over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hemocrit, RBC's and Polycythemia?

path2greatness

Registered
When on a long cycle including compounds that stimulate this problem, what do people do to prevent or manage this? I was thinking of what it would be like to use eq and test for a longer cycle say 12 wks for the eq and 16-20 for the test. Or how about the guys that stay on test at high hrt and above doses year round plus other aas? How you take care of this?

Last edited:
When on a long cycle including compounds that stimulate this problem, what do people do to prevent or manage this? I was thinking of what it would be like to use eq and test for a longer cycle say 12 wks for the eq and 16-20 for the test. Or how about the guys that stay on test at high hrt and above doses year round plus other aas? How you take care of this?

hematocrit can be a big problem in those that long term cycle and take even moderate doses of compounds like Test Deca EQ Drol Halo Etc. They dope the blood with more cells through stimulating the kidneys to produce more erythropoetin and it stimulates the Bone Marrow to make more RBC's and they live for four months .
So you can see how this problem can compound itself over a few cycles.

A lot of the blood work I see people have hematocrits over 50 most in the mid 50's, some I have seen with 60-65 which is alarming.
The only treatment for high RBC is pulling out blood-i.e. hematologists call it phlebotomy, I call it blood letting.

To keep it under control I advise people to give blood (donate) which will drop your hematocrit by 1.5-3% depending on your hydration level age and size. In the US you can only give once every 54 days to tha red cross, so usually it takes some effort to find another blood bank to donate at 30 days or so. Once a month should keep it under control. I am clean and have been for some time and donate once every 54 days-it's actually good for you to do this anyway -even normal people-as it helps remove bound iron and old RBC's as well as a bit of volume of mass.

Keep an eye on the crit cause it can wreck havoc on your BP and kidneys, plus the risk for stroke and clots goes up a lot as the Red Cell Mass does.

Try to keep the blood thin anyway since bb'ers run on the high end, you can take bromealin or baby aspirin to help keep the blood thin, but physically removing the blood is the only way to reduce hematocrit.

hematocrit can be a big problem in those that long term cycle and take even moderate doses of compounds like Test Deca EQ Drol Halo Etc. They dope the blood with more cells through stimulating the kidneys to produce more erythropoetin and it stimulates the Bone Marrow to make more RBC's and they live for four months .
So you can see how this problem can compound itself over a few cycles.

A lot of the blood work I see people have hematocrits over 50 most in the mid 50's, some I have seen with 60-65 which is alarming.
The only treatment for high RBC is pulling out blood-i.e. hematologists call it phlebotomy, I call it blood letting.

To keep it under control I advise people to give blood (donate) which will drop your hematocrit by 1.5-3% depending on your hydration level age and size. In the US you can only give once every 54 days to tha red cross, so usually it takes some effort to find another blood bank to donate at 30 days or so. Once a month should keep it under control. I am clean and have been for some time and donate once every 54 days-it's actually good for you to do this anyway -even normal people-as it helps remove bound iron and old RBC's as well as a bit of volume of mass.

Keep an eye on the crit cause it can wreck havoc on your BP and kidneys, plus the risk for stroke and clots goes up a lot as the Red Cell Mass does.

Try to keep the blood thin anyway since bb'ers run on the high end, you can take bromealin or baby aspirin to help keep the blood thin, but physically removing the blood is the only way to reduce hematocrit.

Massive for the people who arent clean can they even give blood, how does this work, can it be done, Ive never given blood.

Thanks

Double Red Donation???

Do any of you guys do the Double RBC donations?? Where the just take the RBC and double the amount???

I would think this would be the fastest route. Especially if you have 2 blood bands to go to.

I've been told by an endo that its almost impossible to NOT have elvated RBC,hemocrit and hematocrit when on aas, even an HRT dose. But his advice was to give blood as well and said its not as bad as a problem if you were natural and had this issue as if you are on gear and have the issue.

so having an elevated hematocrit of 47 on aas is worse than having the same hematocrit but natural?

so having an elevated hematocrit of 47 on aas is worse than having the same hematocrit but natural?

Under 50 is generally safe.
The AAS vs non AAS is dependant on sides from the AAS.
So someone on with a 47 and elevated BP is gonna be worse off than someone clean and BP normal.
The crit gets too high it starts raising blood pressure damaging the blood vessels and kidneys and the heart as well.

Something people should keep an eye on along with the standard stuff.

Massive for the people who arent clean can they even give blood, how does this work, can it be done, Ive never given blood.

Thanks
The questionaire asks you if you have ever taken steroids not prescribed to you by your dr.
I say no. My docs over the years told me to donate it's healthy even when on-the residual amounts aren't going to hurt people.
I am not advising people to do this but it's a personal choice.
One thing for sure they test the living hell outta your blood for iron, hemoglobin, crit, every disease known to man AIDS, syphillis, liver enzymes etc. so if something is wrong they will find it. They look for a minimum level of iron, and hematocrit so when I go in they say you got some rich blood! I always go in a bit hydrated and definitely rested-off work outs for 2-3 day so all my blood work is crystal clear for the most part.
On HRT-my hemo stays 45 or so maybe a bit higher, with donations it its 42 or so.

Do any of you guys do the Double RBC donations?? Where the just take the RBC and double the amount???

I would think this would be the fastest route. Especially if you have 2 blood bands to go to.

I have done that C, but then you can only give every 108 days and I lost track of the dates and lost my time to donate. I donated a few weeks ago-the standard pint and it took me like 5 minutes to full the bag. In and out in 30 minutes and most places have Saturday hours.
I don't care what people say my blood is helping to save lives. Around Christmas they were calling and were offering to come to your house and withdraw blood and platlets they are that short.

I just donated double red cells. Damn, my iron was 53. I don't like it that high. The average male reading is in the mid 40's they said.

Yes like Massive said BP is a big factor. If your hemo and hemato are a bit on the higher end but your BP is good then its probably not a huge issue, but elevated BP with elevated rbc,hemo and hemato needs to be fixed.

? for Massive, how often do you recommend giving blood? In the usa its only 56days but what if you go to diff clinics? They cant all have your name right? Isnt it bad for you to give blood too often? Thanks

I've been dealing with this issue recently. The normal adult male range is 42 - 52. I think anything in this range is ok, but the higher end should be kept close track of. You never know if it will go up due to aas usage.

My hematologist was having me donate every two weeks to get mine under control. I was at 56 when I went in. It's down to 45 now without any aas. My BP has also dropped signifigantly.

I think my issue was using 250mg test & deca weekly for a long period. Since my goals are more HRT related, I've decided to leave out the deca and see if that solves the problem.

I recomend to everybody on any anabolics to have a blod test for Factor 5 Blod Disorder(Leidin).
Factor 5 is an inherited disorder of blood clotting is the most common inherited form of thrombophilia. Between 3 to 8 percent of Caucasian population in the USA carry one copy of the Factor 5 mutation in each cell,and about 1 in 5000 people have tow copies of the mutation. Anabolics increases red blood cells and if you have the disorder the risk of getting blood cloths is very high. I know a few bb died from not knowing that they had the disorder. My self I do have the disorder.

My self I do have the disorder.

My docs might think I have this disorder. They are sending me to a hemotologist. My hematocrit is over 50 everytime they check, which has been several times over the past year. I aslo donate blood so I don't know what else could be done.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws