over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ALA, Berberine, Metformin and so on...

I dont know...guys seem to be raving about metformin. There has to be some advantage to it.

ALA is also a pretty effective supplement as well. Seems that there is a good and bad report for everything these days...

Many of us aren't using these things for performance benefits anyway. Suppversity is really only writing this from a performance aspect, and it doesn't seem to either help or hurt that much from what it sounds like.

Metformin --> ampk --> better health. Close thread

Metformin --> ampk --> better health. Close thread
Concur.

I also like the ALCAR/ALA stack.

As Meadows once advised, take your antioxidants hours (like 3-4) away from training if you're so paranoid. Frankly, I don't think the end result matters much, real world. The longevity/health benefits outweigh any detriment, imo. Very few of us are running sprints for time or accruing mass for elite level shows.

Last edited:
This is just another website owner trying to get more visits by posting threads here. Probably a banner former spammer/member.

Concur.

I also like the ALCAR/ALA stack.

As Meadows once advised, take your antioxidants hours (like 3-4) away from training if you're so paranoid. Frankly, I don't think the end result matters much, real world. The longevity/health benefits outweigh any detriment, imo. Very few of us are running sprints for time or accruing mass for elite level shows.

What dose do you like with the Alcar/ALA?

What dose do you like with the Alcar/ALA?
Vitacost makes a combination cap, a serving is 1g ALCAR, 600mg ALA. Usually just do that once a day, sometimes twice depending on carbs. These two together basically enhance each other.

Vitacost makes a combination cap, a serving is 1g ALCAR, 600mg ALA. Usually just do that once a day, sometimes twice depending on carbs. These two together basically enhance each other.

Very good combo as the ALCAR

I like 1 gram ALCAR with 150-300mg Na-R-ALA 2x per day.

You guys simply didn't get the point.
It's not about saying that XYZ doesn't work ...it's about the hype which doesn't correlate with the efficiency.
But they are not hype. AMPK activation is one of the keys to long term health/longevity and yes they are bad if your goal is muscle gain and mTOR activation.

It is a constant battle between the two and I found that with intermittent fasting (IF) you get the best of both worlds. But IF will favor AMPK.

Constant small meals especially with protein while is not necessarily bad for your physique goals but it is very bad with regards to deactivating AMPK, so to say.

Constant mTOR activation is also bad in cases of cancer but good for muscle.

Again it is a balancing act and depends on what your goals are.

So again those supplements and drugs in the review are not hype in fact they are perfect for some of our goals.

Sent from my VS990 using Professional Muscle mobile app

if you haven't been on metformin for 6 months at least I really don't care what your opinion is. Not directed at anyone specifically but in general.

many appear to try metformin for a short time and not give it a chance to fully kick in and get the full range of benefits. it's like that time i injected 500mgs of test for two weeks and couldn't see the gains.

and no matter how many times it's been mentioned on how to avoid the gastro/blow out flying shits, the mention of that being a reason for giving up on metformin keeps me shaking my head. oatmeal, bananas once in the morning and again in evening prevents your digestive tract from turning into a long, snakey blender set permanently on puree. really folks you can't take the time to properly research this wonder drug? some of you take it a few times and then set out into the world without knowing exactly where the nearest toilet is, and then come onboard to here tell us why you hate metformin.

then there's the...
"The BRAT diet(Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast) was once a staple of most pediatricians' recommendations for children with an upset stomach. The idea was that it gave the gut a chance to rest and reduced the amount of stool produced."

Attachments

• no metformin & contrast dye.jpg
    no metformin & contrast dye.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 272
if you haven't been on metformin for 6 months at least I really don't care what your opinion is. Not directed at anyone specifically but in general.

What benefits do you notice?
I'm only on it for about 3 weeks now and my belly is getting flat while I'm not even eating that clean :) I'm worrying a bit about muscle gain because it suppose to inhibit mTOR a bit. Am I worrying about nothing?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131