over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Contest Prep: the last week

joe bigboy

Newbies
i was wanting some feedback from those of you that compete on my plan for the last week before my show. this is similar to how i've done it in the past with a couple exceptions.
i will switch to distilled water one week out....
Mon, Tue, Wed:
-carb deplete (20:65:15) carbsrotein:fat
-drink 3.5 gallons of water
-sodium about 4000mg on mon/tue and drop to 1500mg wed

Trursday:
-start carb load...taking in about 350g(55:20:25)
-keep water around 3 gallons
-sodium low

Friday:
-1 gallon of water, cutting all water at 3pm
-keep diet same as thursday

*Aldactone: wed-fri @ 50mg/day(25mg am/pm)

Saturday:
-high carb breakfast with just sips of water about 3hrs before prejudging
-50mg aldactone after breakfast
-continue eating high carb foods before going on stage

-after prejudging eat meal of hamburger and fries at around 3pm with very little water, 50mg aldactone after meal if needed

Training the last week:
-last cardio and leg workout on sat one week out
-no ab work this week
light, high rep upper body workouts on sunday tuesday and thursday

this is kinda what i'm planning to do this time. its similar to how i did it in the past but i always started dropping the water intake sooner, i think too soon...
anyway i just wanted to hear from some of you to see what you think of this
thank you!

hummm

Mon-tue-wed..No carbs normal water in take...sodium prod.."stay away" from.
Thur morning..carb load no water just sip. Distilled water
Friday..Same as Thur
Sat...(Day of show) No water keep laoding..
You should look dry and hard...

Take Synthelator 1 hour before you go on stage for extreme vascularity and no cramps.

If you are looking dry without water retention and you are ready to compete, just carb up and DONT CUT THE WATER BRO!!!!!!!!:eek: it is a mistake, you only going to loose weight and size, maybe you are going to look graeat but smaller.

And if you have some water retention you will loose it with the diuretic.

One of my repeated mistakes is when i look great15 to 20 days before the show, i (or my trainer) start cutting water, then stop water intake late night before the show and just sips of water the day of the show, and i only loosed weight, size and my body start water retention in defense.

I just and advise for you to think, i know everybody is different but in my friends who used to cut the water like you sayd and looked incredible on stage, they experimented fullness and size over 5 pounds since they hear my advise.

One friend was competing in the southern states with 216 pounds for 2 years taking 2nd place in heavys, and taking 3 gallons of water until friday and drinking 6 oz water with every meal the same day of the show (eating in the late night and taking 6 oz water) he won the over all with 226 last year.

Good look!!!! and remember the pics

This is GREAT advice, and at the same time TOUGH to follow. Even if hes dry and still drinkin water, its tough to NOT think (i can get drier). I know of a top national competitor that strongly advises to NOT cut water at all, even downs 1/2 a gallon before prejudging before 11am. He advised a guy who beat me, when he told me the guy never cut water even a little, i couldnt believe it.

So many paths to the same destination, how do you figure out which one is best?

bigheinz said:
If you are looking dry without water retention and you are ready to compete, just carb up and DONT CUT THE WATER BRO!!!!!!!!:eek: it is a mistake, you only going to loose weight and size, maybe you are going to look graeat but smaller.

And if you have some water retention you will loose it with the diuretic.

One of my repeated mistakes is when i look great15 to 20 days before the show, i (or my trainer) start cutting water, then stop water intake late night before the show and just sips of water the day of the show, and i only loosed weight, size and my body start water retention in defense.

I just and advise for you to think, i know everybody is different but in my friends who used to cut the water like you sayd and looked incredible on stage, they experimented fullness and size over 5 pounds since they hear my advise.

One friend was competing in the southern states with 216 pounds for 2 years taking 2nd place in heavys, and taking 3 gallons of water until friday and drinking 6 oz water with every meal the same day of the show (eating in the late night and taking 6 oz water) he won the over all with 226 last year.

Good look!!!! and remember the pics

personally...

I would not use the Aldactone. If everything is on and you are in shape, you should not be holding much water at that point. Also I feel its difficult to fill out properly while simultaneously using a diuretic. Dont bother switching to distilled....its pointless. Dont cut water until friday at which point take in at least 8 oz with first 3 meals drop to 6 oz for last 3 and cut completely roughly 12 hours out. Dont drop sodium until Thursday at which point only cut the added stuff.... cutting sodium too much and too early can leave you flat as a pancake. If you think you need a diuretic use something very mild and use it friday night only with last meal and 4-6 oz water. People tend to get all crazy goofy and do these drastic things the last week....carb deplete, carb load, cut sodium, take diuretics, quit drinking water, sit in saunas and then wonder why their body rebels and they look like doodie on stage. If your diet is on and you are in shape, you should not have to go to such lengths. Keep it simple! Just my opinion.

SZ

Big A said:
Take Synthelator 1 hour before you go on stage for extreme vascularity and no cramps.

I cant wait i have some comming for my april 8th show at the State!!

muscle69 said:
I cant wait i have some comming for my april 8th show at the State!!

let us know how it works!!

This is definetly making me think about the whole water thing! I won a show last year and weighed in at 202 the morning of the show (tight but flat, an ok pump) By thursday I weighed 227 watery but Full and felt pumped all day every day. So I know that somewhere between 202 and 227 I could have been full and still hard. I gotta figure this out!!!!!

gtj220 said:
This is definetly making me think about the whole water thing! I won a show last year and weighed in at 202 the morning of the show (tight but flat, an ok pump) By thursday I weighed 227 watery but Full and felt pumped all day every day. So I know that somewhere between 202 and 227 I could have been full and still hard. I gotta figure this out!!!!!

Best thing you can do is to be in shape soon enough to do a couple test runs to see how your body responds. Also keep in mind (as everyone knows) looking big, full and hard in the gym is alot different than looking that same way on stage.

I even question the whole traditional approach of carb depletion and then loading. Its too hit or miss and most people either over deplete and dont have time to fill out or overload and spill. Any of these drastic changes last minute are risky in my opinion.

SZ

SZona said:
Best thing you can do is to be in shape soon enough to do a couple test runs to see how your body responds. Also keep in mind (as everyone knows) looking big, full and hard in the gym is alot different than looking that same way on stage.

I even question the whole traditional approach of carb depletion and then loading. Its too hit or miss and most people either over deplete and dont have time to fill out or overload and spill. Any of these drastic changes last minute are risky in my opinion.

SZ

I know of a man who totally agrees with you. Hes my boss. We will see how it goes when i take this approach this year.... hes very smart so lets see what he can do with me.

Is very difficult to fell the pump when you are deshidrated, and you cant assimilate carbs without water (i dont remember the exact number but i think it is like 1 gram of carb needs 2 molecules of water) and without carbs is no pump.

This is an extreme example: when i competed in the Iron Man with the diahrrea i lost 15 pounds in 2 days (all water with the extreme diarrrea :mad: ) and i was warning up and warning up like crazy trying to get some pump and nothing happends)

Most of people start carbing up and start cutting the water at the same time, and they loose 10 pounds carbing up???? and then they look great the day after the show after drink and eat gaining around 8 to 10 pounds in only the same night after the show drinking diet coke, beer, water, juice, margaritas etc, plus teh hambuerguers cakes ice cream etc...

I cut my water at 5pm the night before my show 3 weeks ago, took 1 aldactized 1 houre before cutting water. Had planed on shitloading but could not sleep so I got up started my shitload at 4.30am with no water thinking that the water would be sucked from under the skin to help store the carbs. Fell asleep woke up 7.30am flat as a pancake. Was scared to drink water cause thought I would splill over.LOL. So had a clean breakfast nice solid Bodybuilding meal plenty of clean carbs and protein and still flat, So on the way to the show I started to drink water to fill out as it was not happening. The more water I took sips to start with the more I filled out. So maby cutting water is good you just have to judge how you look and add water accordenly. Sorry about my spelling.

Big Bapper said:
I cut my water at 5pm the night before my show 3 weeks ago, took 1 aldactized 1 houre before cutting water. Had planed on shitloading but could not sleep so I got up started my shitload at 4.30am with no water thinking that the water would be sucked from under the skin to help store the carbs. Fell asleep woke up 7.30am flat as a pancake. Was scared to drink water cause thought I would splill over.LOL. So had a clean breakfast nice solid Bodybuilding meal plenty of clean carbs and protein and still flat, So on the way to the show I started to drink water to fill out as it was not happening. The more water I took sips to start with the more I filled out. So maby cutting water is good you just have to judge how you look and add water accordenly. Sorry about my spelling.

Bingo. There is no such thing as follow the plan written on paper. Someone who is a good prep guru, or knows how to prep himself is ALWAYS good at assessing the situation and acting accordingly (making adjustments based on what is needed).

Heinz is right, i dont care how many carbs you take in, carbs cant enter the muscles without 2g water per 1g carbs. Muscles are 70% water (pretty sure this figure is right). Sodium is also necessary, but not to the extent most people believe. If you arent using diuretics to deplete your body of sodium, then even if you have lowered it from wed-fri, there is still enough in your body to load up.

Remember... flat is not always becuase you didnt take in enough carbs, it is sometimes (and i believe most of the time) due to lack of water. I learned this the hard way and got it right on my SEVENTH try.

This is a most informative thread. So, if we are taking in 6oz of water with the Friday night meal do you stay away from added sodium or is it ok to do a shitload Friday night with water.

good topic

I am interested in this shit load with water question also, I am competing in the E cup on the 22nd of april, I am planning on shit loading, I will probably deplete for wed, thu, and half of friday befor I load cutting water down to like 12-16 oz with each meal no diaretics, I tried a test run a week ago and was pleased with the results, the one thing I did notice is that my body does need a lot of water to properly fill out. and when I take a diretic it makes me flat, dry and tight but flat

15 days out im starting my sodium load today..........4000mg for 5 days then dropping to 3000 and to 2000 the last week take in about 1000mg a day!! My water will stay the same till about 12 noon on friday.

muscle69 said:
15 days out im starting my sodium load today..........4000mg for 5 days then dropping to 3000 and to 2000 the last week take in about 1000mg a day!! My water will stay the same till about 12 noon on friday.

It will look like this

15 Days Out - Begin sodium loading. Salt or season all meals and eat foods high in sodium.

10 Days Out - Reduce sodium to 4000 mg per day.

5 Days Out - Reduce sodium to 2000 mg per day.

2 Days Out - Reduce sodium to 1500 mg.

1 Day Out - Reduce sodium to 1000 mg.

The thing hapends to me and a lot ( i mean a lot of amateurs and PROS ) is that yo are looking great 20 to 30 days before the show, you know that you have time to loose the last fat and water and the last week you start doing things that you never did in the last 4 to 5 months of prep.

Sodium depletion and load, water reduction, over depleting, etc.

I think (write know in thinking in cold) the only thing that works is stay doing what you are doing geting the lowest fat % you can and do the last carb depeltion and carb load, plus the shit load and the diuretic like some use a sodium-potasium saver diuretic to avoid the get flat.

Some people who use Lasix or demadex sayd that they experience the flat inclusive after got the fullness bc this strong not saver s-p diuretics.

Other says the best diuretics are Moduretic, Diazide or Aldactazide, but not the aldatone, bc aldactone cause a raise of strogens.

bigheinz said:
The thing hapends to me and a lot ( i mean a lot of amateurs and PROS ) is that yo are looking great 20 to 30 days before the show, you know that you have time to loose the last fat and water and the last week you start doing things that you never did in the last 4 to 5 months of prep.

Sodium depletion and load, water reduction, over depleting, etc.

I think (write know in thinking in cold) the only thing that works is stay doing what you are doing geting the lowest fat % you can and do the last carb depeltion and carb load, plus the shit load and the diuretic like some use a sodium-potasium saver diuretic to avoid the get flat.

Some people who use Lasix or demadex sayd that they experience the flat inclusive after got the fullness bc this strong not saver s-p diuretics.

Other says the best diuretics are Moduretic, Diazide or Aldactazide, but not the aldatone, bc aldactone cause a raise of strogens.

I thought the aldactone was so you could lose some water from the AAS? Well thats what i got for my contest. I just thought it would be mild?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear