over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Post-surgery peps for broken ankle and torn ligaments

ballennonstop

Banned
On October 15th I had a surfing accident and fractured my fibula, tore all three ligaments in my ankle-that severely dislocated from the impact. By the time I made it to the ER, they couldn't find a pulse in my foot-which has turned a dark purple color. My leg was reset before I had received any pain meds, which was by far the most painful experience of my life.

Five days later I had ORIF Ankle surgery and I now have 8 screws and a plate in my leg. At my two week post op doctors appointment (last Friday) I was given a removable boot and a referral for PT. Yesterday was my first day of not taking any pain meds. So I feel a little off..but I just wanted to throw this story out there to see if anyone has been through any similar experience? And if anyone could recommend any peptides, hormones, supplements to help heal up faster.

From what I've researched it sounds like GH would be a great addition to speed up recovery (shocker!)..Also, peptides like Ipa, cjc, etc sound like they could speed up the ligament healing process..BPC 157 sounds very interesting and cost efficient-which is important because I had to resign from my job. TB 500 sounds great but probably too expensive. Deca probably would help the joint...

So many options, just trying to put together a cost effective protocol so I can bounce back. Been laying supine, getting fat and losing muscle by the day 😨 thanks in advance for any insight..

On October 15th I had a surfing accident and fractured my fibula, tore all three ligaments in my ankle-that severely dislocated from the impact. By the time I made it to the ER, they couldn't find a pulse in my foot-which has turned a dark purple color. My leg was reset before I had received any pain meds, which was by far the most painful experience of my life.

Five days later I had ORIF Ankle surgery and I now have 8 screws and a plate in my leg. At my two week post op doctors appointment (last Friday) I was given a removable boot and a referral for PT. Yesterday was my first day of not taking any pain meds. So I feel a little off..but I just wanted to throw this story out there to see if anyone has been through any similar experience? And if anyone could recommend any peptides, hormones, supplements to help heal up faster.

From what I've researched it sounds like GH would be a great addition to speed up recovery (shocker!)..Also, peptides like Ipa, cjc, etc sound like they could speed up the ligament healing process..BPC 157 sounds very interesting and cost efficient-which is important because I had to resign from my job. TB 500 sounds great but probably too expensive. Deca probably would help the joint...

So many options, just trying to put together a cost effective protocol so I can bounce back. Been laying supine, getting fat and losing muscle by the day �� thanks in advance for any insight..

I feel your pain as I'm 5 weeks post op bi lateral quad and tendon reattachment. Personally I'm taking MK677 Ostarine and hormone replacement therapy levels of Enanthate. Also for pain and inflammation I'm taking a 40mg CBD cannabinoid patch along with some special anti inflammatory CBD Cannabinoid lotion to put on the affected area.

I'm sure there are plenty other things I could be taking, but whether you speed up the recovery or not...You still need to not risk it...take the appropriate time the Dr says to heal. I know I am..as much as I hate it. I don't want to risk reinjury and start all over again.

So many options, just trying to put together a cost effective protocol so I can bounce back. Been laying supine, getting fat and losing muscle by the day 😨 thanks in advance for any insight..

If only your distal fibula was broken and not your tibia and if there was no intra-articular fracture extension then you could do things that may accelerate the osseus healing process. By 3 ligaments im assuming you mean ATFL, PTFL and then either the interosseus or high higher up anterior/posterior tib fib ligaments? The reason why this is important is becuase you dont want to have too much of an exerburant callous formation in certain areas but lets say its a weber C fx then you can do anything you want.

1. Things that either increase your insulin or IGF/GH levels will help. So eating a ton, using insulin in small frequent doses and taking GH willl help speed the healing process

2. Look into LIPUS bone stim unit. It works. I proved that and i was trying to prove it was BS...

3. Dont do stuff to reduce inflammation like any peps or NSAIDs..you need inflammation for the healing process.

This is why its important to know exactly what the injury is. I see on the boards ppl issuing blanket statements about GH and AAS and PEPs and whatever about healing but its not that simple. You can make things worse in certain circumstances

I was interested in Bone Broth....I came across it the other day. If anyone has any real world experience with "Bone Broth" then explain...

I feel your pain as I'm 5 weeks post op bi lateral quad and tendon reattachment. Personally I'm taking MK677 Ostarine and hormone replacement therapy levels of Enanthate. Also for pain and inflammation I'm taking a 40mg CBD cannabinoid patch along with some special anti inflammatory CBD Cannabinoid lotion to put on the affected area.

I'm sure there are plenty other things I could be taking, but whether you speed up the recovery or not...You still need to not risk it...take the appropriate time the Dr says to heal. I know I am..as much as I hate it. I don't want to risk reinjury and start all over again.
I would do 30 MCG of igf right into the ankle per day and some BCP 157 at a few hundred micrograms in the same pin

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I would do 30 MCG of igf right into the ankle per day and some BCP 157 at a few hundred micrograms in the same pin

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

i am going to not mince words... injecting ANYTHING directly into your ankle when you are s/p ORIF is the more retarded thing you can do. Every time you inject anything some bacteria get introduced. He has hardware in. If bacteria gets anywhere near hardware and results in infection it will be one of the worst things that can happen.

DO NOT INJECT ANYTHING IN THAT AREA!

If only your distal fibula was broken and not your tibia and if there was no intra-articular fracture extension then you could do things that may accelerate the osseus healing process. By 3 ligaments im assuming you mean ATFL, PTFL and then either the interosseus or high higher up anterior/posterior tib fib ligaments? The reason why this is important is becuase you dont want to have too much of an exerburant callous formation in certain areas but lets say its a weber C fx then you can do anything you want.

1. Things that either increase your insulin or IGF/GH levels will help. So eating a ton, using insulin in small frequent doses and taking GH willl help speed the healing process

2. Look into LIPUS bone stim unit. It works. I proved that and i was trying to prove it was BS...

3. Dont do stuff to reduce inflammation like any peps or NSAIDs..you need inflammation for the healing process.

This is why its important to know exactly what the injury is. I see on the boards ppl issuing blanket statements about GH and AAS and PEPs and whatever about healing but its not that simple. You can make things worse in certain circumstances

Yeah my Tibia is fine. It's a distal fracture of the fibula and to quote the surgeon, "All of my ligaments were shredded." So I'm not really sure if that answers your question but I can post the detailed evaluation of the X-ray & Catscans, if that would help?

Also can just post the x-ray if that gives you any more idea exactly which injury it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am going to not mince words... injecting ANYTHING directly into your ankle when you are s/p ORIF is the more retarded thing you can do. Every time you inject anything some bacteria get introduced. He has hardware in. If bacteria gets anywhere near hardware and results in infection it will be one of the worst things that can happen.

DO NOT INJECT ANYTHING IN THAT AREA!

I'm glad you made this post, because I was on the verge of ordering some peps and blasting them SQ right near the injury.

Sorry to hear that bud, it sucks! Very interesting stuff you mention with the CBD patches and lotion. Do you think they're helping? I'm sure the peps are speeding up your healing process considerably.

I was interested in Bone Broth....I came across it the other day. If anyone has any real world experience with "Bone Broth" then explain...

Never heard of it but I did start taking cissus the other day, if you're familiar with it

Gotgame, never heard of the LIPUS unit but I'll look into it.

I'm actually very excited bc my girlfriends mother has an exogen bone stim machine that she only used once and is bringing it over

I'm actually very excited bc my girlfriends mother has an exogen bone stim machine that she only used once and is bringing it over

Yup exogen is LIPUS. its low intensity pulsed utrasound. I thought i was BS but maybe 12 years ago I worked in a lab in a university on a project funded by smith and nephew and my section was on diabetic fracture healing. the exogen unit greatly improved fracture healing. I thought it was BS and I even underestimated my data ( that they cite on their website) and it was still signfiicant.

Yeah my Tibia is fine. It's a distal fracture of the fibula and to quote the surgeon, "All of my ligaments were shredded." So I'm not really sure if that answers your question but I can post the detailed evaluation of the X-ray & Catscans, if that would help?

Also can just post the x-ray if that gives you any more idea exactly which injury it is

yes that would help. I wanna know if there was widening of the syndosmosis. If there was I would back off on using GH/insulin for a bit so that you dont cause too much callus formation right by your lateral talar dome.

I have two of these...one was used for expediting the healing process for my lumbar fusion and the other was used for expediting my cervical fusion.

I've been using a TENS machine on low settings in order to increase blood flow into my quadriceps in the hopes that the increased blood flow will help expedite healing.

Yup exogen is LIPUS. its low intensity pulsed utrasound. I thought i was BS but maybe 12 years ago I worked in a lab in a university on a project funded by smith and nephew and my section was on diabetic fracture healing. the exogen unit greatly improved fracture healing. I thought it was BS and I even underestimated my data ( that they cite on their website) and it was still signfiicant.

Psyched to hear that! Do you think using it more than once a day has any benefits?

IMG_4617.jpg

yes that would help. I wanna know if there was widening of the syndosmosis. If there was I would back off on using GH/insulin for a bit so that you dont cause too much callus formation right by your lateral talar dome.

IMG_4624.jpg
IMG_4625.jpg
IMG_4626.jpg
IMG_4623.jpg

First x ray was the day of the incident. Second x ray was taken at my 2 week post op appointment..and the detailed readings are also from the day of the accident of course. Thanks

Thats a Weber B and you fucked up your deltoid ligament as well. The fx line extends into pretty close to your lateral talar dome. If it were me, and this is not based on any real true life experience as we dont use GH and insulin or other stuff for patients but if it were me id wait about 4 weeks before using GH/insulin and id keep using the bone stim for now.

My rationale behind that is let your body form some callus first of normal size and then use the GH/insulin to speed up the bone remodeling of that callus and help repair the ligaments. This is NOT based on clinical trials etc this is just what I would do if i were my ankle.

Oh and also use the bone stim on your medial ankle as well. When deltoid rips it takes bone with it and the exogen unit should help with that healing as well.

Thats a Weber B and you fucked up your deltoid ligament as well. The fx line extends into pretty close to your lateral talar dome. If it were me, and this is not based on any real true life experience as we dont use GH and insulin or other stuff for patients but if it were me id wait about 4 weeks before using GH/insulin and id keep using the bone stim for now.

My rationale behind that is let your body form some callus first of normal size and then use the GH/insulin to speed up the bone remodeling of that callus and help repair the ligaments. This is NOT based on clinical trials etc this is just what I would do if i were my ankle.

Oh and also use the bone stim on your medial ankle as well. When deltoid rips it takes bone with it and the exogen unit should help with that healing as well.

I wanted to say the surgeon said it was a Weber B, but I wasn't 100% sure.

You make a lot of interesting points, and I may go GH and/or peps in a month or so as you recommended. You don't think I should add in BPC systemically (not site injecting)? Also, are you not mentioning peps due to risk of infection from unsterile products? Just a guess..

And yeah, my ankle was basically shattered so I knew I would have my work cut out for me [emoji85] IMG_4628.jpg

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Urs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity