over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

bodymaster plate loaded squat

E

edge250

any of you guys use this piece, what an amazing piece of equiptment. the boimechanics are perfect. its the closest thing to a real squat i have ever done, matter of fact it feels better than squatting. my hamstrings were even pumped. i'm going to incorporate this machine solely for awhile and see how much my legs grow. much better than smith, leg press or hacks in my opinion. i think squats will always be #1 but when you train alone and dont trust anyone around you to spot this is a better option. also when i get in the 500 range of squats my hips begin to ache. i'm using over 600 on this machine with zero problems anywhere.

yeah.. i have used it a few times.. great machine..

Is that the one you can face in or out on? I love that piece of equipment.

You can also use it to do a reverse hack squat type movement (facing in) for glutes and hams.

no, your thinking of the power squat, dont like it. this you can only face in the machine.

well now we can't be friends.

bodymasters power squat

Attachments

• planet_equipment_057.jpg
    planet_equipment_057.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 25,184
Looks awesome. Why don't you like the powersquat, EDge?

i dont like the power squat because there is very little resistance during the top part of the range of motion due to the angle the machine pivots on. the squat machine is more like a true squat, more up and down rather than sort of a semi-arch. there is a huge difference.

Do they have one at the gym we're going to?

mainevent said:
bodymasters power squat
I also love this machine , i have herniated discs and this takes the pressure right off the only problem with this machine is it doesnt hold enuff weight or at least the one i used only could hold 6 plates each side , i had to load weight on top.

Believe it or not...powertech actually makes one that is somewhat similar to this and it's not that bad. Magnum has one at the house...that's how he built those 33" quads....LOL

Eatbig2getbig said:
Believe it or not...powertech actually makes one that is somewhat similar to this and it's not that bad. Magnum has one at the house...that's how he built those 33" quads....LOL

Yep, and it is THE closest to a real squat I have ever used, IMO You need to call me, heard some rumors about you. ;)

Vander_V said:
I also love this machine , i have herniated discs and this takes the pressure right off the only problem with this machine is it doesnt hold enuff weight or at least the one i used only could hold 6 plates each side , i had to load weight on top.

the bodymaster version holds a ton of plates, i had 6 on each side and there was room for another 6. thats up around 1,000lbs which would be a BIG lift on this machine

Edge250 do you have a website where I could check this peice of equipment out? I am not sure if I have ever used one but they sound awsome!

Okay I am an idiot! LOL, there is a pic about 10 posts up, at least I can safely balme my lack of carbs on why I asked that question this time....:eek: :p :)

Last edited:
Awesome machine. We have one at my gym that is a little more heavy duty. I loaded 9 plates on there for 4-6 reps 3 and 2 weeks out from my show lol, hurt my back more than my quads actually with the compression of my spine... i used it like a front squat, felt much better than the other way.

TooPowerful4u said:
Awesome machine. We have one at my gym that is a little more heavy duty. I loaded 9 plates on there for 4-6 reps 3 and 2 weeks out from my show lol, hurt my back more than my quads actually with the compression of my spine... i used it like a front squat, felt much better than the other way.

the version shown (also the type i use) you cannot face away from the machine, they do have a similar piece of equiptment called a power squat where you can face the machine or turnaround and face the other way. anyone that could do 900 for reps on the machine pictured for reps would have enormous legs

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws