over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How does my blood work look? True TRT/AI Dose and Heart Health Concerns

superbigd

Registered
Background:
I have been on TRT for the better part of 3 years now with no more than 200mg/week (as prescribed by my doctor) along with 12.5mg EOD of Aromasin. Well i got my bloodwork back last week and my Triglycerides were high as well as my HDL being low. I have not cycled in the past 3 years and up until recently never did cardio, only weights. As of the past month i have been swimming 4-6x a week at a moderate pace, averaging 300 laps/week. Here is the results of my last blood test:
My Stats:
240 Lbs
5"11

Blood test as of 05/09/2017:
Estimated GFR: >60ml/min ----- No range given
Non HDL Cholesterol: 138mg/dl ----- Desirable < 130
Glucose: 97mg/dl ----- Range 70mg/dl - 100mg/dl
Triglycerides: 186mg/dl ----- Range 150-199 = high. My last test was 95mg/dl on 08/08/2016
Testosterone: 676ng/dl ----- Range 175 ng/dl - 781ng/dl. This test was taken on the day of my shot being due(take my shot every Tuesday, this was Tuesday morning before my weekly shot). Meaning this is the lowest my testosterone would be for the week.
CRP High Sensitivity: 1.70mg/l ----- Range < 2.0mg/dl
Albumin: 4.6 g/dl ----- Range 3.5 g/dl - 5.0g/dl
TCO2: 26 mmol/L----- Reference Range 22 mmol/L - 29 mmol/L
S-TSH: 1.57 mIU/L ----- Reference Range:0.30 mIU/L - 4.20 mIU/L
RDW CV: - 12.9 % ----- Reference Range:11.8 % - 15.6 %
RBC: 5.23 x10(12)/L RBC----- Reference Range:4.21 x10(12)/L - 5.61 x10(12)/L
Mg: 2.1 mg/dL Mg----- Reference Range:1.7 mg/dL - 2.3 mg/dL
MCV: 90.8 fL MCV----- Reference Range:80.8 fL - 96.6 fL
LDL Calc: 101 mg/dL
HDL: 30 mg/dL (Low) ----- Reference Range:>= 40 mg/dL
Hct: 47.5 %----- Reference Range:38.8 % - 50.0 %
Estradiol:< 10 pg/mL (Low) ----- Reference Range:10 pg/mL - 40 pg/mL
DHEA-S: 219 mcg/dL ----- Reference Range:65 mcg/dL - 334 mcg/dL
Chol: 168 mg/dL Chol ----- Desirable < 200
Ca: 9.4 mg/dL -----Reference Range:8.9 mg/dL - 10.1 mg/dL
Abs Neut: 2.87 x10(9)/L -----Reference Range:1.40 x10(9)/L - 6.60 x10(9)/L
Abs Mono: 0.43 x10(9)/L -----Reference Range:0.20 x10(9)/L - 0.80 x10(9)/L
Abs Lymph: 1.92 x10(9)/L -----Reference Range:1.00 x10(9)/L - 3.40 x10(9)/L
Abs Eos: 0.09 x10(9)/L -----Reference Range:0.00 x10(9)/L - 0.40 x10(9)/L
Abs Baso: 0.02 x10(9)/L Abs Baso -----Reference Range:0.00 x10(9)/L - 0.20 x10(9)/L
WBC: 5.4 x10(9)/L -----Reference Range:4.2 x10(9)/L - 10.2 x10(9)/L
Platelet: 154 x10(9)/L -----Reference Range:151 x10(9)/L - 355 x10(9)/L
Na: 140 mmol/L -----Reference Range:135 mmol/L - 145 mmol/L
K: 4.4 mmol/L -----Reference Range:3.6 mmol/L - 5.2 mmol/L
Hgb: 16.1 g/dL -----Reference Range:13.5 g/dL - 17.5 g/dL
Creat: 1.3 mg/dL -----Reference Range:0.8 mg/dL - 1.3 mg/dL
Cl: 101 mmol/L -----Reference Range:98 mmol/L - 107 mmol/L
BUN: 14.7 mg/dL -----Reference Range:8.0 mg/dL - 24.0 mg/dL
Bili Total: 0.4 mg/dL -----Reference Range:<= 1.2 mg/dL
AST: 45 U/L -----Reference Range:8 U/L - 48 U/L
Alk Phos: 58 U/L -----Reference Range:45 U/L - 115 U/L
ALT: 43 U/L -----Reference Range:7 U/L - 55 U/L
T4 Free: 1.1 ng/dL -----Reference Range:0.9 ng/dL - 1.7 ng/dL
T3 Free Serum: 4.3 pg/mL -----Reference Range:2.8 pg/mL - 4.4 pg/mL

I would appreciate any and all feedback, the older i get the more health concious i have become. I am willing to take all suggestions. As of last week i went out and bought baby aspirin, Krill Oil and CoQ10. Thank you guys all for your help and time. I am now at a point where i am debating stopping TRT simply because i feel that TRT combined with AI's could be negatively impacting my cardiovascular system. Also my sex drive as of the past year has really sucked. Am i over thinking my health and recent blood work or is there some justification to my concern? God Bless you guys!

Attachments

• mike.jpg
    mike.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
I actually learned this on here. A supplement called "Citrus Bergamot" I bought him it. The company I know that makes it is Jarrow. I'm sure other companies make it too. Has a lot great studies out there helping cholesterol levels. Whats your stats and diet like? I'm sure there's members on here that can help you with that no problem
Your estrogen is on the low side might have to adjust that...also I think its possible anti estrogen effects lipids but you would have to double check that with someone on here about that and your trt doctor

Last edited:
So sorry for the large image everyone, i just finished editing it and it said the allotted 15 minute window for editing has expired! If Mods can delete that picture i can upload a smaller one!
My Stats:
240lbs
5"11

So sorry for the large image everyone, i just finished editing it and it said the allotted 15 minute window for editing has expired! If Mods can delete that picture i can upload a smaller one!
My Stats:
240lbs
5"11

List your diet for these guys to help you too. Diet alone can possible really fix your triglycerides. Also you said your sex drive been lacking. Your close to tanking your estrogen at only 10. You need some estrogen for well being and sex drive. Here is a important read of a article of estrogen that I strongly suggest you read https://www.t-nation.com/living/keep-estrogen-under-control

Last edited:
Back off the AI, it's bringing your estrogen too low and could be part of why your HDL is low.

Keep up the cardio and as mentioned above post your diet.

Losing weight and fat would help, though you're certainly not fat.

Back off the AI, it's bringing your estrogen too low and could be part of why your HDL is low.

Keep up the cardio and as mentioned above post your diet.

Losing weight and fat would help, though you're certainly not fat.

:yeahthat: def get that estradiol up a little bit to help with HDL.

Also your low estradiol is certainly the likely culprit of the low libido. The testosterone level is great for that dose at 7 days after. My trt dr. Likes my e higher than I prefer for various reasons (she likes it around 40, even low 40s). One reason is libido and I can attest for it. I take no AI with Watson prescribed cyp 200mg per week, split in 2 pins of 100 each sun p.m. and thurs a.m.
Maybe try half your current exem dose? The right amount of e is our friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Definitely lower your AI dose and I would suggest losing a bit more body fat. Cholesterol numbers aren't "scary" at the moment, so you have plenty of time to correct this. I also think the cardio you have recently started incorporating should help some, so keep up on that.

E2 is most likely culprit of all of this... crushing your e2 will def screw with lipids as well as libido. Also will make you groggy as hell. Back off the AI

Without knowing your history, family history, diet etc my guess based on your blood work would be your described dose of aromasin. Talk to your dr about lowering it, unless your self medicating in which case lower it and re draw bloods 4-6 weeks later

Lose 20+ lbs and your bloods will improve.

Your values aren't bad and losing weight/improving diet is the best way to go in your case.

Reduce aromasin to just 2-3 times per week

Yeah I need to work on my diet. I usually don't eat til noon and then from there I'll usually have two meals a day (leftovers from previous night then dinner, which is usually home hooked) with anyhere from 1/2 gallon to a full gallon of water per day. Some days I'll wake up and have a protein shake and then have my first meal at noon. I don't ever drink (literally I have IBS and it destroys my stomach) my only crutch are these big bags of gummy worms I snack before and after my workouts -a small amount every day. The reason I take so much aromasin is that I have gyno and my nipples start hurting/becoming sensitive if I don't. What would you all recommend my reducing my dose to? I could try a Monday-Wed-Fri approach of 12.5mg. Would that be an improvement or still not enough?

Last edited:
Yeah I need to work on my diet. I usually don't eat til noon and then from there I'll usually have two meals a day (leftovers from previous night then dinner, which is usually home hooked) with anyhere from 1/2 gallon to a full gallon of water per day. Some days I'll wake up and have a protein shake and then have my first meal at noon. I don't ever drink (literally I have IBS and it destroys my stomach) my only crutch are these big bags of gummy worms I snack before and after my workouts -a small amount every day. The reason I take so much aromasin is that I have gyno and my nipples start hurting/becoming sensitive if I don't. What would you all recommend my reducing my dose to? I could try a Monday-Wed-Fri approach of 12.5mg. Would that be an improvement or still not enough?

You cant be only worried about gyno in return pretty much crashing your estrogen. That will cause more problems like what your going through now...does your doctor know your doing this with your estrogen by lowering it to much? Does he or she really think 10 estrogen is good? If so find a new doctor asap

First off....nolva for the gyno and lower you ai. Second...that diet sucks. Two meals a day? Super shitty.

First off....nolva for the gyno and lower you ai. Second...that diet sucks. Two meals a day? Super shitty.

Can you use nolvadex Long term? I thought that you couldn't use nolvadex long term because if lipid profile consequences (hence the reason I switched to aromasin over arimidex). Two meals a day sometimes three - I don't see what's wrong with that. There's a lot of guys here that fast for 16 hours a day. Some days I'll do a protein shake in the morning without carbs, just fat from milk in the coffee. Every night before bed I drink a tablespoon of Metamucil.

Fit2grow - I agree and the doctor does think that this low of estrogen is not good, like I said gyno just starts to become sensitive but I will reduce my AI immediately. Any suggestion on frequency or dose or if I should switch to nolvadex? I went to two plastic surgeons who informed me insurance would not cover my gyno surgery unless I had cancer. One of the doctors sent me a referral to a endo to learn if he did the surgery what would the chance of gyno reoccurrence be? When I looked into going to the endo they wanted me to cease my testosterone therapy so that they could properly diagnose the issue - which I felt was not right. What is your opinion on this brother?

You don't eat until noon??

and 2 meals a day?

and gummy worms?

wtf

You don't eat until noon??
and 2 meals a day?
and gummy worms?
wtf
Since when is two meals a day bad. Hasn't recent research shown that less meals are better than more meals? And by gummy worms let me define that for you. 6/day and was meant more of a joke but to clarify that for you that's around 19grams of sugar. For someone who doesn't drink Soda or Diet Soda I don't see why this is a material issue. In fact I think anyone drinking diet soda with any artificial ingredient other than stevia should be concerned but that's for another thread. The Metamucil I drink at night is sugar free plain, if I were to replace it with orange Metamucil that would easily exceed the amount of sugar I consume in those gummy worms brotha.

Last edited:
Can you use nolvadex Long term? I thought that you couldn't use nolvadex long term because if lipid profile consequences (hence the reason I switched to aromasin over arimidex). Two meals a day sometimes three - I don't see what's wrong with that. There's a lot of guys here that fast for 16 hours a day. Some days I'll do a protein shake in the morning without carbs, just fat from milk in the coffee. Every night before bed I drink a tablespoon of Metamucil.

Fit2grow - I agree and the doctor does think that this low of estrogen is not good, like I said gyno just starts to become sensitive but I will reduce my AI immediately. Any suggestion on frequency or dose or if I should switch to nolvadex? I went to two plastic surgeons who informed me insurance would not cover my gyno surgery unless I had cancer. One of the doctors sent me a referral to a endo to learn if he did the surgery what would the chance of gyno reoccurrence be? When I looked into going to the endo they wanted me to cease my testosterone therapy so that they could properly diagnose the issue - which I felt was not right. What is your opinion on this brother?

Yes you can run nolva long term.. and it's much less harsh on your lipids than any AI. I am very sensitive to gyno myself.. nolva is great. Protects you from the highs and lows that AI gives some people regarding the gyno.

Since when is two meals a day bad. Hasn't recent research shown that less meals are better than more meals? And by gummy worms let me define that for you. 6/day and was meant more of a joke but to clarify that for you that's around 19grams of sugar. For someone who doesn't drink Soda or Diet Soda I don't see why this is a material issue. In fact I think anyone drinking diet soda with any artificial ingredient other than stevia should be concerned but that's for another thread. The Metamucil I drink at night is sugar free plain, if I were to replace it with orange Metamucil that would easily exceed the amount of sugar I consume in those gummy worms brotha.

I eat when I'm hungry, which is usually about 4-5 times a day.

With two meals, the amount of amino acids in your system would not be adequate especially if you're training etc.. Just not ideal IMO for muscle growth.

As for the gummy worms I'm fucking with you lol.

Fix one problem at a a time forget the gyno situation right now. Your gyno is not even that bad to be honest. You get on a good diet it will help that too, Did you read this link on estrogen?https://www.t-nation.com/living/keep-estrogen-under-control this explains estrogen in a very detailed way wheere after you read this you can sit down wiith your doctor and be informed with questions you can ask your doctor. So you have two things that can fix you up real nice not just appearance but mentally. When your estrogen is this low it causes problems to. So I'm pushing you to read that article for a reason. As far as lowering your anti estrogen. Do it very slow and get blood work while your lowering thr anti estrogen. Never do anything to fast. There are great coachs on here that can certainly help you. Tenny and mini truck can certainly help you and don't bullshit you. Ive seen guys transform on here with there help or if you don't want to work with them start reading logs on this forum. There's also plenty of advice and very nice people on here that give good advice some already on gave good ones above. Keep us updated your going to feel and look better soon enough but health first fix the estrogen and keep doing blood work.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws