over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is Krill King?

G.I.Bro

Banned
Registered
"The results of this clinical trial demonstrate that daily doses of 1-3 g krill oil are significantly more effective than 3 g EPA/DHA fish oil in the management of hyperlipidemia"....

The 2-3 g dose of krill oil had an even greater effect. That dose boosted the HDL level by 55-60 percent and reduced the LDL by 37-39 percent. The triglyceride concentration went down by 27-28 percent. All effects were statistically significant.

krilloilcardiovascularhealth5.gif

krilloilcardiovascularhealth.gif

krilloilcardiovascularhealth7.gif

krilloilcardiovascularhealth4.gif

http://www.ergo-log.com/krill-oil-supplementation-big-boost-to-hdl-and-lower-ldl.html

I take Carlson's liquid fish oil. But I also take Jarrow's Krill at 1.2g/day (standard dosing). May double it and drop the Carlson's. What, if any, benefit would you get from Fish oil you DONT get from Krill. I know of none.

Last edited:
This was posted by Dante in his thread a while ago.

He replicated the krill study and found identical results if I am not mistaking. He ran 2.5 grams.

Due to cost, he is switching to higher (6 gram) fish oil intake to compare.

I've been running 2 grams per day for a while now and my last lipid panel came back with HDL at 73. I have to say I'm also using Citrus Bergamot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He replicated the krill study and found identical results if I am not mistaking. He ran 2.5 grams.

I've been running 2 grams per day for a while now and my last lipid panel came back with HDL at 73. I have to say I'm also using Citrus Bergamot.

It seems fairly clear to me that getting your DHA/EPA in phospholipid form (Krill) versus triglyceride (Fish Oil) is the route to go.

triglycerideversusphospholipid.gif

Last edited:
so it looks like fish oil is completely useless than even at 3gms?? it seems to be ineffective, negligible resul

Last edited:
I saw that study when Dante posted it but Im hopping on the krill wagon now.. Was just waiting to run out of my current fish oil stash

Did Dante also tested fish oil and ruled it out as useless? just curious.. I don't buy the fish oil these days,but eat oily fish often, throw a teaspoon of cod liver oil here and there

I've also heard before fish oil is useless for hdl,ldl

Dante is using fish oil at 6 grams now and dropped krill to see what his lipid values do.

Yes, krill is superior to fish for lipids, but fish oil still has a place for other health concerns.

The dosage of 1g of krill oil, that's total grams and NOT just the EPA/DHA portion?

The dosage of 1g of krill oil, that's total grams and NOT just the EPA/DHA portion?
Grams yes. The epa/dha numbers in krill are very low and I don't think that's the beneficial part of Krill oil unless the epa/dpa from Krill is just so damn effective only a little is needed. I take a lot of Krill but still take fish oil.

Sent from my VS990 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Grams yes. The epa/dha numbers in krill are very low and I don't think that's the beneficial part of Krill oil unless the epa/dpa from Krill is just so damn effective only a little is needed. I take a lot of Krill but still take fish oil.

what I was thinking really was that I need to match the omega 3 content of fish oil with krill and it seemed I had to take way too much of this in order to be effective.

what is it in krill oil that makes it so effective and worthy addition though?? the omega 3(epa/dha) is very very low in it? astaxanthin? I doubt it

what I was thinking really was that I need to match the omega 3 content of fish oil with krill and it seemed I had to take way too much of this in order to be effective.

what is it in krill oil that makes it so effective and worthy addition though?? the omega 3(epa/dha) is very very low in it? astaxanthin? I doubt it
This is what you will find about it.

The general effects of krill oil are slightly different than regular fish oil, namely because krill oil’s omega-3s are bound to phospholipids, while fish oil’s omega-3s are bound to triglycerides.

One might justify the higher cost of krill on the basis of it containing phospholipids, which may enhance absorption, and the red-colored antioxidant astaxanthin. 

73 HDL is very high. Any idea of what our HDL was prior to starting the krill?

It seems fairly clear to me that getting your DHA/EPA in phospholipid form (Krill) versus triglyceride (Fish Oil) is the route to go.

triglycerideversusphospholipid.gif

or stack them together for synergistic effect I am thinking.. would adding the omega 3 from fish oil be enhanced absorption or something with the krill oil? i.e. what Dante is already doing

or stack them together for synergistic effect I am thinking.. would adding the omega 3 from fish oil be enhanced absorption or something with the krill oil? i.e. what Dante is already doing

No. The body absorbs phosolipids more efficiently than triglycerides, which is why Krill is superior to Fish oil in regards to lipid values.

After reading this thread the simple answer is: TAKE BOTH case dismissed.

Did Dante also tested fish oil and ruled it out as useless? just curious.. I don't buy the fish oil these days,but eat oily fish often, throw a teaspoon of cod liver oil here and there

I've also heard before fish oil is useless for hdl,ldl

No1 I was very impressed by the krill study....i replicated it but i had some fish oil in there also (i want to say 2 grams of it.)

Mostly out of curiousity i wanted to see what 8 grams of fish oil by itself does since im getting bloodwork again by my TRT doc in 2 months

Most likely ill be going back to the krill - but i wanted to see what fish oil does by itself ( i stopped using it many years ago after the prostate warnings which pretty much turned out to be overturned but i forgot to go back to it )

2 months and ill let everyone know

I switched to Krill oil several months back and have not looked back.

Most noticeable change to me was my joints. I was on the verge of knee surgery and have done a 180 from that position. Krills affects on inflammation and arthritis was immediately noticeable to me.

I have not had bloodwork since the switch. I use Viva Naturals brand purchased from Amazon.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131