over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin Question

Hulkbulk8

Banned
I have been Reading loads on this drug and how many health benefits it has but was not able to find if you ever had to come off of it or if the body gets used to it and the effects dull overtime?

From all the health benefits this drug offers I never want to come off of it, is there any reasons to take a week break? I take 1000-1500mgs a day usually every day.

Thanks

Interested to know as well.

Also interested in others opinions, however my logic tells me that one can stay on indefinitely. I mean diabetics dont cycle off their medications and metformin is first line medication for diabetes.

Btw I take 1500mgs a day. 750 morning and night. Regular Metformin HCL.

is it possible to get this without a dr prescription???i tried to get it with semi high glucose levels and my dr wouldnt presribe

It is not something you need to cycle off of. I found things like berberine lose strength over time but not metformin.

I've gone off once. Didn't notice all too much. I would stay on though.

I don't go off.

No there's no reason to ever come off. And no all day chemist is not local....but they're good. Use them all the time

There is no reason to come off of metformin unless your experiencing GI sides or a severe depletion in b12 levels. Clinically the endocrine society has no recommended limit on length of treatment, which in my opinion also indicates it's safe to use long term for the non diabetic.

The endocrine society guidelines can be found on JCEM or the like, and the biochemistry https://www.pharmgkb.org/pathway/PA165948566

Last edited:
They aren't a sponsor here so I'm sure it will be deleted. There are several sponsors who carry metformin.

We carry it and it's very cheap. I hope it is ok me posting that. I know many guys wonder where to get it so I figured I might as well mention it.

I don't see any reason why you would need to cycle off of metformin in terms of any negative long term effects. However, during periods of time when when you naturally would have higher insulin sensitivity, such as during contest prep when you carb intake is reduced and your insulin sensitivity increases, you likely will not see as much of a benifit from metformin and can use this as a time to take a break if you wanted.

I have been Reading loads on this drug and how many health benefits it has but was not able to find if you ever had to come off of it or if the body gets used to it and the effects dull overtime?

From all the health benefits this drug offers I never want to come off of it, is there any reasons to take a week break? I take 1000-1500mgs a day usually every day.

there's no reason to come off metformin unless you wish to increase appetite, gain weight, increase work load on pancreas, accelerate aging, lessen protection from cell growth in certain cancers, increase natural levels of B12 and CoQ10. it takes upwards of four days to clear your system:

"Metformin has an elimination half-life of approximately 17.6 hours.
It takes approximately 5.5 x elimination half life's for a medicine to be cleared from your system, therefore it'll be in your system for that long.
So metformin will be in your system for 96.8 hours i.e. 4 days (5.5 x 17.6 hours)"

Attachments

• metformin & insulin resistance.jpg
    metformin & insulin resistance.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 576
It can be used 0.5-1.5g/day.You'd better not exceed 2g/day.
You can search the quantity that help you keep stable blood sugar.:p

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828