over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best Shoes for training calves

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've found new balance 501, which I dont think are made anymore, work for me.

In fact when i do calves I use a six year old pair of NB 501's because they work the best. I have another saucony, they just don't do it and have trouble getting up on the ball of my foot of these shoes . I have some other shoes Ive tried on calve day bc its all i had on my feet at the time, and generally tend to wear older shoes or one specific pair, for calves.

Do you wear a certain pair of shoes that you get more out of calves on? If so what brand and model are they?

Last edited:
I've found new balance 501, which I dont think are made anymore, work for me.

In fact when i do calves I use a six year old pair of NB 501's because they work the best. I have another saucony, they just don't do it and have trouble getting up on the ball of my foot of these shoes . I have some other shoes Ive tried on calve day bc its all i had on my feet at the time, and generally tend to wear older shoes or one specific pair, for calves.

Do you wear a certain pair of shoes that you get more out of calves on? If so what brand and model are they?

Idk what type bit those reebok ones ones with strange waffle sole

Last edited:
LOLOL....I'm sorry....but WTF does it matter what
shoes you wear to train calves...???!?!!!

like really...??? what does training calves have anything to do
with rotating your ankle...????

OK....ill take it back.....anything that's not a steel toe
high top should be good to go....

:rolleyes:

slippers. Fuck shoes, it's for pussies

i remember the old ads for those shoes that had like the elevated front area... i think they were made for practicing jumping or specifically for calves... can't remember what they were called... i could see them working actually, but who the fuck is gonna wear them round or train with any regularity with them?

**broken link removed**

This is a forum to share and help one another. I searched so if your intent is to make fun of people your just making fun you're wasting your time. How about you contribute to threads instead of your ridiculous sarcasm?

btw is that you in your avatar? by the looks of some of your posts and your intelligence, I wouldnt be surprised

LOLOL....I'm sorry....but WTF does it matter what
shoes you wear to train calves...???!?!!!

like really...??? what does training calves have anything to do
with rotating your ankle...????

OK....ill take it back.....anything that's not a steel toe
high top should be good to go....

:rolleyes:

Im sorry lololol, it matters to me :D. Ive done them barefooted of course If you read my first post you can see I get better stretch and up on my toe with these type of shoes. You may not be in tune with little details like this , I am, and absolutely the type of shoes you train with on calves makes a difference.

Plain Jane Converse Low Tops???????????????

Attachments

• cons.jpg
    cons.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 250
Plain Jane Converse Low Tops???????????????

I personally do not like converse for calves, hurts the bottom of my feet where the pressure is.

I can do them in just about anything else and not feel a difference

I find if the shoe is tied real tight it feels better. So maybe its not necessarily the shoe but how you wear it.

This is a forum to share and help one another. I searched so if your intent is to make fun of people your just making fun you're wasting your time. How about you contribute to threads instead of your ridiculous sarcasm?

Neil-deGrasse-Tyson.jpg

btw is that you in your avatar

Sure.

i remember the old ads for those shoes that had like the elevated front area... i think they were made for practicing jumping or specifically for calves... can't remember what they were called... i could see them working actually, but who the fuck is gonna wear them round or train with any regularity with them?

Boyer Coe’s shoes . . . utterly worthless by his own admission . . .

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...um/135680-syntherol-question.html#post2405029

Barefoot or something with minimal heel to toe drop. Being able to feel the ground is important.

old school jumpsoles...???

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 213
Converse or otomix, being a former wrestler though I'm more or less used to training in wrestling style shoes...

Maybe I am a simpleton - but I have never once bought a pair of shoes with consideration of calve training - or any other kind of weight training for that matter. I've bought some running shoes thinking it would make running suck less - but it doesn't work - running sux fat donkey cox!
As far as the gym goes I just wears what I wears. I been wearing some Nike air something or others (can't remember name and don't care enough to get out of bed to go see ). I like em cause the have like a spandex type feel and I don't have to tie and I tie them. Plus I can wear with no socks and they breath.

I swear to begeezuz if I find out that the secret is in the shoes and I have been just Blaise about it - well I am gonna be pretteee fricking pissed!!!

Good thread. What about arms? What do you guys wear for tank tops? Going for that 3D look.

otomix with minimal heel and high-top help to decrease the propulsion of knee and ankle and protect them when training hard

Surprised no one has said Vibrams.

And no I don't wear them. I'm with Tenny. Don't think it matters.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws