over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HELP THE HAMMIES!!

LlamaMilk95

Registered
How’s it going guys! Really been working on the physique. But will someone please help me with me with my hamstrings. I have been training them twice a week for a while and can not get them to catch up to my quads or the rest of me.. **broken link removed**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do some high rep very painful SLDL with a bit of a knee bend that allows you to feel a good contraction.

Keep a log on that, and progress weight wise while keeping reps high (15-25). Keep calories up as well.

This is what's worked for me. High rep leg stuff works exceedingly well because it's excessively painful.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Do some high rep very painful SLDL with a bit of a knee bend that allows you to feel a good contraction.

Keep a log on that, and progress weight wise while keeping reps high (15-25). Keep calories up as well.

This is what's worked for me. High rep leg stuff works exceedingly well because it's excessively painful.

Thanks will do!

x2

The hamstrings also respond well to very low reps (3-5 reps). I guess it's the same as everything though. All you can do is train as hard as possible with a mixture of reps/techniques and feed the muscle with good food. My hams are weak too but have improved a lot recently. Due to my lower back issues I use a lot of intensity techniques such as the last time I trained for my final set I done a tri-set of...

Seated Leg Curls with heavy weight to failure.
Stiff Legged Kettlebell deadlifts for 20 reps
Static hold on the seated leg curl machine until failure.

I also do very slow reps such as a 10 sec positive and a 10 sec negative. You use light weight for this but do that then 3 normals paced reps and repeat until failure. Great way of ensuring time under tension and it hits the hams in a different way.

I used to do sldl and deadlifts or rack deads every week for about ten years

I stopped stiff leg deads and My hamstrings seem to respond better to lying leg curls one leg at a time, then negatives lifting with the other leg and lowering with one leg

glute ham riases

seated leg curl or standing cable leg curl or standing leg up that hit a bit of glutes as well reverse facing the leg extension machine

Training twice a week is your problem, when you train heavy and intense once a week is plenty. 4-8 reps is ideal for hammies its one of the body part that seems to respond to the lowest amount of reps for hypertrophy

RDL and SLDL work amazing. High rep low rep. Kill it all. That's just what has really been a significant difference with mine. Rep schemes don't matter if your getting a mind muscle connection. Technically progressive resistance is your best bet on lagging body parts.

Another thing I learned from Dallas Mccarver is when your doing lying hamstring curls curl your feet up towards your shins instead of away. A lot of people try to do too much weight by pointing the toes away from the body but this involves a lot of lower back by doing this.
Point those toes upward and really squeeze the shit out of the positive portion of the rep. Dig into those fibers and make them hurt.

x2

The hamstrings also respond well to very low reps (3-5 reps). I guess it's the same as everything though. All you can do is train as hard as possible with a mixture of reps/techniques and feed the muscle with good food. My hams are weak too but have improved a lot recently. Due to my lower back issues I use a lot of intensity techniques such as the last time I trained for my final set I done a tri-set of...

Seated Leg Curls with heavy weight to failure.
Stiff Legged Kettlebell deadlifts for 20 reps
Static hold on the seated leg curl machine until failure.

I also do very slow reps such as a 10 sec positive and a 10 sec negative. You use light weight for this but do that then 3 normals paced reps and repeat until failure. Great way of ensuring time under tension and it hits the hams in a different way.

I used to do sldl and deadlifts or rack deads every week for about ten years

I stopped stiff leg deads and My hamstrings seem to respond better to lying leg curls one leg at a time, then negatives lifting with the other leg and lowering with one leg

glute ham riases

seated leg curl or standing cable leg curl or standing leg up that hit a bit of glutes as well reverse facing the leg extension machine

Training twice a week is your problem, when you train heavy and intense once a week is plenty. 4-8 reps is ideal for hammies its one of the body part that seems to respond to the lowest amount of reps for hypertrophy

I am freaking out thinking how much weight you guys will be using for those low reps on SLDLs. Just the thought of rounding my lower back accidently with those heavy weights is scary to me. Highest I have ever done on Barbell SLDLs is 110lbs for 10 reps. How much weight do you guys use for those low reps and what do you guys do to maintain perfect form? I try to keep my lower back arched, head up looking up but still I fall to the floor with pain in my lower back after the last sets.

Alright so I’m getting a lot of different perspectives. Which is a good thing. What I’m taking away from this train hard, and smart, switching between lighter weight and higher rep range and lower reps with heavier weight!

I trained hamstrings on there own day. And trained stiff legged and curls as they each work different muscles. General lower reps seemed to work better.

Stiff leg deals and slow concentrated leg curls is what works for me...

Dumbbell leg curls off a decline bench I have found to work the best for me.

for me it seems like the most important thing for hamstring development is total time (years) of training. After training bodybuilding for 10+ years now I feel like my hamstrings are finally getting the bodybuilder look

I am freaking out thinking how much weight you guys will be using for those low reps on SLDLs. Just the thought of rounding my lower back accidently with those heavy weights is scary to me. Highest I have ever done on Barbell SLDLs is 110lbs for 10 reps. How much weight do you guys use for those low reps and what do you guys do to maintain perfect form? I try to keep my lower back arched, head up looking up but still I fall to the floor with pain in my lower back after the last sets.

As I mentioned above I have bad lower back issues so I can't go heavy on SLDL's (I did in the past). I just know that hamstrings respond well to low reps. If I get the chance to train on plate loaded hamstring machines (such as hammer strength standing leg curls) I will load up the weight and do low reps (and high too). Although like anything I think a mixture of reps is optimal.

Generally I feel legs respond best to higher reps. The most important thing is feeling the muscle. Most people I see lift too heavy for hamstrings (and in general) and don't control the weight. All my text just got deleted :eek: Basically if someones routine is not working it should be changed. My post about low reps was just in reply to the one I quoted. But if I were to recommend something to the OP it would actually be very high reps and as intense as possible as others have stated. Although BL225 stated a mixture of things is always best.

I would do 2 workouts per week with one day warming up to go very heavy on working sets (try to progress in weight over weeks/months) and the other more of a pump style workout with very high reps. On both of these day I would also include intra shakes of aminos and carbs etc. If the OP uses aas perhaps an oral pre workout or some form of igf-1 (injected locally), slin or hgh. That's what I would do if literally going full force at a weak body part. Quite honestly though it won't be needed for the OP but it is an option.

I started doing loads of partials years ago. I think it was Tom Platz I first saw doing that... could have been JM. I actually just trained leg curls and started with warm ups and a set of 21's on the lying leg curl machine. I finished with a drop set which includes 3 drops in weight with normal style reps, then a 4th drop of partials at the top and the final drop with partials at the bottom. The top partials were with a lighter weight but I finished with partials at the bottom with very heavy weight. Couldn't move afterwards and felt it all in my hammies. But will I have amazing hamstrings next year... very much doubt it :eek::banghead::D

Last edited:
I took advice from JM when I was a member on his site. Hamstrings daily for 4-5 weeks. Heavy low rep curls 5-7 reps one day, higher SLDL reps the next day. Back and forth switching off from low, medium high reps. Also glute work with reverse hypers. Noticed within a couple of weeks walking up steps and putting my hand back there where the glute ham tie in and it was working. After 4-5 weeks I cut it back to 3 times a week and now just 2 times a week which is when I train legs. Oh, I also kept track of weights used and tried to beat those numbers each time.

If the OP uses aas perhaps an oral pre workout or some form of igf-1 (injected locally), slin or hgh.

How would you inject in the hamstrings? Not so common I guess. Never heard anyone doing it. Have you done it personally?

do your hamstring before your quads... do quad workouts that still target the hams like going wider and higher on your presses and squats... do sumo deads for back .... use the adductor machine and build a lot of the inner

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131