over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

1102 pound bench press champ in the news

Hhmmm wonder what his raw bench is?

Ha his gym is 5 minutes from my house in Kingwood,Tx...Never been though lol...

I just can't rally behind geared lifting.... There's just nothing exciting about it to me.... I've competed in powerlifting and still plan to continue competing and at my last meet it was stupid there was a handful of geared guys who outweighed me by a good 60-80 pounds wearing gear and still couldn't outlift me, much less other guys wayyy stronger than me... I didn't even do that good at my meet.... Only got my opener on bench and tweaked my shoulder on my second attempt, only got my opener and 3rd attempt on squats and only got my opener on deadlifts and the geared guys still sucked.... There was a 220 guy there who had a fucked up hamstring and still squated almost 700 and barely missed a almost 700 pull but benched right under 500... He won best overall lifter but yet they praised some geared dude like he was a god or some shit even though he barely outlift a raw guy that was 80 pounds less than him... Come to find out the promoter of the meet was buddies with him and that promoter didn't even pay the overall male and female lifters their cash prizes like it was advertised 😑😑

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Professional Muscle mobile app

I'm very pro gear but Meeker is a fraud. He's never locked out a bench press over 600#.

Thats what I figured.

I just can't rally behind geared lifting.... There's just nothing exciting about it to me.... I've competed in powerlifting and still plan to continue competing and at my last meet it was stupid there was a handful of geared guys who outweighed me by a good 60-80 pounds wearing gear and still couldn't outlift me, much less other guys wayyy stronger than me... I didn't even do that good at my meet.... Only got my opener on bench and tweaked my shoulder on my second attempt, only got my opener and 3rd attempt on squats and only got my opener on deadlifts and the geared guys still sucked.... There was a 220 guy there who had a fucked up hamstring and still squated almost 700 and barely missed a almost 700 pull but benched right under 500... He won best overall lifter but yet they praised some geared dude like he was a god or some shit even though he barely outlift a raw guy that was 80 pounds less than him... Come to find out the promoter of the meet was buddies with him and that promoter didn't even pay the overall male and female lifters their cash prizes like it was advertised 😑😑

Reading between the lines...There was a guy (you?) who weighed 140, squatted in the mid 6's, pulled close to 700 and benched in the mid 4's? All raw? And didn't win overall? Something sounds off, here. Granted, I know nothing about powerlifting other than it's something most dudes turn to when they realize they are a combination of (1)Stronger than most guys their size and (2)Unable to achieve an aesthetically pleasing physique. Not calling out powerlifters. Just something I've noticed over the years.

I competed in PL during the early 1980s in the 220lb class I was naturally strong so I usually won it was fun and I loved competition. But I gave it up kause I was working my ass off for a cheap plastic trophy.
Bench shirts were just starting to get popular I seems the initial consern was to protect the lifters just like the suits. But it has gone way too far some guys getting 300lbs more from a shirt that's ridiculous!

Reading between the lines...There was a guy (you?) who weighed 140, squatted in the mid 6's, pulled close to 700 and benched in the mid 4's? All raw? And didn't win overall? Something sounds off, here. Granted, I know nothing about powerlifting other than it's something most dudes turn to when they realize they are a combination of (1)Stronger than most guys their size and (2)Unable to achieve an aesthetically pleasing physique. Not calling out powerlifters. Just something I've noticed over the years.
Lmao nope not at all... I did pretty shitty that meet, I was 238 the day of the meet, only got my 373 opener on bench, got all out of my groove on the way up on my second attempt and missed 391 (gotten 395 for a easy double in training but just fucked up on form), ended up with a 592 squat, was told before hand to pick a 600-610 but I didnt, then I pulled 628 for a easy single then barely missed 666, then didn't have enough gas left to get it on the 3rd... I was so excited and shocked that I even won my weight class... But I totalled 1,591... It was a great experience I just thought it was a joke that the geared 320 pound guy got more praise than the guy that weighed 217 and squated almost 700 pulled almost 700 and benched almost 500.

So it's funny you say that considering there's bodybuilders that actually started out in powerlifting then moved over to bodybuilding..... There's one guy that I can't quite place a name with the face, some black dude that won some sort of physique competition a few times... What was his name? Lonnie Joleman? Jonnie Oleman? .... Fuck I can't remember but when you figure that one out let me know lol

Anddddddd before it's even said yes I know Ronnie Coleman isn't exactly the standard to compare the rest of us mere mortals to.... Was just a name that popped up... But I mean fuck another example is John Meadows, Arnold Schwarzenegger even gave powerlifting a shot, franco columbu and I'm sure I'll think of others

I've competed raw, single, and multiply. Raw and multiply are totally different! You have to be way more technical in all the gear and it really takes a toll lifting the crazy heavy weights. I lifted in the 198's and squatted 800, benched low 500's, and pulled 700. Tiny used to be at all the meets I went to. He would always open with something in the mid 800's and get it, 2nd attempt low 900's and miss it, 3rd attempt 1003lbs and miss it. I can't tell you how many meets this happened at. His crew would always try to pump the crowd up before his 1000lbs attempts and people would be getting up to go to the bathroom or just walking off the get ready for deadlift. He was kind of a joke to be honest; but out of nowhere he hits 1102lbs...I'm not even sure if he ever hit anything between 1000-1099lbs in a meet before he all of a sudden hit 1102lbs? I maybe wrong but I can't recall seeing it in person or on the internet.

Guys like Ryan Kennelly and Jason Coker are freaks in and out of shirts.

Yes they called it a good lift...I don't think anyone in powerlifting recognized Tiny as the best bencher in the world.

Don't forget about Mendelson...also a way better bencher than Tiny.

I've competed raw, single, and multiply. Raw and multiply are totally different! You have to be way more technical in all the gear and it really takes a toll lifting the crazy heavy weights. I lifted in the 198's and squatted 800, benched low 500's, and pulled 700. Tiny used to be at all the meets I went to. He would always open with something in the mid 800's and get it, 2nd attempt low 900's and miss it, 3rd attempt 1003lbs and miss it. I can't tell you how many meets this happened at. His crew would always try to pump the crowd up before his 1000lbs attempts and people would be getting up to go to the bathroom or just walking off the get ready for deadlift. He was kind of a joke to be honest; but out of nowhere he hits 1102lbs...I'm not even sure if he ever hit anything between 1000-1099lbs in a meet before he all of a sudden hit 1102lbs? I maybe wrong but I can't recall seeing it in person or on the internet.

Definitely can get those dudes are crazy strong raw and equipped

Meant to say I definitely can agree lol

One of the best from the past, Larry Pacifico

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYeGB2fO9BQ"]Larry Pacifico - 575lb BenchPress (1972 WorldChampionships) - YouTube[/ame]

Now that is a real bench! He only weighed 198 too.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws