over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does Anyone Have Tennis Elbow??

Texas Ranger

Registered
Did you have or currently have tennis elbow? If so, how did you get rid of it? I had to stop training a few weeks ago and rest it. I’ve been doing wrist curls with light dumbbells for high reps(30-50) to get some blood in there, stretching my forearm, and icing the crap out of my elbow. While it has helped, it’s still not 100%. I have nagging pain around the outside elbow where it connects to forearm. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Voltaren (diclofenac) gel.

Did you have or currently have tennis elbow? If so, how did you get rid of it? I had to stop training a few weeks ago and rest it. I’ve been doing wrist curls with light dumbbells for high reps(30-50) to get some blood in there, stretching my forearm, and icing the crap out of my elbow. While it has helped, it’s still not 100%. I have nagging pain around the outside elbow where it connects to forearm. Any recommendations?[/Q

I had inner and outer elbow pain, it got very bad, nothing worked for me until I found a good A.R.T. practitioner, even tho it took several sessions to completely get rid of it, I was better after the first session and kept training, was also able to increase the amount of weight I was using, and yes the first few sessions hurt like a bitch and I would have bruising the next day.

Did you have or currently have tennis elbow? If so, how did you get rid of it? I had to stop training a few weeks ago and rest it. I’ve been doing wrist curls with light dumbbells for high reps(30-50) to get some blood in there, stretching my forearm, and icing the crap out of my elbow. While it has helped, it’s still not 100%. I have nagging pain around the outside elbow where it connects to forearm. Any recommendations?

I've had it a couple times really bad. I had to stop doing any movements that directly effected my elbow. Rest and some time off is what helped mine recover.

I had it (on and off) for years, I would work around it until about 9 years ago I completely tore the tricep tendon. I had reattachment surgery, 8 weeks being locked up and I was ok to start rehabbing it, within a few weeks I was good. I have never had the pain in the elbow since.
Point here, take care of it or it will eventually tear.

I did, bad. I started making a more conscious effort of my elbows and wrist angles and it went away after 6ish months. I'm only in my 20 so I only had 8-10 years of stress from lifting, I know guys with 30+ years under their,belt might be a little late, but regardless keeping your wrist tight and elbows locked is everything.

I did, bad. I started making a more conscious effort of my elbows and wrist angles and it went away after 6ish months. I'm only in my 20 so I only had 8-10 years of stress from lifting, I know guys with 30+ years under their,belt might be a little late, but regardless keeping your wrist tight and elbows locked is everything.
Agreed. You have to play around with wrist and elbow positioning to find an angle that doesn't hurt. I switched to neutral grip (but still wide) pullups and pulldowns for example, and that made a huge difference for my elbow issues. There might, however, be some exercises that you just have to avoid or lower the weight/ increase reps for.

In the acute phase, rest and topical NSAID are helpful.

Agreed. You have to play around with wrist and elbow positioning to find an angle that doesn't hurt. I switched to neutral grip (but still wide) pullups and pulldowns for example, and that made a huge difference for my elbow issues. There might, however, be some exercises that you just have to avoid or lower the weight/ increase reps for.

In the acute phase, rest and topical NSAID are helpful.

Agreed it started with an antibiotic cycle(happens every fucking time, wrist,shoulder exc. An I know not to work out while on them but.......) takes about 6 week to 6 months then one day it just doesn’t hurt anymore???? Like stated above you can work around the pain with angles. All about ANGLES and range of motion. Also before training try using some liquid arthritis pain reliever with lidocaine helps or the good ol time off but let be real ain’t no one got time for that.

I had it BAD!!!! To the point I couldn't do anything for upper body. I started out with BPC, and it took care of 50% of the pain (in the long run because initially it was 90) then I started taking fish oil, glucosamine and turmeric. I back to almost 100% . I avoid exercises like 1 arm dumbbell ext. No lying tricep ext . Both were major mass movements for me. But I switched it around to close grip bench for size and do super sets with cable exercises and finish with 2 sets of 2 hand behind the head extensions. But still not going with max weight. Almost forgot, I was doing weighted dips also... that's out the window. I could fell the stress running down the entire outside tendon before so I just avoid it now
I don't even wear that tight ass sleeve anymore. Incredible turn around. I tell everybody I can

Last edited:
Started using fat grips(less elbow pressure) even with straps and have been back to normal now on everything.

. . . keeping your wrist tight and elbows locked is everything.
Not sure if this contradicts your comment about wrist being tight, but I've read that gripping the bar too tightly (all fingers and thumbs) can contribute to it. I had it for a while, and now I do all pull-ups basically with fingers only (little to no contribution with my thumbs) and I've not had tennis elbow for several years now.

I was Pounding stakes on the Job just over 2 weeks ago. Hit a Rotten stake and the 14lb Mall came flying out of my hands...Tweeked a muscle or ligament right under the Elbow, not sure which but the F"kr still hurts... I keep pounding away as the season draws to a close but seems like time Off is the only Cure!!!
A real Bitch using it 8 hrs a Day no Matter!
Probably should wrap it....Be my 1st wrapping anything!

Last edited:
Not sure if this contradicts your comment about wrist being tight, but I've read that gripping the bar too tightly (all fingers and thumbs) can contribute to it. I had it for a while, and now I do all pull-ups basically with fingers only (little to no contribution with my thumbs) and I've not had tennis elbow for several years now.

Tight meant firm and straight rather than gripping so hard your hands are blue. A firm grip is important but yeah of course you can constantly squeeze so hard your medial forearm starts to weaken your elbow. Thats why many guys use straps.

Rest. I have it on both sides of my elbow. Golfers and tennis elbow. I can barely do curls these days.

Rest. I have it on both sides of my elbow. Golfers and tennis elbow. I can barely do curls these days.

that's the thing I once thought, I rested never worked well, as I mentioned and told others many times, when I started ART I was in pain curling a 20 pound dumbbell, after the first session I could start upping the weight and intensity and it only got better after that, never even had to back off once ART started.

I had it, but not as bad as some people have. I did all the stretching and wrist curl physio stuff, took time off, and was mindful of which exercises aggravated it. Hammer grip curling exercises bothered it the most, so I dropped them. When I feel ready to incorporate them again, I'm going to opt for higher reps. Oddly enough, it didn't bother me on pressing movements, which is where most people have issues.

I also bought Iron Rebel elbow sleeves. I wear them for almost all upper body exercises except bicep and forearm ones. The tennis elbow was enough to make me take preventative measures seriously. I don't need the sleeves, but I don't want to need them. I wear them for protection, support, and warmth of the joints; the same reason I wear Rehband knee sleeves for leg work. I'm not lifting the poundages that some of you monsters are, but wear and tear happens to everyone regardless. I train DC, so hamstrings are before quads and I put on my knee sleeves for leg curls. I do that because when I move on to quads the sleeves have thoroughly warmed up the area and all squatting movements or leg presses feel great.

Sling shot has some “elbow wraps” you can use while you lift, except put it around your forearm just before the elbow. I went to an orthopedic doc and it has something to do with the forearm muscle squeezing and creating pressure on the joint. When your not lifting you can buy one of those things that wraps around your forearm with the pillow like thing in it. Put the pad in the same side as where the pain is, top or bottom, between doing those things and some anti inflammatories you should eventually feel better. Works every time for me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have or currently have tennis elbow? If so, how did you get rid of it? I had to stop training a few weeks ago and rest it. I’ve been doing wrist curls with light dumbbells for high reps(30-50) to get some blood in there, stretching my forearm, and icing the crap out of my elbow. While it has helped, it’s still not 100%. I have nagging pain around the outside elbow where it connects to forearm. Any recommendations?[/Q

I had inner and outer elbow pain, it got very bad, nothing worked for me until I found a good A.R.T. practitioner, even tho it took several sessions to completely get rid of it, I was better after the first session and kept training, was also able to increase the amount of weight I was using, and yes the first few sessions hurt like a bitch and I would have bruising the next day.
I was thinking about going this route. I know my orthopedic would probably just give me a cortisone shot and prescribe some something. I want to be 100% and train the way I normally do with little to no restrictions.

Strengthen your forearms, train around it and get ART to speed up the healing process.
Fish/Krill etc... are good suplements to help recovery.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws