YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2 years of pinning, is this my first infection?

king1033

Registered
ok so i hit the glute monday it is now thursday and holy hell the entire muscle is swollen out 2 inches some yellow some bruising when i did pull the pin out some blood squirted out i figured i went through a pretty big vein on the way in, i took a comparison shot of my left glute (non swollen) and my right glute (JLO status lol painful) but i have been pinning for 2 years and havent come across a pain this like it is somewhat tolerable but getting up and sitting down is when i feel it most, im not really worried but to be on the safe side i figured id post the two pics just so if any of you guys out there have had an infection u can let me know right away, it is warm and red but no different in temp then the rest of my body and this morning i was feeling a little sick and skipped out on the gym but i feel good now, ill give it a couple more days cause its usually 3 days after injection i feel injection pain anyways. (by the way i inject 250mg Test e3d as of now) you cant tell but my hips on the right side of my body (swollen side) come out an extra 2-3 inches than the left side (non swollen)

Last edited:
Your just 3 days in... but to me, it looks more like irritation then infection.

Is it warm or hot to the touch? If you think it is infected get a real doc to physically look at it, honestly I can't tell much from your pics bro. Stay calm and keep an eye on it. Try some ibuprofen and/or a cold pack and see if it helps if it feels sore.

The first pic looks like cellulitis. It could just be irritated though. Watch it like a hawk. Be mindful of how you feel also. Watch for chills/fever/sickness. A doctor visit would probably be advisable though. Especially if you have been doing this for 2 years and suddenly a red flag pops up for you on this one injection.

for what its worth, when i was still using aas, that exact same thing happened to me on my first injection. it swelled up hot and red about the size of a football sticking out of my ass. so f'n painful and couldn't get comfortable, even standing. fortunately it went away after several days

generally, irritation will get better. an infection will get worse. watch it closely and monitor any changes. if it doesnt get better in a day or two you should go get it checked out

for what its worth, when i was still using aas, that exact same thing happened to me on my first injection. it swelled up hot and red about the size of a football sticking out of my ass. so f'n painful and couldn't get comfortable, even standing. fortunately it went away after several days

generally, irritation will get better. an infection will get worse. watch it closely and monitor any changes. if it doesnt get better in a day or two you should go get it checked out

Size of a football?

If it wasn't abcessed, that's one very strong reaction.

Could it have been an allergy?

GO TO DOCTOR

If you are feeling sick, and it is warm, it could be CELLULITIS. Do you have a fever? Cellulitis is no joke and could get bad very quickly.

here is a better shot, I feel good health wise nothing outta whack feel good just this darn thing is just massively swollen also this is the first time in a long time i got blood squirting out my theory is the area just filled up with the blood coming out the vein. but take a look better picture here this is taken from the front you can see my hip right under my right obliques it goes down from my side glute towards the hammy. We are on Day 3 by the way when pain and being swollen for me is at its peak usually around day 3 post injection.

Last edited:
Get some cephalexin quick and possible see a doc depending on how that goes.

I mostly used prop but even with E i had strong reactions to everything for a long time. ive honestly had red swollen irritation that was the size of a golf ball or larger. watch it for a day or two. if it is not better in 48 hours you need to go in. an infection will get worse, not better. you will feel sick, nauseous, fever, tired, weak, etc etc etc. ANY of these are cause for concern

if i were a betting man, and i am because i play tons of poker, i'd be the underdog in saying that i think it will get better. i think i'd make a killing

lets have a bet/pool... because i used prop for 3 years worth of cycles off and on and had some bad test e as well, i'm the first one down for that NOT being an infection, if that makes you feel any better

of course, i could be wrong. but i've been doing well lately

all you'll get are some guesses until a little more time passes

i'm the first one down for that NOT being an infection, if that makes you feel any better

of course, i could be wrong. but i've been doing well lately

great advice, you have a hunch its not an infection. very sound reasoning... i'd have to see bloodwork to make that judgment but thats me. it is definitely inflamed and he did recently inject in that area(possibly UG). could be a reaction to something in the gear(BA), could be a large hematoma like king suspects but i would think you would see some bruising, could be infected, could lose his leg, could go systemic, could, could, could, you get the idea... i'd see a doctor.

pin

Not long ago I had multiple locations and multiple mls to move. Me pinned one check too hard and then broken a blood vessel - had much bleeding and discomfort n a nice size bump nearly the size of two fingers in length n width. All the other sites were normal. I used Tiger Balm n icy hot plus heat n cold. Its much better but still not there. Other sites are gtg.
It was discolored and I little bit warmer. I up-ed my NAC - vita C - ibuprofen.
Oh yes I warped a heat pack around myself every night.

Keep an eye on it.

great advice, you have a hunch its not an infection. very sound reasoning... i'd have to see bloodwork to make that judgment but thats me. it is definitely inflamed and he did recently inject in that area(possibly UG). could be a reaction to something in the gear(BA), could be a large hematoma like king suspects but i would think you would see some bruising, could be infected, could lose his leg, could go systemic, could, could, could, you get the idea... i'd see a doctor.

you have no idea how much experience i have with this topic. no clue whatsoever. i understand your stance on the topic and i cannot fault you for that. the only sane recommendation, of course, is to see a doctor.. but i can also say that ive seen this in others and had this happen to me.. oh.. at least a hundred times, and none of those times resulted in infection

1) he said he bled a lot and it bruised up, indicating trauma which would lead to swelling and inflammation

2) this is what, 2 days after? an infection doesn't USUALLY escalate that quickly. sometimes, but generally not

3) do you understand what happens to somebody when they do have a large, deep infection from an IM injection? the sickness, the pain.. if somebody says they feel fine health wise, it is not (yet) an infection

4) the red irritation around the area extends outward pretty far in the picture. usually this is an adverse reaction to solvents or sometimes even the ester depending on the person. it doesn't mean its NOT an infection, but an abcess is much more localized. the pictures aren't the clearest things i've seen but i will say that it COULD be cellulitis

some are recommending heat.... BAD ADVICE THAT IS PARROTED FROM PERSON TO PERSON. when do you ever put heat on inflammation? ice it

monitor it very very closely. as i stated earlier, i could definitely be wrong. im not saying NOT to go to a doctor. what i am saying is.. wait another day and see and be very cautious and observant. if it gets ANY worse, a trip to the ER is in order. My bet is that it gets better, thats all

Last edited:
JUST WOKE UP SWELLING IS 75% LESS than what it was before i went to bed.. I think everything will be ok gonna give it one more day, i feel great health wise so im not alarmed i think it was what i expected hematoma, Plus i do take doxycycline so maybe if an infection was brewing possible it could be halted. but its pratically gone!! i was amazed when i woke up simply amazed. now im scared shitless to do my next injection, bicep here we come. also i assume if inflammation went down soo drastically im feeling things are going to be alright..... but i will keep an eye out. it was just a little random reaction didnt remember inflammation being this bad so i just wanted to be on the safe side and post some pics up.

Last edited:
I used to get sight irritations like that when I pinned test suspension.

I would let a doc look at it. Do you really want to risk the chance of an infection and let it get worse? Then they will have to slice you open to drain it. Not fun. I have seen it. Better safe then sorry.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131