over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New supplement for better workouts...

kingofspades

Registered
I was just wondering if you guys have used this new breakthrough workout supplement. I was in the gym Yesterday and I saw this guy deadlifting, and I could have sworn that he had a dip in his mouth (smokeless tobacco). So I went up to check it out and sure enough he did. I started laughing and he told me it helped him concentrate on his lifts, I just thought this was funny.

I'm not gonna lie, I do dip (I know its bad), but this seemed a little weird. Has anyone else ever seen this?

I chew on occasion and notice a bit of a "speedy" rush when doing it at work but you would be hard pressed to catch me chewin in the gym

i used to dip alot. gave me concentration for sure. if i do it now thou, after not doing it, i get the spins. makes me all loopy hahaha

just get some nicorette and chew during work out. caffeine/and or chocomine + nicotine is an awesome stim combo.

just get some nicorette and chew during work out. caffeine/and or chocomine + nicotine is an awesome stim combo.

why would anyone WANT nicotine in their system?

seriously guys chew and/or nicotine has no place in ANY person's life that cares about their health and appearance

Orbit gum, spearmint or sweetmint flavor!

Yep, I have been chewing gum during workouts for years; not sure why but keeping my mouth moving seems to keep me going and I feel flat without it. However I use Jelly Belly Gumballs, not Orbit; the yellow ones are awesome!

I've been chewing Cope for over 20 years. Trying to give it up. I'm not keeping my dips in as long now. Chewing usually makes my mouth dry when working out. I'd rather my mouth moist so I use Trident. Even when I run I chew gum. Tell that dude to try running 3 miles with a dip in, see how that works for him.

why would anyone WANT nicotine in their system?

Increased metabolism > speeded up fat loss

As aesop said works synergistically with caffeine.

ECA stack + 14 mg nicotine patch = awesome fat loss combo

That's of course if health is not your main concern... :eek: :( :cool:

I was just wondering if you guys have used this new breakthrough workout supplement. I was in the gym Yesterday and I saw this guy deadlifting, and I could have sworn that he had a dip in his mouth (smokeless tobacco). So I went up to check it out and sure enough he did. I started laughing and he told me it helped him concentrate on his lifts, I just thought this was funny.

I'm not gonna lie, I do dip (I know its bad), but this seemed a little weird. Has anyone else ever seen this?

I chewed for 14 years until 2004. For about 2 years in the early 90s I chewed while I trained.... until I was doing bent over laterals one day and a dry piece of chew lodged in my throat as I was taking a huge breath in. I puked my entire breakfast onto the floor instantaneously. That was the last time I chewed while training.

Skip

nicotine helps me concentrate, does anyone know why nicotine (not smoking or smokeless tobacco) is bad for you? if u do go the nicotine route, use gum so its pure nicotine and not the crap they throw into cigarettes and chewing tobacco. ive always thought it was the crap in the cigs and chew that made it bad for ur health not nicotine in and of itself

Nicotine has neuroprotective effects... its use is negatively correlated with Parkinson's and Alzheimer's...

Lots of BBers use nicotine (patches, gum) while dieting, for its stimulant effects and appetite suppression. I believe it also stimulates metabolism.

nicotine helps me concentrate, does anyone know why nicotine (not smoking or smokeless tobacco) is bad for you?

Among other things, it alters your brain chemistry for the worse, causes addiction, raises the likelyhood of cancer, is very bad for your heart e.t.c.

Among other things, it alters your brain chemistry for the worse, causes addiction, raises the likelyhood of cancer, is very bad for your heart e.t.c.

-neuroprotective means it helps defend the brain, so it may alter brain chemistry for the better

-can cause addiction in some

-how does nicotine cause cancer? I know how the shit in smokeless and smoking tobacco can, but can nicotine; if so, how?

-how bad for ur heart and how, what mechanisms are at work

-list the e.t.c.

note: really not trying to be a dick with this post so dont take it as such, if u know more than I do im all ears and u do not need to give me studies and citations

Nicotine is also one of the few drugs that can increase leptin. An extremely powerful fat burning hormone.

-neuroprotective means it helps defend the brain, so it may alter brain chemistry for the better

-can cause addiction in some

-how does nicotine cause cancer? I know how the shit in smokeless and smoking tobacco can, but can nicotine; if so, how?

-how bad for ur heart and how, what mechanisms are at work

-list the e.t.c.

note: really not trying to be a dick with this post so dont take it as such, if u know more than I do im all ears and u do not need to give me studies and citations

I posted it before bed, so i'll try and flesh out what i said a bit more. I'll answer in a slightly different order than i posted, and one also needs to think long term with the effects of the drug in your system.

Addiction - You get addicted (physically and physiologically) to nicotine very easily, thats well documented. Addiction leads to tolerance which causes you to want and need more, leading to increases of side effects associated with higher levels of the drug. As someone who has been through a serious addiction to certain things, i'm always exceptionally warey of anything that causes even the most minor addiction.

Heart - Increases oxidative stress on the tissues, increases the amount of work the heart requires to do for a given workload (through stimulation of the sympathetic ANS causing catecholamine release), increases blood pressure (through increased heart loading), all of which are bad for your heart.

Cancer - (i'm not that well versed on cancer, so please excuse me if this sounds a little clunky) nictoine promotes the development of lung cancers via stimulation of the. Nictoine doesn't appear to cause cancer directly, but it seems to help once cells start heading that way.

Brain chemistry - !besker's post hadn't gone through by the time i'd posted, i was unawares that it had some neuroprotective effects, it's actually very interesting to read about! There also appears to be some relation to reducing dopamine levels in schizophrenic patients, which i find fascinating. But back to the subject at hand before i get too distracted by the biochemistry of mental illness:p

As mentioned before, the brain builds up a tolerance to nicotine that can cause dependance upon the drug for normal functioning (i would consider this a negative change). i've also just read a few studies that there is a link to the persons mood stability and the likelyhood of smoking, though this is a somewhat controversial area of study it seems. There is some suggestion that brain activation in various areas (e.g. frontal lobes) can be affected by nicotine intake.

Personally the negative aspects of nictotine on the brain far outweigh any neuroprotective effect one might gain.

As for e.t.c, i can't honestly remember! My apologies there. I do hope what i've written has cleared things up a bit, if not do say so.

Nicotine inhibits the P-450 enzyme, as I recall, and thus inhibits conversion of Testosterone to Estrogen, by inhibiting the action of the aromatase enzyme. So it could be used as an emergency Anti-E. It also increases lipolysis (fat loss) substantially, through other mechanisms.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear