this monday currently 8 weeks out on Anadrol and Winstrol I felt really strong so I went up to a decent weight repped 315 and stayed there to prevent injury moved on to finish my chest workout incline, flyes and everything went smooth good contractions and no pain.

Woke up tuesday morning and my upper bicep tendon is extremely painful and I have extremely limited ROM, can't fully extend my arm and flex my bicep. Decided to train legs and hope it would go away but had extreme trouble falling asleep due to pain.

I went to look in the mirror this morning and upper bicep is red, swollen, lump,
warm to touch and painful to touch.

Anybody has any idea what it could be? Can I still do the show?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    214.4 KB · Views: 192
??

Prob take a doc to figure this one out? That doesn't look like what I would expect a tear to look like? Not saying it couldn't be but mine had a noticeable bulge from the torn muscle/tendon retracting back away from the tear....
Do you have any marks in the area of the redness?

if you tore or detached something.....you would know immediately....

give it a few days.....no training....see what happens.

actually looks like a spot inject....you hit bis at all..???

Last edited:
if you tore or detached something.....you would know immediately....

give it a few days.....no training....see what happens.

actually looks like a spot inject....you hit bis at all..???
That's what it looks like to me as well. Doesn't look torn, if it was you'd be in much worse pain and wouldn't be posting about it.

You would know if you tore your pec and you woudn't have to ask. Trust me...I just ruptured the tendons and quads on both legs simultaniously 18 days ago...had them reattached 15 days. You would know...you hear a pop minimally and a feeling like guitar strings breaking (that's how it felt years ago when I tore a quad along with an audible pop in my ears)......Of course the ruptured tendons and quads sounded and felt about 500 times worse....but you get the idea......Possibly you may have tore a few fibers at most....

Last edited:
You would know if you tore your pec and you woudn't have to ask. Trust me...I just ruptured the tendons and quads on both legs simultaniously 18 days ago...had them reattached 15 days. You would know...you hear a pop minimally and a feeling like guitar strings breaking (that's how it felt years ago when I tore a quad along with an audible pop in my ears)......Of course the ruptured tendons and quads sounded and felt about 500 times worse....but you get the idea......Possibly you may have tore a few fibers at most....

its def. an audible sound......to me it sounded like an unopened
bag of doritos......being smashed with a tennis racket....not a nice
sound....:(

its def. an audible sound......to me it sounded like an unopened
bag of doritos......being smashed with a tennis racket....not a nice
sound....:(

You just ruined Doritos and tennis rackets for me. Good thing I dont use either.

I see distal biceps tears all the time were ppl dont hear a pop, or have a full retraction or even know how they did it. Im too tired to go through all the reasons why with varient anatomy and fibrosa coverings etc

An ultrasound will be adequate to rule in/out a tear. If positive you can an MRI preop.

EDIT: Just saw that pic... normally the bruising and inflammation is more distal. Does sort of look like a biceps injection but short of that id get an ultrasound.

Last edited:
I see distal biceps tears all the time were ppl dont hear a pop, or have a full retraction or even know how they did it. Im too tired to go through all the reasons why with varient anatomy and fibrosa coverings etc

An ultrasound will be adequate to rule in/out a tear. If positive you can an MRI preop.

yea well.....a small partial tear is 1 thing (really nothing)...
ive partially torn BOTH rhomboids....and at the time just felt
like they were strained a bit.....but the next day couldn't stand
up straight....

this very well could be the case.....i would incorporate no upper body
for several days......then see how it feels....if a partial tear DID in fact
occur....there is nothing you can do for it anyway.....except the norm
icing and pain meds (if that bad)...

from the pics i feel its VERY minor....but im no Doctor....my brother is lol

:cool:

Last edited:
I just started a,cycle of Epistane and my joints felt like saw dust then my elbow swelled to the size of a softball had to have it drained.Doc said it was bursitis but I never had it before also my knees are swelling it could be dried out joints .

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I agree. I tore some fascia in my quad and two other guys could hear it clear across the room about 20-30 feet away. Sounded like tearing a shirt.

I agree. I tore some fascia in my quad and two other guys could hear it clear across the room about 20-30 feet away. Sounded like tearing a shirt.

Same happened to me.....can't really do anything about the quad fibers tearing...no surgery can fix that.....just an ace bandage for a week and ice. That's what the Dr informed me at the time. I did that and my quad was way better in just 1 week...not 100%....but alot better. Now I just have a tiny little bump that nobody could really notice unless I pointed it out.

I've took on Tenny's advice and rested my upper body for four days straight.

Pain and swelling has gone down noticeably and ROM is coming back, I'll try and do some light work from monday on and see how it feels.

To this day I still have no clue what caused it, I've gone through it back and forth and I believe the incline flyes caused the injury it's the only exercise that I can think of that could put alot of strain on my bicep/shoulder tendon.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131