over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Posterior Chain Activation

zee-man

Registered
I work in an office all day - which i think is a common (unfortunate) reality for many. As a result, it seems when I try to do any sort of lifting from the ground I feel it straight in my lower back.

I've assumed this means my glutes aren't properly firing and the entirety of my posterior chain isn't working in sync. I've read this is common for people who sit on their ass all day - sad but true. It's gotta be my glutes, tight hamstrings, tight hip flexors, something.

I miss deadlifts, and as much as I hate them, doing them, squats. I've read the hamstrings thread on this forum and added the abductors work with a band before my leg day to help. Also added hip thrusts at start of my workout. I know there are some impressive powerlifters here and also some experienced lifters period.

Stand at your desk, or put in for a standing desk. Some companies will do so since it'll save them in insurance down the road.

Sitting all day can cause lower cross syndrome. Flexed hams & lumbar paraspinals; lax quads, abs, glutes. It's not just the posterior chain you need to focus on, it's your entire core. Planks, side planks, bridges, proper abdominal activation, etc. Bands will help queue/activate the muscles prior to a lift, but I think doing all around core work will be best.

Stand at your desk, or put in for a standing desk. Some companies will do so since it'll save them in insurance down the road.

Sitting all day can cause lower cross syndrome. Flexed hams & lumbar paraspinals; lax quads, abs, glutes. It's not just the posterior chain you need to focus on, it's your entire core. Planks, side planks, bridges, proper abdominal activation, etc. Bands will help queue/activate the muscles prior to a lift, but I think doing all around core work will be best.

I would suggest investing in an inversion table and hanging from a chin up bar on a regular basis.

Is that really going to solve all of my issues in this instance? That being core work and an inversion table? Thought that table was for decompressing the spine.

I do foam roll, I'm looking for what stretches, mobility work guys do to avoid or correct these concerns. I know Brian Shaw says flexibility is a huge part of being able to squat and deadlift. I used to be flexible when I did martial arts but that was a bit ago.

Asked about standing desk at work, was told it has its own health concerns - being on your feet all day, and no one else has one. So basically, pound sand.

If you're seeking activation, why do are you asking for stretching and mobility routines?

The best way to activate is...to activate.

Clamshells, mini-band walks, bridges, etc. Learn what it feels like to contract hard, and move that feeling over into your loaded movements. Here's one example from Duffin. His paid site (Kabuki.MS) has a bunch of activations and strengthening exercises for pretty much every body part.

https://youtu.be/tjIAS-D7UcY?t=3m17s

Is that really going to solve all of my issues in this instance? That being core work and an inversion table? Thought that table was for decompressing the spine.

I do foam roll, I'm looking for what stretches, mobility work guys do to avoid or correct these concerns. I know Brian Shaw says flexibility is a huge part of being able to squat and deadlift. I used to be flexible when I did martial arts but that was a bit ago.

Asked about standing desk at work, was told it has its own health concerns - being on your feet all day, and no one else has one. So basically, pound sand.

Inversion table will help relax the muscles in your lower extremity and back. Also will cause imbibition in your vertebral discs.

That's bullshit about a standing desk. Standing > sitting. Standing promotes movement, and movement is key. They're being cheap.

As I said you need to strengthen your core,anterior, posterior, lateral and oblique chains. You can google specific exercises. Also need to stretch the muscles is said would be facilitated.

Yea, I expected as much from the company. They don't give a damn. A lot of businesses incorrectly look at the up front costs as opposed to total cost / savings over time.

I'll check Duffin out, thank you.

I'm interested in all aspects of injury prevention. I imagine activation is primary for the glutes, but stretches will correct tight hams and flexors, and mobility will help all joints, like the shoulder which is a common area to need surgery after lifting for years.

Kettlebell Swings.

For total posterior chain activation - these are awesome.

Matt Wenning has a video on these somewhere.

These work as a warm up, and as a finisher.

This is my wife's specialty, she's going to check this thread out when she has time.

If you truly have lower back issues, you can go to a doctor and with the proper diagnosis, under ADA the company would have to make reasonable accommodations which would be a standing desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you sit all day, think of your posture - bent at the hips, leaning forward, shoulders rounding forward... basically fetal position. When the muscles that perform these actions are kept in this position, they shorten. Particularly a problem are the hip flexors and IT Bands. Trying to straighten up, especially with a load, you're most likely feeling pain on the low back/belt line. Anterior pelvic tilt is the culprit. Loosen the front especially, strengthen glute medius in particular... Flossing for your thighs is going to nail all the leg issues at once. There are a lot of videos that demonstrate Flossing, I use voodoo floss. Foam rolling your IT bands, from knee to hip, pausing on the densely painful areas.
Exercises that help posterior chain are abduction- making sure toes stay pointed forward, and hyper extensions - keeping your butt squeezed together through a slow and controlled movement

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131