over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Guys I need your help to quit smoking

dfresh333

Registered
I have been a smoker since I was 18. Surrounded by bad influences started me up and it's been a struggle.I know I am going to get guys telling me to toughen up and just stop, but it's such a addiction I keep falling back into it and need help. Has anyone had success with cessation drugs?

I have been a smoker since I was 18. Surrounded by bad influences started me up and it's been a struggle.I know I am going to get guys telling me to toughen up and just stop, but it's such a addiction I keep falling back into it and need help. Has anyone had success with cessation drugs?

Tons of people have had success with Chantax, Zyban or Zonnic I think. What do you have to lose? Give one a try. Guys can tell you toughen up all they want but nicotine is highly addictive. Some people are better with quitting than others. I quit smoking years ago. Then later on I started chewing. I quit that cold turkey no problem and then 3 years later started again. This time it's not so easy though. For one I enjoy it but know I must quit. A lot of it is mental. Try getting some little hard candies to go along with it too. It really helps. Good luck.

Chantix made me stop after only two weeks of using it. Its definitely worth it.

If you use Chantix follow it all the way through. The cravings will disappear before you finish the run but keep taking it. I relapsed hard the first time.

Rep for mygearguru

Visit www.mygearguru.com for discounts on all your aas and hgh needs! Use code 4040 for 40% off your order!

In addition to cessation drugs, there is very strong evidence to suggest that the social environment surrounding you before, during, and after your quit contributes to your success.

based on some recent research (hmmm - might I be affiliated with this haha) I would suggest not spending as much time with current smokers and trying to be around socially supportive individuals. Basically removing yourself from environments that have any "cues" for smoking - especially stressful ones. Support and advice from former smokers is also particularly powerful.

There are also some free apps and quit lines that are available through smokefree.gov.

Use as many resources as possible and you will be successful.

But quit for sure. It is so terrible unhealthy

I smoked for about a year around 18-19 years old. One day climbing a hill, I noticed that my cardio ability was not the same as while not smoking. So I decided to stop it. Never smoked again in my life.

Now as grown up always wonder, why some people "can't" stop smoking. Or why some people "need" to use those stupid vapors.

I think its all related to funky brain chemistry. Just like anxiety, panic disorders, and other addictions. As always, it all comes down to nutrients. A body deficient in certain key nutrients will develop these kind of weird behaviors and dependencies.

I tried it on myself. I was pretty much my whole life a huge sugar consumer. I was the kind of person that could buy too big bars of hershey's chocolate and just devour the 2 bars in one shot. I could buy the biggest bag of starburst and eat them all one after another.

Once I learned about naturopathic medicine and the important of essential nutrients involved in every single biochemical process in the body, I decided to adjust my diet and supplements and stopped sugar.

When I tried before stopping sugar while "dieting" with my limited knowledge of nutrients from discussion forums, I ALWAYS used to crave sugar like crazy. And I see that in many athletes, bodybuilders, when theyre preparing for a competition, the crave sugar. In fact, the day after the show, the eat that night all the crap they were craving. This became more like a ritual nowadays, but in my opinion it all comes down to the same origin. Nutrient deficiency.

So when I decided to stop sugar while adjusting my diet and nutrients focus on HEALTH first, I never craved sugar again. I like sugar of course, its delicious, but with the proper amount of essential nutrients in the body, is not an addiction anymore.

I believe tobacco addiction and other drugs, have the same origin.

I'll never understand these types of things...

"you guisssseeee... help me make a decision that only I can make for myself"..

I mean... im not trying to be a dick or anything... but is this like... a tactic to try to remove accountability from yourself because you believe you will inevitably fail?

I get this kinda stuff from my lady friends all the time.. "Slice... help me lose fat"

then they get all mad at me when I gently remind them that they should go easy on the m&m's lol... "why don't you want me to be happy????"

people are funny.

I guess i'll keep it simple by giving you the best advice my dad ever gave me when I was younger - "Just fucking do it!....FUCK"

love ya pops :sta;-wars

I know a few people who have successful stop smoking when they vapor. Start at a higher nicotine and slowly taper off.

almost 6 years for me smoke free its hard to bet but I put my mind to it and did it you can do it brother

I started smoking at 13. smoked for 40 years.. Smoked my last one Oct 31 2015. used the Vape to quit, still vape but down to 3mg nic now and havent even thought about a cigarette in a year.

wellbutrin, nicorette, vape whatever it takes to quit.
Don't listen to all these hardcore guys that are addicted to steroids :D , it's not as easy as just putting your mind to it when it's chemical.
Props to you for trying to stop.

I actually used the nicotine patch to quit. I had to wear two patches in the beginning. The 21mg patch and the 7mg patch. I smoked three packs a day. The 21mg patch just wasn't enough. I worked my way down to the 7mg patch and then to nothing. November 21st will be 13 years smoke free. Good luck.

Quit now before you cough up brown stuff and blood. You work out you need a good heart and lungs. Do you feel like bringing a oxygen tank into the gym? Its a matter of time before you will have copd. Look that up.

I'll never understand these types of things...

"you guisssseeee... help me make a decision that only I can make for myself"..

I mean... im not trying to be a dick or anything... but is this like... a tactic to try to remove accountability from yourself because you believe you will inevitably fail?

I get this kinda stuff from my lady friends all the time.. "Slice... help me lose fat"

then they get all mad at me when I gently remind them that they should go easy on the m&m's lol... "why don't you want me to be happy????"

people are funny.

I guess i'll keep it simple by giving you the best advice my dad ever gave me when I was younger - "Just fucking do it!....FUCK"

love ya pops :sta;-wars

The dude's already decided he wants to quit, he's made the decision. He's just looking for some advice on how to do it. Isn't that one of the things we're all about here on this board, helping our brothers and sisters when and if we can?

The dude's already decided he wants to quit, he's made the decision. He's just looking for some advice on how to do it. Isn't that one of the things we're all about here on this board, helping our brothers and sisters when and if we can?

Just sounded like tough love to me. Didn't read it like he was telling the op a bad thing

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity