over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dr Scott /mike Arnold ect.. Berberine vs Metformin

powerof2

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
i realize it’s not a open and closed case. What is a better answer for insulin resistance. Say someone taking large amounts of hgh for extended periods of time. Berberine and it’s effects on mtor? Metformin reduces igf ect. Scott talked about this in his pod cast a while back. Mike once was a Metformin guy and switch to berberine. All things considered someone try to grow. Is it better to take Metformin over berberine. Berberine blunting protein synthesis? ( to what extent will it stop growing) Or is Metformin a no go with the way it changes the liver, reduced igf, and effects on receptors.

Thanks for your input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Metformin made it difficult for guy grow on it wouldn't be used so much......that being said, I use Berberine and it hasn't hurt my muscle gains.....keep in mind I'm on too.

I ran out of Met, and have decided to use Berberine. Honestly, I doubt I will ever switch back to Met......I just prefer Berberine.

Last edited:
If Metformin made it difficult for guy grow on it wouldn't be used so much......that being said, I use Berberine and it hasn't hurt my muscle gains.....keep in mind I'm on too.

I ran out of Met, and have decided to use Berberine. Honestly, I doubt I will ever switch back to Met......I just prefer Berberine.

Because? Very interested to hear your specific reasoning.

I feel like 90% of guys who use berberine are just pissing money away.

Unless you’re on long term GH, you aren’t going to be insulin resistant. If you have high blood glucose... you should probably eat less food which converts to glucose.

It’s fashionable and trendy, but I don’t know why people love it so much.

I use metformin most of the time...super inexpensive, costs about 1/3 of what berberine does. I did start on berberine before doc would write the met script. I don't notice much difference in the two.

Because? Very interested to hear your specific reasoning.

I see people posting about gda a lot. It would be interesting to see what is the best way to bring glucose in check or not let it get out of hand and make the most of the reason for taking Gh insulin. As for my self I have been on hgh for too long without a significant break. 2 years. I haven’t dropped below 5 iu except for maybe a few months. I have gone as high as 10. I have tried to use all of the other gdas and leave out Metformin and berberine. It just isn’t enough to keep it down. I realize I definitely have to go off at this point. Dave is right when he says it’s probably over rated.

Unless you’re on long term GH, you aren’t going to be insulin resistant. If you have high blood glucose... you should probably eat less food which converts to glucose.

Hgh? U working so close with Scott would have a really good idea on what’s best. I’m guessing u would say neither. Would u say your diet and judo keeps ur blood glucose normal when running 6 iu split 3 x? Have u ever ran into a issue with this

Hgh? U working so close with Scott would have a really good idea on what’s best. I’m guessing u would say neither. Would u say your diet and judo keeps ur blood glucose normal when running 6 iu split 3 x? Have u ever ran into a issue with this

If you’re on enough GH to create an environment of constant chemically induced blood glucose elevation, then a GDA would be necessary. You’d essentially need chemical intervention to counteract the pre-existing chemicals.

If the above is not the case, carb timing and finding the appropriate amount of carbohydrates makes most sense. If something isn’t forcing your BC to elevate, odds are you’re just eating too much food.

Most people are just eating too much food, trying to find a pill to clean up the mess.

I personally keep my GH dose between 3-5iu ED, but keep carbs low aside from pre/intra/post... and also grapple 4-5x/week with 3-4 hard cardio sessions per week. I’ve not had any blood glucose issues.

If I weren’t as active, and consumed carbohydrates evenly throughout the day, I’d probably have to keep a glucometer and rely on a GDA.

A bikini competitor recently came to me, worried about her insulin sensitivity... the topic is just getting over blown by people who don’t want to logically approach the topic.

Most people could solve this issue without taking more stuff.

If you’re on enough GH to create an environment of constant chemically induced blood glucose elevation, then a GDA would be necessary. You’d essentially need chemical intervention to counteract the pre-existing chemicals.

If the above is not the case, carb timing and finding the appropriate amount of carbohydrates makes most sense. If something isn’t forcing your BC to elevate, odds are you’re just eating too much food.

Most people are just eating too much food, trying to find a pill to clean up the mess.

I personally keep my GH dose between 3-5iu ED, but keep carbs low aside from pre/intra/post... and also grapple 4-5x/week with 3-4 hard cardio sessions per week. I’ve not had any blood glucose issues.

If I weren’t as active, and consumed carbohydrates evenly throughout the day, I’d probably have to keep a glucometer and rely on a GDA.

A bikini competitor recently came to me, worried about her insulin sensitivity... the topic is just getting over blown by people who don’t want to logically approach the topic.

Thank you for your input

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for writing this^^

There are other uses for Berberine other than insulin resistance. Sure that's the main one but it's good for gut health and has a modest effect on lipids too.

Of course Metformin does all this as well.

Reactions: Cdn
From using both, I can FEEL met work in minutes, become incridebly full and vascular, berb I felt 0%.

From using both, I can FEEL met work in minutes, become incridebly full and vascular, berb I felt 0%.

I wish that's how it worked. Met takes a while and needs to build in your system. It's not Test Susp. Most of it is a digestion thing, not an instantaneous fullness. Placebo effect at it's finest.

I wish that's how it worked. Met takes a while and needs to build in your system. It's not Test Susp. Most of it is a digestion thing, not an instantaneous fullness. Placebo effect at it's finest.

I cant tolerate METFORMIN myself. It causes me severe diarrhea that never subsides.

no no, not instantly on the first dose, I think it took 3-4 weeks to really kick in for me, but after im saturated I take 500mg and my forearms are fully pumped

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws