over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just bought an Omron BP monitor and compared to my Lifesource monitor

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My systolic is 30-40 points higher on the Omron than on the Life Source! Averaging 145/70 on Omron and 110/55 on my Life Source. Omron says arms up to 42cm will fit. I measured my arm NOT flexed and it's 39.5cm. The LS could fit arms up to 46cm. The Omron is definitely tighter on my arm while the LS easily fits.

I take every BP lowering supp known to man, uncluding 40mg telmisartan (weak dose) and 1 carditone pill before bed

I have no idea which one is the more accurate. The differences are drastic to say the least. I will say the way the Omron fits is similar to the cuffs in the doctor's offices. I have no idea whether I should up the BP lowering meds or lower them.

I don't know what my question is. Maybe anyone who has used multiple monitors can chime in? Terrible problem to have.

Last edited:
I would have the doctor's office check your BP and bring both your other systems in and have them compared to the one your doctor's office did. I'm not sure how long between each test you should wait if it even matters.

Man... now your making me want to go buy another monitor. We seem to have the same "paranoia" about our bp being accurate. Have you ever used a wrist monitor?

Just re-measured my arm not flexed and it's more like 41cm, closer to the 42cm limit. Confusing to say the least.

Man... now your making me want to go buy another monitor. We seem to have the same "paranoia" about our bp being accurate. Have you ever used a wrist monitor?

Heard they weren't accurate

I stopped using the omron on clients because of the off readings in general, not just on big arms.

I have an older omron monitor with an XL cuff that works well. I tried the latest and greatest model a couple months ago. The cuff is supposed to fit large arms, but it felt tight. It consistently gave me systolic readings in the 140s when the accurate older model said 120s. I ended up giving the new one to a friend.

My systolic is 30-40 points higher on the Omron than on the Life Source! Averaging 145/70 on Omron and 110/55 on my Life Source. Omron says arms up to 42cm will fit. I measured my arm NOT flexed and it's 39.5cm. The LS could fit arms up to 46cm. The Omron is definitely tighter on my arm while the LS easily fits.

I take every BP lowering supp known to man, uncluding 40mg telmisartan (weak dose) and 1 carditone pill before bed

I have no idea which one is the more accurate. The differences are drastic to say the least. I will say the way the Omron fits is similar to the cuffs in the doctor's offices. I have no idea whether I should up the BP lowering meds or lower them.

I don't know what my question is. Maybe anyone who has used multiple monitors can chime in? Terrible problem to have.

You may remember me saying this before....because I believe you liked the post but no one answered it.... "How can we make sure the bigger arm cuff is still fitting properly to give an accurate read out?" Common sense would tell you someone with a 17-22" arm might need a bigger cuff and it will give a more accurate reading, but me with a 19" arm will have more room than someone with a 21" arm and the pressure applied and readout would be different. Look I am 100% convinced most of us probably need bigger than a standard cuff....but I don't think arbitrarily buying a large cuff will give us accuracy all the time.

You may remember me saying this before....because I believe you liked the post but no one answered it.... "How can we make sure the bigger arm cuff is still fitting properly to give an accurate read out?" Common sense would tell you someone with a 17-22" arm might need a bigger cuff and it will give a more accurate reading, but me with a 19" arm will have more room than someone with a 21" arm and the pressure applied and readout would be different. Look I am 100% convinced most of us probably need bigger than a standard cuff....but I don't think arbitrarily buying a large cuff will give us accuracy all the time.

I don't think having a cuff too large will give false readouts as long as you wrap it tight enough. When I used to do mine manually I used a really big cuff. The cuff is so large that there was a lot left over even when I had arms that were 21 inches flexed. The measurements I got were the same as what I usually got at the doctor's office. Once in awhile a nurse would try to use a regular cuff on me and it would give crazy high readings.

I don't think having a cuff too large will give false readouts as long as you wrap it tight enough. When I used to do mine manually I used a really big cuff. The cuff is so large that there was a lot left over even when I had arms that were 21 inches flexed. The measurements I got were the same as what I usually got at the doctor's office. Once in awhile a nurse would try to use a regular cuff on me and it would give crazy high readings.
I agree, my wife uses my monitor (large cuff) and her bp reads normal.

I have life source cuff and it seems to be accurate. I can't test at doctors office because I can't stay calm enough to get accurate reading

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I bought an omron 5 series a couple of days ago.My readings are about the same as they were when I donated blood last week when they checked my bp on their machine.I feel that the one I purchased is pretty accurate for me.The 5 series fits up to 17” arms.

I have the latest super duper best Omron crap they sell and I am always 135+ on it, but always under 120 at the docs office.

Problem is that the life insurance nurse that gets sent out each year uses an Omron too and always puts me down that I have high bp :banghead:

As Maldorf pretty much just stated the large cuff is likely better. As mentioned in this thread if it's a large cuff even on a woman if it tight enough there should be no issues. But for a machine that's cuff is too small and it's super tight it will read out a higher reading.

Your bp is going to likely be the lowest reading or close to it. 145/70 is not even bad and I think we can safely state that is going to be above your true reading. Even in the doctors your reading is much lower so that shoudl tell you something.

Bringing me onto my point you need to stop stressing about this all the time. I know you want to be as healthy as possible and I think you do a great job at being that. So I would carry on as normal as it's blatantly obvious you don't have high blood pressure and it's likely on the low side. So I wouldn't be increasing the dose of any bp supps. In regards to bp I think you are doing great.

guess i am like you.
Stressing out about every thing that is worriable..
Maybe thats why my blood pressure is perfect in the morning and slightly higher after training.
I use a M/L cuff that says 24-41cm. Cold, my arms are 38.5cm. After training there is blood going around in my arms and they measure 40 or 40,5.
maybe this small increase is enough for the cuff to measure up to 25 points higher?

Heard they weren't accurate

Mine is. Our wellness nurse at work uses the same one I have...and I have posted pics of my numbers on here before.

I actually have an appointment with her this morning at 8:00 AM and will see where mine is. I just finished training, and having a big cup of coffee as we speak. :D

But I did carry my wrist one into my doctors office to compare with his using a large cuff and stethoscope ...and they were almost identical.

He said most offices will be using the wrist cuffs before long as wrist sizes don't vary as much as upper arm sizes.

Plus there is a procedure for using one. You are supposed to put it on your wrist, and then hold that arm across your chest above the level of your heart...so basically your hand touching the top of your right pec/shoulder area.

This is the way the nurse at work has us do it too.

As Maldorf pretty much just stated the large cuff is likely better. As mentioned in this thread if it's a large cuff even on a woman if it tight enough there should be no issues. But for a machine that's cuff is too small and it's super tight it will read out a higher reading.

Your bp is going to likely be the lowest reading or close to it. 145/70 is not even bad and I think we can safely state that is going to be above your true reading. Even in the doctors your reading is much lower so that shoudl tell you something.

Bringing me onto my point you need to stop stressing about this all the time. I know you want to be as healthy as possible and I think you do a great job at being that. So I would carry on as normal as it's blatantly obvious you don't have high blood pressure and it's likely on the low side. So I wouldn't be increasing the dose of any bp supps. In regards to bp I think you are doing great.

my omron reads consistently higher (about 5-15pts) than the manual cuff at my drs office

How big is your arm not flexed?

i should check again, prob 17ish flexed

at the time i bought it i made sure the cuff was big enough to fit my arm but im not fat and my arms are far from big

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws