over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Friggin Insomnia

MightyJohn

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Who here has friggin insomnia too often yet when You actually take enough sleep aids aren't "normal" the next day...?

Who here has friggin insomnia too often yet when You actually take enough sleep aids aren't "normal" the next day...?

This has been a problem of mine on and off for a couple years. Sleep meds just mess me up half the time, or work for a week or two before losing effectiveness. I have found a combo that works well for me though, and leaves me feeling quite refreshed the next day.
I have been taking a melatonin/theanine/vitamin b6 combo supplement, and also 250 - 500 mg of phenibut. I usually only take it 2-4 nights as week as needed. This has been the only combo that works for me without any hangover the next day. On the contrary, I usually feel great the next day.

looking good has some downsides... I hate insomnia, hate it.

Do you take naps during the day? I found that screws up my sleep sometimes.

I can never sleep, never. I was up until about 3:30 this morning, too much on my mind.

Bro, you are definitely not alone here. For several several years I was taking benedryl everynight just to get four to five hours of sleep, and then the next day, I was like a f'ing zombie at work. Then of course are the side affects of too much benedryl, it screws your prostate and causes problems trying to piss. Now I take some other form of genereic over the counter sleep aid. It's tough. have you talked to your doctor about some of the new prescription slee aids. If your condition is serious enough you may consider that.

the fear I have about getting scripted sleep aids is that with one look at Me You know what the Dr's are gonna say as I'm sure most of You go through

Same here. I've had sleeping problems for months now. Anyone know if Test can cause insomnia?

Most docs give out prescriptions for ambien like its candy these days...go get some of that...try the regular first (zolpidiem - generic), and if that doesn't do the trick get the ambien CR (time released). I've had sleep problems for years (>10 yrs), and this is the only thing that works for me. Even if the OTC stuff works for you, you could take the ambien one or two days a week for a *completely* restfull night of sleep.

Sleep can be overrated. Find something to read or to do late into th night.
Usually when I am on strict calorie restricted diet it's hard to sleep at night.
But if you are on calorie restricted diet you are not trying to build muscle so much as to maintain what you have. So, if you have the proper aids (anti-catabolic peptides hormones etc.) you should be able to get by on less sleep and achieve your goals.

I've done melatonin a few times and it does help but I feel groggy the next day. What really worked well for me was I used to take half a valium, slept great and felt fine in the morning.

I used to get hangs over when I took 2 benadryl or 3mg of melatonin, so I started experimenting with taking 1 benadryl and 1mg of melatonin and its working quite well. No hang over if I get 7-8 hours and sleep is much deeper, no tossing and turning.

Last edited:
How about a product with Beta-Phenyl-Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid in it. There are lots out now and many like it.

I tried everything and finally ended up having my doc give me 5mg ambien. I took it every other day for a month and haven't had a problem with sleep since I stopped taking it some months ago.

Did you call me the other day John?

I have a hard time falling asleep and getting up in the morning. I use melatonin, valerian root, phenibut, GABA, and two different OTC sleep aids. I rotate them here and there to help with building up a tolerance. I really chill out on the phenibut, using only 1-2 times a month. I took wayy to much one night and woke up feeling DRUNK.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws