YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has anyone tried high fat, high protein low carbs while bulking?

anta

Registered
Im thinking about trying hgh and if it does the same thing peps do to my blood sugar, I have to cut my carbs by more than half and increase my insulin (I'm diabetic). So I was thinking maybe I could take in just enough carbs to have energy for workouts and make up the calories with fat and protein so I can still gain weight.

Last edited:
Lots of good trainers are doing this. I do high fats up till I train the put down 400 gram in 3 hrs. Look at fortitude training. Dr Scott Stevenson also John meadows. Big Dave smith here dose the same thing. When ur fats are 150-250 u have plenty of energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone I'm going to try it. Does it take your body awhile to adjust to using fat for energy instead of carbs. Normally I eat a lot of carbs, around 500 sometimes more.

Lots of good trainers are doing this. I do high fats up till I train the put down 400 gram in 3 hrs. Look at fortitude training. Dr Scott Stevenson also John meadows. Big Dave smith here dose the same thing. When ur fats are 150-250 u have plenty of energy.

How may grams of protein do you consume per day when your fats and carbs are that high? I've trying to figure out the perfect ratio, or at least get a good idea idea of what others do.

Also, do you mix carbs and fats in the same meal, or do you try separate them, as in meals of protein/fats and protein/carb.

I'm just now doing this... High protein... High fat.. Low carb.. My only carbs are after my workout ( aside from the greens I'm eating).. After I trained yesterday I had a banana , 1 cup of oatmeal and two scoops of whey.. The meals before or after had incidental carbs in my spinich leaf salads and my broccoli.. Training hasn't been bad.. But trying to keep carbs under 100 a day and on days I'm not lifting its lower .. We will see..

I'm doing this right now experimenting, very low carb. Eating grassfed bison, eggs, cottage cheese, protein powder with heavy cream, raw milk post workout. Im about roughly 50-60 grams of carbs a day. I carbload in one meal every 5-7days.

Im thinking about trying hgh and if it does the same thing peps do to my blood sugar, I have to cut my carbs by more than half and increase my insulin (I'm diabetic). So I was thinking maybe I could take in just enough carbs to have energy for workouts and make up the calories with fat and protein so I can still gain weight.

Yes, you can grow on this style of diet. Comes down to being in a caloric surplus or not. Lower carb will impact gym performance though. This is where nutrient timing plays a large role. Keep carbs to pre, intra (if you do intra shakes), post, and #2 post (I feel having carbs at this meal drastically helps with recovery). Keeping all other meals to protein and fats outside the training window.

Yes, you can grow on this style of diet. Comes down to being in a caloric surplus or not. Lower carb will impact gym performance though. This is where nutrient timing plays a large role. Keep carbs to pre, intra (if you do intra shakes), post, and #2 post (I feel having carbs at this meal drastically helps with recovery). Keeping all other meals to protein and fats outside the training window.

This...

Diabetics SHOULD NEVER use GH. Period!!!!!!!!

Your BS will stay elevated even without carbs so you will have to
dose lots of slin = high BF levels.

Been diabetic for 50+ years.
Even peps should be completely avoided.

-MT

I too switched to this type of nutrient timing a few months ago. Read up on it in the Fortitude Training book and it makes really good sense.

First 2 meals of the day are high in fats with the second having more short/medium chain fats to fuel the workout. Next 2 are high/moderate carbs and last two are higher protein, medium fat, low carb.

I've noticed I'm able to increase total carb amounts for the entire day into just those two meals without adding any bodyfat.... Yet that is.

How may grams of protein do you consume per day when your fats and carbs are that high? I've trying to figure out the perfect ratio, or at least get a good idea idea of what others do.

Also, do you mix carbs and fats in the same meal, or do you try separate them, as in meals of protein/fats and protein/carb.

Dr Scott recommends 1.5 per pound I tend to go a bit higher I'm 215 pounds I bring in about 4 to 450 g protein. non-training days my carb drop to about 100 g. Fats fluctuate. O don't mix fats and carb to much. I would highly recommend buying Dr. Scott's e book. It's only $20 there really isn't a lot of diet but the whole program kicks ass

1.5g protein per pound of bidy weight , 3/4g fat per pound body weight.

200lb man needs 300g protein , 150 fat per day. for say 6 meals (there will be an additional 50g protein via shake pist training)

300÷6=50g protein , 150÷6=25g fat per meal.

Personally i try to get 33% of my fat from foods like whole eggs and clan red meat , then 33% from Olive oil and 33% from coconut oil. The coconut oil is a key in energy
I'll use the oils with some red wine vinegar and honey mustard to make a dressing for my veggies in the meals I have lean meat like fish or chicken breast. Meals with fatty meats i eat cooked veggies like asparagus or Brussel sprouts that doesn't need dressing to taste better , every meal has at least 2 cups veggies.

Add in 50g simple carbs for an intra workout shake with
20g EAA , 10g Glutamate , 10g Creatinine , 5g Leucine , 5g Citrulline Malate.
Post workout shake is 50g Whey isolate , 50g fast carbs.

Thats where I'd start if i were 200 pounds and trying to grow , if that didn't work id add 10g protein per meal and 50g carbs to the meal after the post workout shake then add in 10iu humulin-R , PRE workout.

Last edited:
WAIT , scratch ALL THE CARBS didn't realize you're diabetic.

WAIT , scratch ALL THE CARBS didn't realize you're diabetic.

No biggie.. it's well controlled my sugar rarely goes above 120 on 500+ carbs a day. I was mainly interested in this type of diet to help keep blood sugar low if I start taking hgh. Its doable on peps I'm sure hgh would be similar, now another thing that has me rethinking that is possible fat gain from the increased insulin resistance. Either way I'm going to try this out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity