over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Another health problem to consider

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I don't ever recall anyone ever mentioning this, but testosterone supplementation can lead to prostate hypertrophy. Once the prostate gets big enough your urine flow will diminish. If it gets bad enough you will have to visit the ER and have a catheter placed inside your penis. Not fun.

Testosterone converts to DHT which can cause the prostate to grow larger. The medicine proscar can help block conversion to DHT and that will shrink the prostate down.

The reason I bring this up is that today I finally broke down and went to the doctor because I am having trouble urinating. My prostate is enlarged. It seems it starts with people over the age of 45 but the doctor felt mine and it was really large for someone my age. I am about 48 yrs old now. Ive only been on HRT for the past 9 years and taking 100 mg/wk. The doctor asked me about going off the HRT and of course I said that isn't an option. We are trying the drug flomax first and if that doesn't work then we will try Proscar.

I just bring this up because it is something all members should be aware of. After many years of using steroids this is probably going to happen at a younger age than would be expected. I let mine go for about one year and it gradually got worse and worse. I'm not real hot about the idea of the rectal exam, but had that today. Having my PSA tested again as well as a kidney function test. If the problem is bad enough urine can back up into the kidneys and cause some bad problems.

Anyone else here have prostate issues yet? What is your age and when did it start? What you will see is a less powerful stream and you wont be able to fully empty your bladder, because of that youll have to urinate more frequently.

Is psa a good enough indicator or are there different tests to look into? No psa or prostate issues as of yet but I'm under 30.

Just as long as the doc doesn't do the digital rectal exam while standing behind you, and then you notice he has both hands on your shoulders :eek: Sorry, just had to add a little humor :D

No problems yet. Knock on wood. Prostate cancer runs in my family.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I've been using prostate support supps just in case, pumpkin seed, saw palmetto etc

I've been using prostate support supps just in case, pumpkin seed, saw palmetto etc

I'm doing the same thing hoping to avoid issues. You can't take saw palmetto with deca/tren though right? I always stop taking it when using those.

Important post maldorf, thanks for bringing this up. I am 41 and have not had this yet, but I appreciate you putting it on the radar. A cursory look at the research seems to indicate that lowering DHT with saw palmetto or beta-sitosterol will help. Possible ways to reverse or prevent without lowering DHT (DHT has benefits as well as drawbacks) seem to include exercise, zinc, green tea, curcumin, and nettle.

Yes it looks like the zinc in pumpkin seeds has good evidence for efficacy...and it does seem it works because it inhibits conversion of test into DHT...

Last edited:
Is psa a good enough indicator or are there different tests to look into? No psa or prostate issues as of yet but I'm under 30.

Well, it can be enlarged like mine and the PSA is normal. I think PSA is mostly used for screening for cancer. Ive been getting my PSA checked once a year now for the past 8 years and it has always been normal. The doc went ahead and ran another, this is a different doctor. I figured it couldn't hurt. At least it probably isn't cancer.

One more possible thing to consider when it comes to TRT -- trestolone does not convert to DHT but has many test-like attributes. Possibly replacing much of one's test with trest could be a way to continue hormone replacement without exacerbating bph.

IMO, the main thing for everyone to do is keep an eye on how strong your stream is and how often you are having to urinate. One of the early signs is having to get up in the middle of the night to go. I would say the strength of my urine stream now is maybe 1/2 what it should be or once was.

If you take pseudoephedrine then it gets even worse. Apparently that drug, which is used as a decongestant, will make the smooth muscle in the prostate contract which will put even more pressure on the urethra.

I bet that ephedrine, like is used in bodybuilding, does the same thing. I haven't looked it up though. Ive had a cold and was taking psuedoephederine and it just about had me closed off where I could barely go. Scary shit.

IMO, the main thing for everyone to do is keep an eye on how strong your stream is and how often you are having to urinate. One of the early signs is having to get up in the middle of the night to go. I would say the strength of my urine stream now is maybe 1/2 what it should be or once was.

If you take pseudoephedrine then it gets even worse. Apparently that drug, which is used as a decongestant, will make the smooth muscle in the prostate contract which will put even more pressure on the urethra.

I bet that ephedrine, like is used in bodybuilding, does the same thing. I haven't looked it up though. Ive had a cold and was taking psuedoephederine and it just about had me closed off where I could barely go. Scary shit.
Yes, ephedrine has always had the reputation of causing that. I didn't realize pseudo did the same.

I'm curious how you do with treatment. My boss switched from trt shots to the androgel, because of prostate issues. Dude's problem is that he forgets to apply it quite often. I know he'll be better off going back to the injections.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well shit lol I'm early 20's and I get once at night at minimum and twice isn't unusual but I've always wondered how people don't if they stay adequately hydrated throughout the day

Well shit lol I'm early 20's and I get once at night at minimum and twice isn't unusual but I've always wondered how people don't if they stay adequately hydrated throughout the day

Same here and to be honest I wouldn't worry about that at all, getting up once during the night is completely normal when you're well hydrated and drink water before going to bed (I drink like 300-400 ml pre bed when washing my health supps down) IMO

Same here and to be honest I wouldn't worry about that at all, getting up once during the night is completely normal when you're well hydrated and drink water before going to bed (I drink like 300-400 ml pre bed when washing my health supps down) IMO

Yeah, I used to get up about once a night. Now with the problem I am up no less than 3 times. During the day you have to go more too.

On car trips I used to be able to drive for 4 hours or more and not worry about going, now I cant make it 2 hours.

Last edited:
Just as long as the doc doesn't do the digital rectal exam while standing behind you, and then you notice he has both hands on your shoulders :eek: Sorry, just had to add a little humor :D
Wow...in my case the doctor did the digital rectal exam, told me his diagnoses and told him I wanted a second opinion, so he stuck a second finger in...
Take care.
MS

Wow...in my case the doctor did the digital rectal exam, told me his diagnoses and told him I wanted a second opinion, so he stuck a second finger in...
Take care.
MS

Now THAT was funny! I had heard the one gungalunga told a couple times before but yours was a new one. lol

have had enlarged prostate for a few years now. started at bout age 48 am now 54.
I am on self prescribed low dose tadalfil i didnt realize how well it works until i came off it a few months ago.
reason i did this was i came off a cycle to clean out so i figured to do the same with this.

Maldorf, research the effects of stinging nettle root extract and prostate hyperplasia....it helps in multiple different pathways reducing the enlargement of the prostate....

it could be the thing for you without needing heavier medications or (god forbid man) - surgery :(

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws