over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anybody Here Ever Been on Dialysis?

muscle96ss

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
To make a long story short, I have had a nice run of bad luck over the past year and my immune system has destroyed my kidneys. My current GFR is 8 and I meet with my nephrologist on thursday where I am 100% positive we will be starting dialysis. I am currently going through the work-up at Mayo to get on the transplant list but have been told that I am looking at 5-6 years wait for a kidney.

So I am curious from those that have been on dialysis or are currently on; what your lifestyle is like now? What should I expect in terms of energy level and restrictions etc..? What type of dialysis did you choose PD or HD? Any tips in general to make things go smoother?

My main concern is that I am so exhausted right now that I feel no enjoyment for life. For example, right now I could have the day off to sit back and relax and do whatever I want or do nothing if I wanted, but I am not even comfortable enough to find enjoyment in that(some of it may be mental too but I really don't think I feel depressed). Being on dialysis, do you have enough energy where you can actually find enjoyment out of life?

First, my condolences brother. You are a good man, and if there is anything I can do to help, please feel free to hit me up as needed.

Can you give a little more info on your autoimmune response that damaged your kidneys? What exactly happened? If this is more of a private issue, then you can PM me instead.

Dialysis, depending on the type and how often, can definitely drain your energy, but in most cases one does feel better (It's hard to explain this). It's hard to gauge how you will feel compared to your current state. Try to stay positive brother. Here is a somewhat brief idea of how you will feel:

https://www.davita.com/kidney-disease/dialysis/life-on-dialysis/how-will-i-feel-on-dialysis/e/5285

To make a long story short, I have had a nice run of bad luck over the past year and my immune system has destroyed my kidneys. My current GFR is 8 and I meet with my nephrologist on thursday where I am 100% positive we will be starting dialysis. I am currently going through the work-up at Mayo to get on the transplant list but have been told that I am looking at 5-6 years wait for a kidney.

So I am curious from those that have been on dialysis or are currently on; what your lifestyle is like now? What should I expect in terms of energy level and restrictions etc..? What type of dialysis did you choose PD or HD? Any tips in general to make things go smoother?

My main concern is that I am so exhausted right now that I feel no enjoyment for life. For example, right now I could have the day off to sit back and relax and do whatever I want or do nothing if I wanted, but I am not even comfortable enough to find enjoyment in that(some of it may be mental too but I really don't think I feel depressed). Being on dialysis, do you have enough energy where you can actually find enjoyment out of life?

I have a friend on dialysis, as soon as he started he felt great and amazing, you will feel way better with clean blood without all the waste products.

The other thing he noticed is that it makes you hungry as hell, its almost like anything you eat around dyalisis time will be filtered out and not absorbed.

I think you will feel much healthier and better once you start because you blood will be clean and balanced, the toxins are making you depressed.

Diet wise I think he just has to keep his potassium intake low and docs even recommend he drink whey etc

First, my condolences brother. You are a good man, and if there is anything I can do to help, please feel free to hit me up as needed.

Can you give a little more info on your autoimmune response that damaged your kidneys? What exactly happened? If this is more of a private issue, then you can PM me instead.

Dialysis, depending on the type and how often, can definitely drain your energy, but in most cases one does feel better (It's hard to explain this). It's hard to gauge how you will feel compared to your current state. Try to stay positive brother. Here is a somewhat brief idea of how you will feel:

https://www.davita.com/kidney-disease/dialysis/life-on-dialysis/how-will-i-feel-on-dialysis/e/5285

I wish I could give you more info on the immune response but the doctors really have no clue what happened. The biopsy showed traces of the immune system having been in there and based on the size of the kidney and the lab values etc...; they basically said that whatever happened was recent and quick. They said they could rule out things like hypertension, too much protein in diet, dehydration, and the drugs that I use/used(I was honest about my drug usage). So bottom line is they are really not sure why the immune system did what it did. My sister in-law works for the FDA and has connections with some top notch kidney researchers at John Hopkins and they looked at all my medical records and came up with the same conclusions as my nephrologist.

Hey brother,
My dad just started dialysis about 5 months back. He's just switched to periodontal dialysis, instead of hemo and so far so good. He was 40-50lbs overweight, and it's mostly gone now.
He feels better than he was, and his speech is clear again.. where before he'd talk slowly, I suspect because of the toxins in his system that weren't being filtered properly.

Did you have any warning signs? Itchy skin, kidney or back pain, upset stomach or other?

My gfr is 24 but my doc says because of my muscle mass it more like 40-50 because they use this other measuring scale for people with extreme muscle mass. I sure hope he's right because if it's actually 24 I'm in stage 3 or 4 myself.

Would you mind listing the various brands/generics of gh you've used? If not here can you pm me.
There's a fukload of pharma copies on the market right now. Geno's, omnitrope, nordi's, humatrope.. I used the 72iu Huma pen from turkey and it severely messed me up..
It would be really helpful to everyone to know when we suffer health complications especially severe ones which brands of gh, gear being used.

You should watch all videos on YouTube by master herbalist Patrick delves.. I think he might be able to help you.
Keep your head up bud, I'll find the research I've done for you and get back to you.

Hey brother,
My dad just started dialysis about 5 months back. He's just switched to periodontal dialysis, instead of hemo and so far so good. He was 40-50lbs overweight, and it's mostly gone now.
He feels better than he was, and his speech is clear again.. where before he'd talk slowly, I suspect because of the toxins in his system that weren't being filtered properly.

Did you have any warning signs? Itchy skin, kidney or back pain, upset stomach or other?

My gfr is 24 but my doc says because of my muscle mass it more like 40-50 because they use this other measuring scale for people with extreme muscle mass. I sure hope he's right because if it's actually 24 I'm in stage 3 or 4 myself.

Would you mind listing the various brands/generics of gh you've used? If not here can you pm me.
There's a fukload of pharma copies on the market right now. Geno's, omnitrope, nordi's, humatrope.. I used the 72iu Huma pen from turkey and it severely messed me up..
It would be really helpful to everyone to know when we suffer health complications especially severe ones which brands of gh, gear being used.

You should watch all videos on YouTube by master herbalist Patrick delves.. I think he might be able to help you.
Keep your head up bud, I'll find the research I've done for you and get back to you.

Could that be because of using 192 aa GH instead of the more natural 191? I remember hearing online that it was tought the 192aa could cause an autoimmune response in some people.

We're your kidneys enlarged, or small on you ultrasound?
Can you tell us all your blood test #'s. And other diagnostic values?

Could that be because of using 192 aa GH instead of the more natural 191? I remember hearing online that it was tought the 192aa could cause an autoimmune response in some people.

If you're asking about my experience with humatrope, it was definitely not 192 or 191. Whatever was in it caused an insane reaction, if you happen to know what painkiller withdrawal is like that's what it felt like.. and lasted 3 days..
Stay away from Turkish humatrope pens. These looked perfect in every aspect, and shows how good counterfeiters are getting.
I noticed a supplier on here selling 36iu Geno's for $150 ... There's no way these are real. Just consider they're making a profit at $150, so they're likely paying $75-100 for them.

192 can cause the body to make antibodies to the gh and render the gh useless, but that is about it.

If you're asking about my experience with humatrope, it was definitely not 192 or 191. Whatever was in it caused an insane reaction, if you happen to know what painkiller withdrawal is like that's what it felt like.. and lasted 3 days..
Stay away from Turkish humatrope pens. These looked perfect in every aspect, and shows how good counterfeiters are getting.
I noticed a supplier on here selling 36iu Geno's for $150 ... There's no way these are real. Just consider they're making a profit at $150, so they're likely paying $75-100 for them.

Do you have any of it left? I'm sure there is a way for someone to test to see what is in there

Hey brother,

I first realized my symptoms in October. My feet and ankles swelled up huge and I felt like shit. I also noticed that my urine was like beer with tons of foam and I was peeing with urgency every hour or so. Other than that, there really were no other symptoms and no pain. I had blood work done and my GFR was at 15, ceatinine around 3.5 and BUN around 70. They then did an ultrasound that showed nothing abnormal and a large kidney. So they did a biopsy(actually 2 biopsy's because they fucked up the first one and didn't get a large enough sample size of glomeruli).

I peaced things together and realized the swelling had probably been off and on for couple months at that time.

I decreased my protein intake and came off GH and the swelling went away and I felt great actually. In fact, I still have almost no edema. I had been feeling fine and my bloodwork had been unchnaged through february. Then I got that stupid cough/respiratory virus in march and have felt like shit since and now my GFR is 8, creatinine 6.6, BUN 90. So, I am guessing that the virus had something to do with the recent drop as there is nothing else that would have cause me from being stable to plummeting.

In terms of generic GH, the only GH I have used the past couple of years is the grey tops(which actually is pharma GH) and 2 kits of blacks. I have done serums a couple of HGHman's GH and I think that is it over that time period. My normal dosage was 4iu before bed.

Muscle I'm truly sorry to hear this! I hope the future brings you everything you need to have a great quality of life!! Did you use anything like MK-677, LGD-4033, etc?

Muscle I'm truly sorry to hear this! I hope the future brings you everything you need to have a great quality of life!! Did you use anything like MK-677, LGD-4033, etc?

I used MK-677 maybe a couple of years ago when it first came out; I think it was Progen Peptides whom I used. I only used it for a short time because the lethargy and extreme hunger just weren't worth it for me. I had a bunch left over, so I tried it again not that long ago at a lower dosage and quit after a couple of days when I realized that its just not for me.

I have used Gropep IGF-1 LR3 many years ago for both my tricep surgeries and I have used CJC 1295 w/DAC extensively over the years. I have also messed around lightly with TB 500 and BPC 157.

[lang=de]what has MK677 to do with this kind of kidney failure?
i really have no clue, thats why i ask.
Ive been on MK677 since 8 months 20mg a day, thats why i ask[/lang]

One other thing to add about the cause of my disease. My own hypothesis of what happened is that it is related to the BP med Benicar.

I began taking Benicar at 20mg and then 40mg a year or two ago. I have had IBS off and on for years, so I didn't realize that the Benicar was the cause; but from the time I started the Benicar I never had a solid poop. In addition, I was always so fricking thirsty where I would just chug water.

Last summer it got to the point where when I would drink water I would have to poop and would poop out the water I just drank it seemed like. I was pooping/diarrhea anywhere from 4 to 10 times a day. When I was back east on vacation with family, I finally decided that I was going to see a gastroenterologist when I got back. Ironically, when I got back I switched from Benicar to Telmisartan and have had nothing but solid poops since and back to a normal non-IBS schedule. So there was no need to follow through with the gastro.

I did some research and it turns out that Benicar can cause a spruce-like enteropathy that mimics Celiac disease. So I am wondering if that had something to do with this whole mess. My guess is that if I was discharging all the water I was drinking that quickly, then my kidneys were probably severely dehydrated chronically as well; which is why I was so insatiably thirsty as the body was trying to tell me it needed water.

I brought this up to my nephrologist and he quickly dismissed it and said that he has never seen kidney problems from Benicar. However, most people that get the spruce-like enteropathy end up in the hospital and aren't stupid enough to take the drug long-term as I was.

I took Benicar at that dosage for about 4 years and never had an issue. That doesn't mean though that it couldn't cause you trouble. Just thought I might add in my experience with the drug. It worked great for me with no ill side effects.

Damn, sorry to hear this, my dear friend.

However, I wouldn't suspect the Benicar.

From what you've written, the kidneys were probably already taxed and the upper respiratory tract infection triggered what is called Berger's disease. However, that is only guessing as long as the biopsy results are not available.

shit thats aweful! muscle very sorry to hear that mate. sending you my best wishes and prayers.

u ask if anyone here have had dialysis.

well i csnt bloody recall his handle properly but there was a bro herr well.versed in gh use who had this and he knew a lot about it. he could advise u from exp.

hmmm his handle was jm450 something like that.

he had a pic of him with front double bi shot with a tap attached on his chest

another avatar pic was him sitting on sofa fully clothed eith his face greyed out. i think he had a kid sitting on his lap in this pic.

he use to post regularly. not seen him posting lately.

jm something .. a number..235 or 450 ..

i am thinking out loud.

he would be great ideal help on advice how to continue bb lifestyle while on dialysis.

can someone recall his name and post here so muscle can contact him ?

Also i am going to contact a British IFBB pro for you who has gone through dialysis. His mother gave him one of her kidneys.so he is ok now. hang in there muscle. I will report back.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

shit thats aweful! muscle very sorry to hear that mate. sending you my best wishes and prayers.

u ask if anyone here have had dialysis.

well i csnt bloody recall his handle properly but there was a bro herr well.versed in gh use who had this and he knew a lot about it. he could advise u from exp.

hmmm his handle was jm450 something like that.

he had a pic of him with front double bi shot with a tap attached on his chest

another avatar pic was him sitting on sofa fully clothed eith his face greyed out. i think he had a kid sitting on his lap in this pic.

he use to post regularly. not seen him posting lately.

jm something .. a number..235 or 450 ..

i am thinking out loud.

he would be great ideal help on advice how to continue bb lifestyle while on dialysis.

can someone recall his name and post here so muscle can contact him ?

Also i am going to contact a British IFBB pro for you who has gone through dialysis. His mother gave him one of her kidneys.so he is ok now. hang in there muscle. I will report back.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

JM425 is the guy your thinking of. He hasn't posted in a while, but it says he was on here a couple days ago.

Professional Muscle - View Profile: jm425

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member