over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tanning.....

marilyn

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
For shows...what is best? Stand up, lay down, or sprays, or tanning products for competitors....and when do you start? (Not including MT2)

Start tanning at least 5 weeks away from your show. Combine stand up, lay down. Be sure to hit the armpits. Outdoor tanning is the best though.

Jan Tana competition tan is top notch, but always ALWAYS use a base of protan. For figure, my gals use at least 5-6 coats of pro-tan, then competition tan the morning of the show. One more coat pro-tan between morning and evening and another coat competition tan.
YOU CAN'T BE TOO DARK.
Be sure to exfoliate prior to the first coat of protan, which will probably be thursday morning prior to a sat show.
Good luck.
I'm sure your hubby will be glad to help with the pro-tan!

Last edited:
standups are the way to go imo, but maybe not for everyone. I use standups because i sweak more in laydowns and it can create a little acne on me, since im laying in sweat till it stops. The standups around here have stronger bulbs than the laydowns so i can tan for shorter time but stay nice and tan. One other reson, i dont really trust the high school girls that clean the bed where i go so i figure id rather only have foot contact rather than full body while im tanning.

I tan pretty easy but I still get a base down if I can.

I love it when I can get Jan Tana to do the actual stage tan. I use to go through all that crap of X coats of Pro-Tan then followed by X coats of Jan Tana. Now if she's there I just get two coats by her and I'm good to go. Sooo much easier. I have never done the Pro-Tan spray, I've seen people who have and it flakes pretty bad afterwards, Jan Tana just fades. Very nice. :cool:

For the bed tanning, I do half on my back, half on my tummy, alternating arms up/down. Sometimes if I'm really bored I will lay on my side then flip to the other side. :eek:

thanks

Start tanning at least 5 weeks away from your show. Combine stand up, lay down. Be sure to hit the armpits. Outdoor tanning is the best though.

Jan Tana competition tan is top notch, but always ALWAYS use a base of protan. For figure, my gals use at least 5-6 coats of pro-tan, then competition tan the morning of the show. One more coat pro-tan between morning and evening and another coat competition tan.
YOU CAN'T BE TOO DARK.
Be sure to exfoliate prior to the first coat of protan, which will probably be thursday morning prior to a sat show.
Good luck.
I'm sure your hubby will be glad to help with the pro-tan!

thats great info, thanks.

Lynx

I tan pretty easy but I still get a base down if I can.

I love it when I can get Jan Tana to do the actual stage tan. I use to go through all that crap of X coats of Pro-Tan then followed by X coats of Jan Tana. Now if she's there I just get two coats by her and I'm good to go. Sooo much easier. I have never done the Pro-Tan spray, I've seen people who have and it flakes pretty bad afterwards, Jan Tana just fades. Very nice. :cool:

For the bed tanning, I do half on my back, half on my tummy, alternating arms up/down. Sometimes if I'm really bored I will lay on my side then flip to the other side. :eek:

LMAO!! Lynx, this is so funny to me, because, I can't keep still...even in the stand ups for 10 min, I feel like I'm in there forever!!! I will move around, twist, squat, dance...in the laydown beds, I usually get up before the timer, and after I've moved around every which way...I cant fall asleep in those.

For shows...what is best? Stand up, lay down, or sprays, or tanning products for competitors....and when do you start? (Not including MT2)

Around here, they have beds call Eurotan, they don't burn you and one tan is equal to 6-8 regular tans. I went 2 times, and already have a decent base tan. Right before the show, I would apply a fake tan for a dark color.

Ive heard the top quality lay-down beds are better because the get your legs and upper body more evenly..and the stand ups apparently dont get your legs as good..

Does anyone have any pro-tan/jan tana tips on application? My bf is doing my tan for me and has'nt done it before..If i remember correctly, you dont apply to the knees or elbows..also..i'll be doing a show a week apart..how do i save my tan inbetween..Lynx mentioned jan tana was better..any suggestions?

Does anyone have any pro-tan/jan tana tips on application? My bf is doing my tan for me and has'nt done it before..If i remember correctly, you dont apply to the knees or elbows..also..i'll be doing a show a week apart..how do i save my tan inbetween..Lynx mentioned jan tana was better..any suggestions?

Save knees elbows feet and hands until Friday evening or Saturday morning.

Here's a complete breakdown of pre-contest prep for a great looking tan

Thursday. Shower, shave, exfoliate. This will be your last shower until Saturday night after the show. No deoderant, skin creams, etc...
Apply 2-3 coats of pro-tan, avoid hands, elbows, knees and feet. Use a hairdryer to help dry between coats.....
be sure to sleep on old sheets and keep a good fan going to stay cool.

Friday morning. Shower but only rinse off. no soap, and pat dry carefully.
2-3 more coats of pro-tan.

Saturday morning. Pro-tan knees, feet, elbows, hands. Jan Tana competition tan application prior to pre-judging.

Between pre-judging and finals, you can re-evaluate your tan. I usually do one more coat of pro-tan and one more coat jan tana before evening show.

Good luck!

Thank you tflexxin...with the pro-tan, do you suggest using the brush that comes with it? or another way of applyin it? is jan tana a creme like dream tan?

Most tanning salons now have two types of beds... UVA & UVB (Almost positive). Both of which will react differently to each person... If the assistant at your salon knows their s*%t they will be able to tell you what will work best for your skin type... Otherwise it can be a waste of $$$... Only reason I know this is my ex worked at a tanning salon during college. Hope this helps

Go to a salon that does airbrush tanning. Have them load the gun with your protan and spray you. Saves a ton of time and much more even coverage.

I normally start tanning about 6 weeks out, and exfoliate 2/week 3 weeks out. I`d apply 1 layer of Jan Tana show tan 2 days out, then another 2 layers 1 day out am/pm. On the day of the contest 1 layer of Jan Tana Competition Tan. Exfoliating and moisturising is very important to achieve a nice even deep colour. Particularly, kness, elbows and ankles need thorough exfoliation prior tanning.

If you use the lay-down which is the one I use cause I am cheap.....:p Make sure to move around or change position every 5 min.

I have done both and I've done the X amount of coats of ProTan and then followed by Jan Tana and it is SO freaking time consuming and boring. At the Shawn Ray show I scheduled a spray tan appointment with Jan Tana and have done it like that since. I hope I NEVER have to go back to the old way again! I was worried with only two coats but it was dark and SO much easier and faster. ProTan also does spray tanning but you need more coats. If you are going to do shows a week apart I would seriously consider doing JanTana as ProTan comes off very chunky and you look like you have a skin disease and might not be completely off by the time you do your second show. JanTana just fades. Just my $0.02 :)

I have done both and I've done the X amount of coats of ProTan and then followed by Jan Tana and it is SO freaking time consuming and boring. At the Shawn Ray show I scheduled a spray tan appointment with Jan Tana and have done it like that since. I hope I NEVER have to go back to the old way again! I was worried with only two coats but it was dark and SO much easier and faster. ProTan also does spray tanning but you need more coats. If you are going to do shows a week apart I would seriously consider doing JanTana as ProTan comes off very chunky and you look like you have a skin disease and might not be completely off by the time you do your second show. JanTana just fades. Just my $0.02 :)

Good info..Thank you Lynx..now the question is..who does that in the Boston area??

What about us poor light skinned people who simply dont tan from using sunbeds and also live in the UK and dont see any sunshine!!!???

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws