over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Enhanced _______ Product

concreteguy

Verified Customer
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
These guys are selling an oral acid that enhances the same type of lactic acid response and claim it "sends the muscle more of a message of growth". They also claim you will feel more lactic acid type pain after training. In theory it looks good on paper.

Any thoughts on this product?

CG

They're a sponsor here. Shoot them a DM, I'm sure they'd like a product review from a vet like yourself :)

The arachdonic acid sup? They sell it at my gym maybe ill give it a shot

It does what it is supposed to do. However, it works best in a low Omega-3 environment, which isn't exactly the healthiest road to take...but it is one of the few supps that has some solid scientific support behind it. Of course, you shouldn't expect AAS-like gains or anything like that, but I don't know anyone who would promote it as such anyway.

Lot of positive data backing Arachidonic Acid.

Like Mike stated, you're going to want to limit/skip out on omega 3s. Best to be used on an empty stomach pre-workout to ensure deposition of ArA into skeletal tissue.

I would also limit/avoid NSAID's and anti-inflammatories.

Isn't this the supplement another well known gentleman in the supp industry came out with? I forget his name. Something about low omega 3s and high omega 6s if I remember correctly for it to work properly.

In the end, it's snake oil compared to the PEDs we are using now.

Isn't this the supplement another well known gentleman in the supp industry came out with? I forget his name. Something about low omega 3s and high omega 6s if I remember correctly for it to work properly.

In the end, it's snake oil compared to the PEDs we are using now.

William Llewellyn?

It's probably best to use this if you are doing the precision diet with fats (like for Insulin or something). Otherwise, some additional AA supplementation could help at those plateau-points.

It's just like taking Omega-6, no biggie. Personally, I get enough AA eating red meat, etc (if you want to eat red meat). Although, I will be sampling the Enhanced Athlete product here pretty soon.

AA is just the bulk substrate used to make eicosanoids, as cholesterol is used to make steroids. They are both related. The molecules that come from AA are some of the most fundamentally important signaling molecules, even more important than androgens. It's just that taking AA itself doesn't guarantee any magic, yet you need AA in your diet.

I take that $ and by more test.

I like the idea of this because it's not more gear. It's just another angle to come at it from. I'm going to donate $39 and turn pro !

CG

I like the idea of this because it's not more gear. It's just another angle to come at it from. I'm going to donate $39 and turn pro !

CG
yea but when you piss in a waterfall does it increase flow of the river?

Brilliant analogy.!!!

with so many new great products that make all these claims I can't help but wonder how many upper level competitors are using them

It does if your Chuck Norris! lol

I don't get the analogy. More food, gear, training. Your saying more acid wont evoke more signaling?

CG

how does this effect cortisol....???

Another good question!

CG

Exactly. When it comes to bodybuilding, muscle growth can only be maximized when stimulated through as many pathways as possible. Continuing to beat on a dead horse once we've already hit the point of diminishing returns is not a cost-effective or gains-efficient way to go about making progress.

For example, steroids produce the greatest growth of all compounds, but after we reach the 2-3 gram point (more or less depending on the individual), continuing to add in more steroids is going to produce little to barely any (and maybe zero) additional results. On the other hand, if we throw in some GH and/or insulin instead of using more steroids, we will experience better gains.

This principle stand true for "ALL" pathways. Once the current pathway has been maxed out (or close to it) we will always achieve more rapid growth by targeting the next most powerful pathway (regardless of how far down the line we go).

This is why most bodybuilders, by the time they reach the 1-2 gram range, start adding in other drugs instead of continuing to just increase the steroid dose...because they know that adding in new categories of drugs will yield better gains. This is why we use not only PED's, but supplements and even nutrients of all kinds, such as creatine, leucine, etc. All of these compounds can help stimulate muscle growth through different mechanisms, which adds up to a potentially faster rate of growth. It is the weakest link that holds us back the most. In a wider sense, this principle stands true for all aspects of bodybuilding, including training, nutrition, drugs, etc.

This is why it makes no sense to me when I see bodybuilders saying stupid shit like "OTC supps are a complete waste of money for a PED-using bodybuilder". According to their logic, just because steroids are a more potent class of muscle building drugs, it automatically means that any class of compounds that is less potent is a waste of time. If they applied this logic consistently, they would also be rejecting things like GH, insulin, IGF-1, and other drugs...as they are all significantly less potent than AAS.

Unfortunately, this is the bodybuilding meat-head stereotype strong a work. Arguments like this demonstrate a piss poor intellect at best and a big part of the reason why so many guys abuse the shit out of drugs while simultaneously neglecting other areas of their program.

Note: This post wasn't directed at anyone in this thread, but meant to reflect the general mentality of a certain segment of our community--often the younger generation (but NOT always).

Last edited:
They also claim you will feel more lactic acid type pain after training. In theory it looks good on paper.

Muscle soreness the day after has NOTHING to do with lactic acid. That is all cleared from the muscle within minutes. More bro science perpetuated as real and beneficial. :banghead: Waste of money

Muscle soreness the day after has NOTHING to do with lactic acid. That is all cleared from the muscle within minutes. More bro science perpetuated as real and beneficial. :banghead: Waste of money

It works by increasing acute inflammation in the muscle, which in turn sends a heightened signal to the body's growth machinery.

It has been proven to work. That's a fact. Whether it's worth someone's money or not depends on several factors, but it does work...so saying it is a waste of money isn't right. It may be a waste for you, but not for everyone.

I think even the placebo effect would be worth it if
your hitting a wall at some point...

:cool:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws