over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Restricted blood flow training

Capin

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Any you guys tried this? It involves restricting blood flow not into but out of the muscle I have been looking into it but can't find information on how long you can leave the restriction on.

From what I understand, the tourniquet stays on basically just during the working portion of the set. If others have done differently, please feel free to chime in, as I haven't actually done this myself.

Just read about it and have seen some videos on social media.

Any you guys tried this? It involves restricting blood flow not into but out of the muscle I have been looking into it but can't find information on how long you can leave the restriction on.

I think you choke out the muscle for the duration of the set only. About the pressure of a blood pressure cuff pumped up to 200. And you're supposed to use a lighter weight than normal.

Yes, it’s really good for muscle that you don’t have good mind muscle connection. The only thing is you can only use it for bi,tri,quad,calves,hams.

I have shit arms and I have been able to grow them by using this technique. Use at the beginning of my workout to get the skin popping contractions. Then at the end to destroy them till I can’t feel my arms.

One thing I worry about is pulling a clot. The tighter you have them the faster you get that burn because no blood is going back out(mine get tight af). This what NOT to do. I think they recommend you still being able to get a finger through the strap. About 70% “tight” whatever that is.

That's hilarious
"Ever see Arnold with phucking bands on his arms"

Nevertheless I think I will at least try it once I get enough info and feel I'm ready.

It's called kaatsu and there is a small body of evidence suggesting it works. Whether or not that translates to actual visible real world gains is another story.

I have a client who bought the actual straps and the instructions. They are fairly wide and do not constrict flow completely. You keep them on the whole arm workout. Blood can still get in, it just can't get out as easy. Honestly I think it works by just getting people to periodically train lighter and squeeze the muscle, lol.

The instructions they come with look like they were ripped off of Neil Hill's variable intensity system. IMHO I wouldn't waste the 💰.

I did a lot of research into hypoxia about 10 years ago.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20403355

This study is incredibly interesting in that:

IGFs promote myoblast differentiation under normaxia, they stimulate cell proliferation under hypoxia

Hypoxia training activates Erk 1/2 MAPK and stimulates proliferation and inhibits differentiation. Normaxia training activates the Akt-mTOR, p38 MAPK pathways and stimulates differentiation.

I like proliferation.

There are some more complicated questions though regarding mTOR pathway and the appropriate times to proliferate vs. differentiate.

Last edited:
Soo I'm still unclear leave the bands on for say 3 sets 20 reps or take them off after each set?
There must be a point there where they are on to long and problems could occur?

I have a client who bought the actual straps and the instructions. They are fairly wide and do not constrict flow completely. You keep them on the whole arm workout. Blood can still get in, it just can't get out as easy. Honestly I think it works by just getting people to periodically train lighter and squeeze the muscle, lol.

The instructions they come with look like they were ripped off of Neil Hill's variable intensity system. IMHO I wouldn't waste the [emoji383].

If it gets in ; why can’t it get out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it gets in ; why can’t it get out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5d9ddc502c97b7e9562faf25dc063c4a.jpg

Image used for educational, non-profit purposes in accordance with fair use.

5d9ddc502c97b7e9562faf25dc063c4a.jpg

Image used for educational, non-profit purposes in accordance with fair use.

I'll ask him Monday, guy is a doc so he will know. I'd assume because the veins that return the blood to the heart are closer to the surface than the arterial blood supply? The occlusion straps are much less constrictive than tourniquets. We actually tried medical tourniquets first. Your fingers get numb if they are on too tight.

I'll ask him Monday, guy is a doc so he will know. I'd assume because the veins that return the blood to the heart are closer to the surface than the arterial blood supply? The occlusion straps are much less constrictive than tourniquets. We actually tried medical tourniquets first. Your fingers get numb if they are on too tight.
That would be my guess, too. Putting on the straps fairly loosely (compared to complete occlusion achieved with a tourniquet) will mainly restrict the (extremely superficial) cephalic vein. The basilic vein sits a bit deeper and thus would be less constricted. The even deeper sitting arteries are even less constricted.

well . . .

Probably one of the most stupid, ignorant and useless
things you can do to your body. Geeez . . . the lengths
people will do in an attempt to gain muscular size
never ceases to boggle my small mind.

Does it restrict blood flow. Yes, of course it does. Does
it build muscle, a resounding no is the answer.

This has been around for years and was proven useless
before and it remains useless today for building true,
lasting muscular development or about any other logical
thing that I can think of at the moment. I tried it (and too
many other really stupid things; things that I am still too
embarrassed to mention) so many years ago I have lost
count. It was and still is worthless.

I don’t know why (and I have seen a lot weird shit in my
life) but I am always surprised at the great lengths people
will go to and the things that they will do in an attempt
to build their body. Although I must admit, I did not try
anything like letting a rattlesnake (I used to catch and
raise them) bite me on the biceps which would have
resulted in at least some temporary size.

Now . . . do you want me to tell you how I really feel? ;)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws