over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

USA TODAY - "Coconut oil isn't healthy. It's never been healthy."

always same story for foods, one study says it s healthy, other not etc....

Interesting.................................

Love how these types of articles contradict the fuck out of themselves.

It's not healthy. It's bad, but it's not that bad. Don't use it, but if you do, you'll probably be ok.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/06/16/coconut-oil-isnt-healthy-its-never-been-healthy/402719001/
Yeah I've been reading a lot of BS regarding how "unhealthy" coconut oil is lately... anything, and I mean anything in excess can be deemed as unhealthy. They claim coconut oil increases LDL, but studies also show it increases HDL as well. Then there's the people who complain about it being saturated fat and blah, blah, yada, yada.

At the end of the day, the entire diet--not just one meal or food group--as well as the lifestyle as a whole, will dictate one's health.

How about this quote from the article:

Frank Sacks, lead author on the report, said he has no idea why people think coconut oil is healthy. It's almost 100% fat. Past weight loss studies might be responsible.

:D lol...as opposed to most other "healthier" oils, which are only 50% fat I'm sure ;)

What a crock of shite! 💩
Coconut oil/mct oil has tons of benefits proven in studies.
If you want unhealthy look at the diets of 99% of the fat f@cks in the USA.

Last edited:
Bottom line is all ignorance. Coconut oil has always been healthy, it will always be healthy.
HOWEVER, all the use we see these days about coconut oil, is all marketing and all monkey see monkey do shit from 99% of the American population that are walking biohazard entities on pills and toxic radioactive diets.

10 years ago if you mentioned using coconut oil you would have been seen as a crazy whacko.

Coconut oil, as ANY oil, MUST be used from a natural source, fresh. ALL OILS OXIDIZE. If you buy ANY kind of oil in a jar or bottle, IT WILL oxidize every single day while sitting on the shelf. The chemical reaction between oxygen and oil produce free radicals that you ingest and contribute to chronic inflammation. Therefore if you use ANY kind of oil, make sure is as fresh and natural as possible. Ideally, and this is something not hard to do for us here in Florida, get natural coconuts and extract the oil yourself. Drink the juice, press the meat.

Bottom line is all ignorance. Coconut oil has always been healthy, it will always be healthy.
HOWEVER, all the use we see these days about coconut oil, is all marketing and all monkey see monkey do shit from 99% of the American population that are walking biohazard entities on pills and toxic radioactive diets.

10 years ago if you mentioned using coconut oil you would have been seen as a crazy whacko.

Coconut oil, as ANY oil, MUST be used from a natural source, fresh. ALL OILS OXIDIZE. If you buy ANY kind of oil in a jar or bottle, IT WILL oxidize every single day while sitting on the shelf. The chemical reaction between oxygen and oil produce free radicals that you ingest and contribute to chronic inflammation. Therefore if you use ANY kind of oil, make sure is as fresh and natural as possible. Ideally, and this is something not hard to do for us here in Florida, get natural coconuts and extract the oil yourself. Drink the juice, press the meat.

Agreed. There's been a big argument lately if mct oil is better then coconut oil. Both have amazing properties

You stated this in another thread :confused:

Stay away from oils. Of all kinds. Even coconut oil which is just a corporate propaganda to sell shit.

First you have to have a universal definition of the word healthy. Are we talking performance, longevity or? Opinions differ as in most things.

You stated this in another thread :confused:

Yes, and I repeat it. Stay away from oils. Why? well, how many people do you think is able to make their own olive oil in the backyard? How many people will actually indeed spend time collecting coconuts in Florida and then extracting the oil? Pretty much nobody. IF YOU DID IT THAT WAY, then yes, use oil for everything. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY IT IN A BOTTLE, stay away from ALL oils for the same reason stated, they oxidize. So yeah, you will be getting some nutritional benefit but at the same time putting more free radicals in your body on top of the free radicals in the environment.

Thats why the general consensus is, sty away from ALL kind of oils. Cook with lard, natural real butter. Everybody was living perfectly fine before all this coconut oil insanity i n the last couple of years. Even UG labs make steroids in coconut oil!! whats next. Natural human skin oil??

Yes, and I repeat it. Stay away from oils. Why? well, how many people do you think is able to make their own olive oil in the backyard? How many people will actually indeed spend time collecting coconuts in Florida and then extracting the oil? Pretty much nobody. IF YOU DID IT THAT WAY, then yes, use oil for everything. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY IT IN A BOTTLE, stay away from ALL oils for the same reason stated, they oxidize. So yeah, you will be getting some nutritional benefit but at the same time putting more free radicals in your body on top of the free radicals in the environment.

Thats why the general consensus is, sty away from ALL kind of oils. Cook with lard, natural real butter. Everybody was living perfectly fine before all this coconut oil insanity i n the last couple of years. Even UG labs make steroids in coconut oil!! whats next. Natural human skin oil??

You are creating blanket statements that are invalidated and based on limited knowledge of clumping together all oils as equal. Each share different oxidation and hydrolysis.

You really need to familiarize yourself with this before making false claims.

Stop with the straw-man fallacy. It's not helping the situations of the aforementioned of stating one-thing, then another.

You are creating blanket statements that are invalidated and based on limited knowledge of clumping together all oils as equal. Each share different oxidation and hydrolysis.

You really need to familiarize yourself with this before making false claims.

Stop with the straw-man fallacy. It's not helping the situations of the aforementioned of stating one-thing, then another.

Still, they all oxidize. Period. No need for technicalities. Theres no fallacy here, only ignorance spread by marketing. Make it simple for the people. NO OILS is the recommendation from doctors, not me. If you are not a doctor, I would never follow your medical advise.

Still, they all oxidize. Period. No need for technicalities. Theres no fallacy here, only ignorance spread by marketing. Make it simple for the people. NO OILS is the recommendation from doctors, not me. If you are not a doctor, I would never follow your medical advise.

Actually Stewie knows more than you ever would know. I found some of his advice better than some Doctors I been too. You might want to back down, unless you want to be schooled.

Actually Stewie knows more than you ever would know. I found some of his advice better than some Doctors I been too. You might want to back down, unless you want to be schooled.

Well, I think if I prefer to follow recommendations of my primary care doctor I'm not making a mistake correct? At least that is what everybody recommends all the time everywhere.

These articles are just as bad the "anyone who works out has muscle dysmorphia or some kind of obsessive condition". Baseless shit from the media to sell , sensationalise and discredit

Actually there are good oils besides coconut oil. Flaxseed oil and olive oil and even macnut oil are great as long as there from a good place. Even whale blubber is good for you..we are all trying to help each other on the forum.

Last edited:
Well, I think if I prefer to follow recommendations of my primary care doctor I'm not making a mistake correct? At least that is what everybody recommends all the time everywhere.

Dr.'s receive very little schooling in health for example. I have had Dr's tell me I know more about health then they do or their colleagues.

"only 29 percent of U.S. medical schools offer med students the recommended 25 hours of nutrition education, according to a 2015 report in the Journal of Biomedical Education."

http://health.usnews.com/wellness/food/articles/2016-12-07/how-much-do-doctors-learn-about-nutrition

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner