over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How i made my best gains!!

xxsuprman22xx

Registered
No it wasnt the gear. There were two big variables i changed this year. I only lift 3x a week. Yes i know thats hard for some people to do, because they dont feel like they're growing unless they're in the gym. You grow when you rest and feed that muscle when its rebuilding. The second is i added a protien shake to every meal. Im sure i could have just ate more meat and gotten my protein that way but lets face it, not all of us can sit around all day preparing food and eating. Just get the calories in the best you can! I just thought id share....its not always the drugs that make the most pronounced changes. The vets and big boys know this, but ifigured it was worth saying to those who aren't making the advancements they'd hope for or to anybody whose new to bodybuilding. I know this is PROFESSIONAL muscle and all of this is basic info but it seems as though there has been an increase in newbees and felt this was worth saying.

Last edited:
Of course there are many approaches to bodybuilding that differ from what i said. We have some world class bodybuilders here that do things very differntly. However i feel that these are a few basic and EASY to follow principals for someone new to this.

I fully believe it.. Last year I was at a low point weight-wise since I hadn't been lifting or eating good for a few years.. When I'm lazy in that mode thankfully I don't get fat, I get skinny.. So for a new years resolution I decided to start lifting and eating.. I lifted EOD and had a protein shake in between every meal.. I couldn't believe how fast I put the weight back on - it was like almost 30 lbs in 4 months (no gear).. Muscle memory also played a large role tho, as I had previously been that same size a few years back - but this game plan is sure to work for anyone.. Instead of over-training, get that extra day off (as long as you're training hard when you are lifting), and definitely be sure you're getting a substantial amount of protein, whether it's from meat or shakes..

great job superman, thans for the info!

The shake at every meal is similar to adding aminos, it certainly helps with the added cals but it's even better when using a whey protein bc you will then be taking in quite a bit of added leucine as well. I believe B-boy (Brad) uses this approach in the offseason as well.

No it wasnt the gear. There were two big variables i changed this year. I only lift 3x a week. Yes i know thats hard for some people to do, because they dont feel like they're growing unless they're in the gym. You grow when you rest and feed that muscle when its rebuilding. The second is i added a protien shake to every meal. Im sure i could have just ate more meat and gotten my protein that way but lets face it, not all of us can sit around all day preparing food and eating. Just get the calories in the best you can! I just thought id share....its not always the drugs that make the most pronounced changes. The vets and big boys know this, but ifigured it was worth saying to those who aren't making the advancements they'd hope for or to anybody whose new to bodybuilding. I know this is PROFESSIONAL muscle and all of this is basic info but it seems as though there has been an increase in newbees and felt this was worth saying.

Great advice! When you ask the pros around here they will tell you not to do this, but I have many more important things to do on a daily basis than prepare food all day. The protein shakes have always worked for me and are always better than not eating at all.

How much protein in the whey shake do you guys recommend? bout 50g?

For the average bodybuilder, there is nothing wrong with adding a scoop of protein along with every meal. I have done this with great success.

I usually add a scoop (25mg) or whey with my meal. My best gains have come from this approach as well.

I will have some oatmeal, eggs, fat free cheese, and a scoop of whey for breakfast.

3 more whole food meals consisting of protein and carbs before working out. I will try to throw in a scoop of protein as well.

My post workout shake is 75g waxy and 50g whey.

Then whole food meal an hour later.

what was your training like for a 3 days a week program ?

Overall I agree, its hard to only train 3 days a week..But I bet you would grow really well off of that program...

Plus eating like you did, would make a huge impact

I'm curious as to your training split. Would you mind sharing?

How long was one training session, 1.5 - 2 hours? I'm assuming that since your only doing 3x. How about your sets?

Chip

what was your training like for a 3 days a week program ?

Overall I agree, its hard to only train 3 days a week..But I bet you would grow really well off of that program...

Plus eating like you did, would make a huge impact

Personally i dont actually spend all that much time in the gym. Maybe an hr tops with lifting then i'll try and get a little bit of cardio after, 30 mins usually. Its not optimal but if i dont do my cardio then i find that its harder for me to get it in. Thanks to B-Boy i realized that doing a bit of cardio after lifting didnt mean i wasnt going to grow. In fact, Im growing better now then i ever have in the past.

As far as my split goes. Its nothing special. I get a few warm up sets in then go balls to the wall for my working set. I shoot for 8 reps as heavy as i can go. Once i get to 8 i will up the weight accordingly. I record all my lifts in my log book and just try and beat the numbers every week. Whether it be moving up in weight or getting in more reps.

Mon: Back/Bi

Bent Over T-Bar Row
Low Row
Lat Pull Down
DB Curls
BB Curls ( I personally found that my biceps need the extra attention to grow)

Wed: Legs/Abs

ATF Squats
Leg Press
Leg curls
Seated Calf Raises
Weighted Leg Lifts
Then if i have the energy I'll try and get some rope crunches in

Fri: Chest/Sho/Tri

Flat DB Press
Pec Deck
Standing BB Overhead Press
Lat Raises
Single Arm Tricep Extension
Rope Pull Down

Like i said, its obvious that i dont spend all day in the gym, but this routine has been very effective for me. I will keep at it til' i stall then ill tweek it but why fix what aint broken.

i always felt that i've ate enough to grow, but once i added in the extra couple hundred grams of protein that accumulated throughout the day in shakes, I really noticed something sparked and i started to grow like never before. My goal is 5-600 grams of protein each day.

Last edited:
How much protein in the whey shake do you guys recommend? bout 50g?

PWO i go 100 grams (probably overkill)

then 50 grams for the rest throughout the day

Great thread Superman....I believe that is where most of Us lack when not making gains is the protien/calorie deptartment....I think I will give Your idea a try when I bulk up this winter

I train 3x per week out of necessity but like it. I eat 3.5lb log meat let day so should be covered with protein but try to get a little leuicine with meals when I remember. Glad your getting good gains

Forgot to ask what's your total protein

Oh fuck it. Was on top page of threads,not sure how that happened

Oh fuck it. Was on top page of threads,not sure how that happened

Lol. Someone was trying to hit 50 last night bumping all these old friends. Mods deleted his posts.

Eating enough is my biggest problem,,,not so much appetite as time.
I think during my next blast I'll add a 25 gram protein shake to every meal and see where that takes me.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws