over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Incline dumbbell curls vs Drag curls

Andro308

Registered
Which do you feel better? Trying to improve bicep peak and love these but wanted to know if one stimulated the long head more than the other?

Incline DB with wrist relaxed back and supinating hard for the peak contraction is my favorite.I love/hate the burn.Same technique in drag curl just doesn't hurt the same for me.Use them both,just in different workouts.Don't forget hammer curls to build brachialis as it pushes the bicep up.

Good tip on the wrist relaxed back will have to try!!!

I was putting the incline too far back and it was stretching a bit too much. I think 45 degrees is perfect

I was putting the incline too far back and it was stretching a bit too much. I think 45 degrees is perfect

I prefer a notch below 90 degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is about where I set it, around 45 degree angle, do drags from time to time but like inclines a lot more.

Incline curls are the best I can find for long head peak

I used to really like doing incline curls using the cable crossover.

Smith drag curls for mass

im bout to head to the gym and work arms, never tried on the smith, going to give it a go, well I give it a go, not done any straight bars curls in long time, always ez curl due to elbows

Last edited:
Any type of curl will do. Wether or not you have a peak depends on genetics. Biceps grow due to the fact that they contract against resistance. They don't know what type of curl you're doing.

Any type of curl will do. Wether or not you have a peak depends on genetics. Biceps grow due to the fact that they contract against resistance. They don't know what type of curl you're doing.

Good answer.

I tend to overthink things. It’s the OCD taking over. So what your saying is standing dumbbell curls will produce the same results and incline dumbbell curls.
There is no way to increase the peak because is completely genetic and no way to target the long head?

The main thing on curls is to not move your upper arm much, keep it stationary. Keeping it in a way stuck to your side and not letting the elbow come up. Once you start moving the upper arm up then you bring in front delt to assist the curl and probably some other muscles assist too. That is why I like doing incline curls because you let your arms hang down and it makes it harder to cheat the weight up with your delts. Easier to keep the movement strict.

agreed, but the same ol same ol, gets boring, I did the smith today and liked it.

One of my most favorites for biceps is the basic standing alternating dumbbell bicep curls. Just use strict form and somewhat slower tempo. I like to hold the dumbbell to the top of my thumb. Going to have to try relaxing my wrists next time.

Special bar for curling

A gym I lifted at had a bar like this for doing curls. It felt darn good because it lets you supinate your wrist joint. Anyone ever use one?

Attachments

• th2DEPX74R.jpg
    th2DEPX74R.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 143
2cents

I like inclines first and using drags as an occasional finisher. I think drags as a finisher really hits the peak.

Very true
Note: the short head will be emphasized more on incline curls. Your peak will be determined by your muscle belly length and the length of your tendons. Good peak is usually long tendon short muscle. IE: Arnold

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws