over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sleep Apnea Mouth Piece ?

Warrior08

Registered
Heard Joe rogan talking about a sleep apnea mouth piece that help position his jaw and move his tongue out of the way. He said it did wonders for his sleep and overall well being.

Anyone use these with any success???

And if so what brand do you suggest????

I was diagnosed with moderate apnea and have been on a CPAP for two weeks, I can't believe the difference it has made. I didn't realize how tired I was until I started sleeping great.

My MD told me the mouth piece is successful around 20% of the time vs CPAP with is around 98%.

Obviously I'd prefer the mouthpiece but the CPAP isn't bad once you get used to it.

I sleep with the mouthpiece.

I went to some fancy sleep doc who did a sleep test on me, said I had mild to moderate sleep apnea. HIS EXPLANATION was that tooo many doctors just throw guys on CPAP's without looking at the other options. He suggested I get this molded mouth guard that holds your lower jaw forward, in turn, opening your airway more. If I hated that, I could always get a CPAP and end up having BOTH....if you get the CPAP FIRST, then want the mouth guard, insurance will take that CPAP away from ya. They only want to pay for 1 treatment.

But the mouthguard works really well, especially for me. If I go CPAP i need the full face mask because of my deviated septum (my girl is pushing me to get a CPAP).

Either way, try the mouth guard first THEN go CPAP.

I sleep with the mouthpiece.

I went to some fancy sleep doc who did a sleep test on me, said I had mild to moderate sleep apnea. HIS EXPLANATION was that tooo many doctors just throw guys on CPAP's without looking at the other options. He suggested I get this molded mouth guard that holds your lower jaw forward, in turn, opening your airway more. If I hated that, I could always get a CPAP and end up having BOTH....if you get the CPAP FIRST, then want the mouth guard, insurance will take that CPAP away from ya. They only want to pay for 1 treatment.

But the mouthguard works really well, especially for me. If I go CPAP i need the full face mask because of my deviated septum (my girl is pushing me to get a CPAP).

Either way, try the mouth guard first THEN go CPAP.

Yea man im gonna try the mouth piece first for sure and see how it works. was your mouth guard a script????

Yea man im gonna try the mouth piece first for sure and see how it works. was your mouth guard a script????

It wasn't like a script. They actually molded me in the office, waited 2 weeks for it to come in and then went back to show how to adjust it. I forgot to mentioned that as well. You can shift your lower jaw more and more forward (imagine a huge underbite).

I have to adjust mine more forward when im running more stuff obviously.

get the cpap

in exchange for anal

Ugh, I've used the "anal card" like 40 times now LS.
It's basically like, "Hey, pass me the salt." I use the anal card.

Anyone used the mouthpieces that suction to your tongue and essentially pull it out a little? Doesn't sound comfortable but it was much easier for me to sleep with than a mouthgard...

I use one called PureSleep which does the hold the jaw forward thing. It actually works pretty well as long as I don't roll onto my back because then my mouth falls open which defeats the purpose. May have to put something on that holds my mouth shut. Other than that, my wife says my loud snoring doesn't keep her up anymore.

Cpap mask is like having an octopus on your head...the mouthpiece is great once u get the correct adjusted position needed

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear