Votes: 14 2.7%

• Total voters

Lenny

IFBB PRO / Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Since we all know how important recovery is with regards to muscle growth and strength, I thought I would see how much sleep people currently get? I currently get between 6-8 hours of sleep. My hours for work allow me to get sleep if I choose to turn the damn TV off at night!

One of the largest mistakes I've made was not getting my sleep apnea treated quickly enough.

I get almost exactly 7 hours sleep every night thanks to my good buddy 'ambien'. I used to have insomnia bad but my doc prescribed me ambien and i don't take it every night but it seems to keep my body regulated to almost exactly 7 hours of sleep per night. The problem lies in the timing of that 7 hours. For instance, i fell asleep a bit early last night and was wide awake at 4:15 am which sucks.

I do think my current easy gains are due in large fact to my body not being run down as it was last year getting 5-6.6hrs sleep whilst doing 50 pt sessions a week and dieting for a show..

8-9hrs normal sleep now haseven enabled me to cut caffeine somewhat without missing it:)

i have NO problems falling asleep!! i definitely get a good 8 hours most often.

I definitely grow quicker with 9-10 hours. I like 7-8 at night and an hour or so nap in the day. I always wake up feeling fuller and more recovered with the naps. Any time my schedule doesn't allow a daily nap I try to take 3 grams of ALC a day. It seems to lessen the amount of sleep time I need.

8 hrs min for me

I go to bed early because I get up early. The problem is I never sleep for more then 1.5 hours and then I'm up going to the bathroom, walking around the house to make sure everything is locked. Then I toss and turn and get up again and again to use bathroom, or protein drink, sometimes if I can't fall back to sleep I'll get up and train exactly one hour, shower, have more protein powder and take some xanxa because now I go back to bed and determine how much time I have until I need to get up. I can now fall asleep for a little bit longer about 2 hours. It's a madman cycle, but I've done it for over 20 years.

11:00pm to 6am for me...so 7 hours plus 1 hour nap during the day.

I've been battling the sleep bug, up n down all night for a months. I have been on Ambian, Ambian CR and Lunesta in the past and quit those because of just feeling awful the next day, all drowsy n wasted. Have been trying Tylenol PM recently without much help either.

Anyone have any secret remedies they might suggest aside from scripts n OTC sleep pills???

usually 7 for me, sometimes less, but I try to always to rest when I can.

I go to bed early because I get up early. The problem is I never sleep for more then 1.5 hours and then I'm up going to the bathroom, walking around the house to make sure everything is locked. Then I toss and turn and get up again and again to use bathroom, or protein drink, sometimes if I can't fall back to sleep I'll get up and train exactly one hour, shower, have more protein powder and take some xanxa because now I go back to bed and determine how much time I have until I need to get up. I can now fall asleep for a little bit longer about 2 hours. It's a madman cycle, but I've done it for over 20 years.

Man thats some crazy stuff! What is that called when people have to double check locks and whatnot? I do a lil bit of that myself! LOL

At least 8 and nap through out the day. too much sleep and i seem to be really tired alot, try to listen to what my body is tellin me and gettin them meals in every three while im awake.

I never sleep for more then 1.5 hours and then I'm up going to the bathroom

Same here... and it greatly affects the quality of my sleep. :eek:

That and and the fact I can't go to bed if I'm not dead tired, otherwise I won't fall asleep... which means around 2 to 3 am if not later.

Cumulated I must top at 5 hours max. But I'm used to it so it's ok.

Same here... and it greatly affects the quality of my sleep. :eek:

That and and the fact I can't go to bed if I'm not dead tired, otherwise I won't fall asleep... which means around 2 to 3 am if not later.

Cumulated I must top at 5 hours max. But I'm used to it so it's ok.

Yeah, I guess I am like a zombie when I wake up to go to the bathroom because I swear my wife yells at me every morning for missing the toilet, oops! I better start opening my eyes when I do the bathroom deed, I just try so hard to stay into sleep mode:D

On work nights I try to get to bed by 11 and am up by 7:30 or so... puts me right around 8 hours. On the weekends I'll easily get 10 hours... gotta rest.

edit - I take zinc before bed. I mainly take it for my immune system but I've also noticed it helps with sleep a bit...

Last edited:
For me this week it is hit and miss. I'm not working now so I might sleep a little more. I meditate between 11-12 and get up @ 6AM. I get the children up and off to school meditate for a while and some times dose off for another hour or so. I do wake up a few times here and there. I usually do not eat anything but a protein bar becasue I pound a shake right before bed. I may drink some water though. I hear Lenny with that leak problem. Last nite I was like what the F--k!!! I heard it hit the water, not hit the water, hit the water not hit the water. I turned on the light and noticed a sh-- load of pi$$ in the empty trash can. I said man you gotta be kidding me!!! I just painted that bathroom and cleaned it yesterday. I had to re-clean the can and the floor. I am spakling and re-painting the whole house besides for helping my brother-in-law re-do his house. So now I may get between 6-7 hours. Today I was up @ 6 and by 8:30 I was putting in a new set of stairs for my in-laws. Long day. Sorry for the ramble. I just felt like typing. PAX.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131