over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Blood Pressure....HELP!!!

LPMuscle82

Newbies
Start with a little background info.....never have had high blood pressure previously even after countless cycles....never had gone high then 140/70. I am 5'7 215lbs at 10-12% BF. Been on test cyp for about a year straight now with starting dosage @ 500mg a week. At its highest went up to 1500mg for a couple months but for the past 3 of 4 months i have been back maintaining at 5oo a week. Also 2 weeks ago finished a 20 week run with EQ at 600mg a week and for the past 8 week taking 2 superdrol pills a day...Went to the doctor this morning for a physical and had blood pressure checked. It was 148/98. Doctor got nervous about it and procedded to listen to my heart which said sounded great and then ran a EKG on me which he said looked really good to. Tomorrow I have an appointment to get an Echocardiogram and have my blood work done. Doctor perscribed Triamterene/Hydrochlorothiazide, 1 pill in the morning to get excess fluid out of my system. Taking the whole thing very serious and it has me stressed out quite a bit....wondering how many others have gone through something similar as this and what you have done to get your BP straight again....Thank you to any that can help me with this!

Start with a little background info.....never have had high blood pressure previously even after countless cycles....never had gone high then 140/70. I am 5'7 215lbs at 10-12% BF. Been on test cyp for about a year straight now with starting dosage @ 500mg a week. At its highest went up to 1500mg for a couple months but for the past 3 of 4 months i have been back maintaining at 5oo a week. Also 2 weeks ago finished a 20 week run with EQ at 600mg a week and for the past 8 week taking 2 superdrol pills a day...Went to the doctor this morning for a physical and had blood pressure checked. It was 148/98. Doctor got nervous about it and procedded to listen to my heart which said sounded great and then ran a EKG on me which he said looked really good to. Tomorrow I have an appointment to get an Echocardiogram and have my blood work done. Doctor perscribed Triamterene/Hydrochlorothiazide, 1 pill in the morning to get excess fluid out of my system. Taking the whole thing very serious and it has me stressed out quite a bit....wondering how many others have gone through something similar as this and what you have done to get your BP straight again....Thank you to any that can help me with this!

drop the freaking superdrol. 8 WEEKS!?!?!

and you want to take more meds to counter act the sides of that methylated crap? sorry but this one isn't rocket science

IMO - You might also want to get your RBC (Red Blood Count) checked as EQ has a higher tendency than others to elevate it. This would make your blood thicker and more likely to clot as well. I would suggest some asprin or white willow bark. You may want to consider donating a unit of blood once you clear the other compouds.

guess i should have clarified that i have been off the superdrol for 2 weeks as well.....and by the way JRS....using the S-drol for 8 weeks is no different then someone who uses d-bol or a-bombs for 8....both methylated....if anything the other 2 would be worse on your system....and i never said anything about continuing to use the EQ or the superdrol....the doctor understood what i had been using and that the ONLY thing i was using was the test....only a idiot wouldn't allow for the body to come back in normal range again....when me and the doctor talked he thought that to come off the test at this point would do more damage at this point due to how long i have been on....my thought was to go down to 200mg a week and maintain there for 3 to 6 months before uping the test levels again...not taking anything else for a while....should have explained that before....sorry

just looked at the blood test paper i have to bring with me tomorrow and they will be checking my RBC.

I was 265/180 and had no prior gear use. My echocardiogram showed no thickening of the heart wall. I have been on 2 bp meds for 10 yrs. with no side effects. I am now 120/75 every day. Your numbers don't seem too bad considering the length and amount of use. I don't know how many years I was at 265/180. I hadn't needed medical attention for 20 yrs. and was not monitoring my BP.

I take vit d3 8000 iu a day, 3 grams a day hawthorn berry, and 200mg of coq10 a day, after about a month, this lowered my systolic a solid 30 points, and the other day my bp was 121/71.

oh yeah, wouldn't hurt to take a baby aspirin everyday as well.

He needs to do a therapeutic phlebotomy (donate blood and throw it away if his iron is too high). It will reduce the blood pressure and make you feel 100% better immediately. BTW, the EQ is a main cause of high BP.

all that gear for soo long your lucky nothing worse was in the works of happening and its just high BP!! that much gear for so long can have ill effects on the heart! enlargement being the worst side effect. consider yourself lucky and smarten up!! over a g of test eq AND SUPERDROL. dude with all due respect 215 at 5'7" could of been achieved with WAYYY less test and proper diet ESPECIALLY 10-12%BF, getting from point A to B as fast we can is not always the best idea Exhibit A (this thread)

things to help your high BP
coq10 (ubiquinol)
hawthorne berry
garlic extract
habiscus tea
drink plenty of water as always!

BE CAREFUL!

I was 265/180 and had no prior gear use. My echocardiogram showed no thickening of the heart wall. I have been on 2 bp meds for 10 yrs. with no side effects. I am now 120/75 every day. Your numbers don't seem too bad considering the length and amount of use. I don't know how many years I was at 265/180. I hadn't needed medical attention for 20 yrs. and was not monitoring my BP.

im not sure i understand this maybe, do you have your numbers wright, cuz when they take your pressure it starts at 180 and then down, so over like 190 starts geeting really tight on the arm, do ya maybe mean 165/80? explain this

I would quit the SUPERDROL and see what happens. Ideally you want to be around 120/70

speaking of blood pressure, I was reading about how they tested the blood pressure with powerlifters, and there were doing intravenous bp which is the most accurate, and "under load" some of these guy's blood pressure were hitting 450/280, pretty impressive. I think thats why naturally, long term weightlifters are more likely to develop LVH.

speaking of blood pressure, I was reading about how they tested the blood pressure with powerlifters, and there were doing intravenous bp which is the most accurate, and "under load" some of these guy's blood pressure were hitting 450/280, pretty impressive. I think thats why naturally, long term weightlifters are more likely to develop LVH.

I think that pressure while squating is what might have caused the clot I got while squating last summer and amost died of a heart attack. That pressure can break small plaques loose which can cause a clot.

I think that pressure while squating is what might have caused the clot I got while squating last summer and amost died of a heart attack. That pressure can break small plaques loose which can cause a clot.
Wow is that all you have to talk about...LOL
I think your psychologically scared for life dude.

Wow is that all you have to talk about...LOL
I think your psychologically scared for life dude.

LOL. Hey dude, how's it hangin!

Listen. Try having a heart attack and coming so close to death and see how you feel about the situation. In this post you sound like a total idiot. I am just on here trying to share my experience and get others to think about the risks involved. If I see a post concerning high blood pressure on here I am probably going to try and respond with something constructive. If you do not have anything constructive to add to a thread I suggest you do not post anything at all.

LOL. Hey dude, how's it hangin!

Listen. Try having a heart attack and coming so close to death and see how you feel about the situation. In this post you sound like a total idiot. I am just on here trying to share my experience and get others to think about the risks involved. If I see a post concerning high blood pressure on here I am probably going to try and respond with something constructive. If you do not have anything constructive to add to a thread I suggest you do not post anything at all.

I, for one, appreciate every post of yours in every thread you participate in. How much and how long to use, what training routine is golden, what otc supplements are best, etc is trivial bullshit compared to how to prevent and deal with the very real health risks so that we can keep doing this shit for as long as we can.

FWIW, Jesse Marunde (former World's Strongest Man competitor) died a couple years ago after a hellacious squat workout. It was eerie. He posted before it happened that he was really nervous about the workout for some reason. He was in his late 20s i believe, no older than early 30s

Jon Pall Sigmarsson met the same fate doing deadlifts, though he knew he had a genetic predisposition and was aware he was pushing his luck.

Last edited:
I, for one, appreciate every post of yours in every thread you participate in. How much and how long to use, what training routine is golden, what otc supplements are best, etc is trivial bullshit compared to how to prevent and deal with the very real health risks so that we can keep doing this shit for as long as we can.

FWIW, Jesse Marunde (former World's Strongest Man competitor) died a couple years ago after a hellacious squat workout. It was eerie. He posted before it happened that he was really nervous about the workout for some reason. He was in his late 20s i believe, no older than early 30s

Jon Pall Sigmarsson met the same fate doing deadlifts, though he knew he had a genetic predisposition and was aware he was pushing his luck.

Yes, dying during exercise is nothing new. There is a reason why all gyms require you to sign a statement that you have notified your doctor about your form of exercise and that he/she has given you the go ahead to do it. Less than a month ago the principal of our high school here dropped dead while exercising. It was never revealed what got him, but the heart is usually involved.
After my first set of squats I felt rather fatigued and tired, like I didnt get enough sleep. The second set felt a bit worse, but nothing to alarm. After the third set with 455 I felt a strong sense of nausea and diziness as soon as I racked the weight. It was strange as I didnt feel ill while actually doing the squats. It wasnt until I had racked the weight that I felt it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131