over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LBAs in Contest Prep-Carb question

Flex2019

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
This question has been asked by a few people in different threads but never seems to get answered. Now after reading all of the recent LBA threads, I'm seriously considering making the switch over from the whey that I'm used to. Here's the thing. I'm currently prepping for a comp, 9.5 weeks out. My plan is to use LBAs to replace two or three 50g whey shakes each day. 8 TBSP will get me to 48g protein, which is great, but with an additional 40g carbs. I'm worried about the 80-120g additional daily carbs.

I remember Johnny Smiles saying that he nevers counts the carbs in his LBAs. Is this for any particular reason? Would this still be the case in a contest prep situation? Now I've also read that when using LBAs, it isn't necessary to take as much as you would with a protein like whey. I'm a little confused. My prep is going very well and I'd hate to screw it up. Maybe some of you guys that incorporate LBAs into your prep can help clear this up for me. :confused:

What worked for me in the past was to replace a 50g whey shake with 2oz of LBA's. On paper it's half the amount of protein, but I kept size, strength, and def leaned out.

Uh...no disrespect to Johnny Smiles, but why would he not count those carbs???

I'm not schooled on LBA. So, I can't say for sure. I am schooled in contest prep and I would never have 2 or 3 shakes of anything in a contest meal plan. The sooner you go to all whole foods the better you will look.

Dont fear carbs they are not the enemy. Just know how many you are taking in.

?

I'm not schooled on LBA. So, I can't say for sure. I am schooled in contest prep and I would never have 2 or 3 shakes of anything in a contest meal plan. The sooner you go to all whole foods the better you will look.

You are schooled in contest prep? What school? What degree? Are you a national level competitor? A pro level?

I disagree. There's also absolutely zero science backing up those claims. On the contrary, studies point toward the opposite being true. So.

From what I was told the body does not use the "carbs" in the LBA's as it would use other carbs from food , I think its because their glycerine or somthing. I've read it a couple times here in the various threads

From what I was told the body does not use the "carbs" in the LBA's as it would use other carbs from food , I think its because their glycerine or somthing. I've read it a couple times here in the various threads

Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking. Does anybody know for sure or have any experience here? Phil, what do you have to say about this?

You are schooled in contest prep? What school? What degree? Are you a national level competitor? A pro level?

Yes, the school of experence, 28 shows of bringing myself in while eating whole foods not protein supplement, National level since you ask.

So, you are saying my statement is wrong? So, engineered food is better then whole foods? Or just easier?
I still say the body looks better running on whole foods. Thats MY opinion. Guess not so popular.

Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking. Does anybody know for sure or have any experience here? Phil, what do you have to say about this?

Yes Flex, that's true. Glycerine will not raise blood glucose like other sugars.

Well

Yes, the school of experence, 28 shows of bringing myself in while eating whole foods not protein supplement, National level since you ask.

So, you are saying my statement is wrong? So, engineered food is better then whole foods? Or just easier?
I still say the body looks better running on whole foods. Thats MY opinion. Guess not so popular.

28 shows and NOT ONCE you ever tried an engineered food? NOT ONCE? Do you see anything flawed about that? Have you ever tried anabolic steroids? I don tunderstand how yo ucould clai mold school when you never even tried NEW school...........no offense, but you sound like my old small town doctor.....its no biggie, I am just sort of shocked.

Serge Nubret would agree with you too, and he had one of the greatest physiques ever imo. Your pic shows that its possible to look great without protein supplements, awesome abs

28 shows and NOT ONCE you ever tried an engineered food? NOT ONCE? Do you see anything flawed about that? Have you ever tried anabolic steroids? I don tunderstand how yo ucould clai mold school when you never even tried NEW school...........no offense, but you sound like my old small town doctor.....its no biggie, I am just sort of shocked.

now you are asking if i had used engineered yes, Early in contest prep only 1 or 2 shakes in the early days as iwas learning, then I would pullthrm out and see changes, Why are you sorted shocked? Sure aas find there place at the table of prep if you want to have the look

Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Serge Nubret would agree with you too, and he had one of the greatest physiques ever imo. Your pic shows that its possible to look great without protein supplements, awesome abs

Hold on...........do you remember when he was in the hospital lately.......and from what? Do you really want to say this?? Maybe you arent privy to what I know.......unless you know him presonally

Hold on...........do you remember when he was in the hospital lately.......and from what? Do you really want to say this?? Maybe you arent privy to what I know.......unless you know him presonally

So are you saying Serge current condition has something to do with whole well balanced foods vers fake engineered foods? We are all interested to see the connection.

Oh man

So are you saying Serge current condition has something to do with whole well balanced foods vers fake engineered foods? We are all interested to see the connection.

Are you fucking kidding me? Really? You think I just said he was in the hospital because of whole foods? Is that how your brain works? And now you are waiting for the " connection" ? hahahhahhha What is your full name........let me know who I am talking to then we will talk.

Are you fucking kidding me? Really? You think I just said he was in the hospital because of whole foods? Is that how your brain works? And now you are waiting for the " connection" ? hahahhahhha What is your full name........let me know who I am talking to then we will talk.

Well lets see since the convesation was all about whole food vers engineered foods...Yes, my brain went there! So, why would I not ask for the connection to the converation. Seems to make total since to me. I know nothing about his health. You brought it up. So, enlighten us. You seem to have the paulse on all of this.

Oh

Well lets see since the convesation was all about whole food vers engineered foods...Yes, my brain went there! So, why would I not ask for the connection to the converation. Seems to make total since to me. I know nothing about his health. You brought it up. So, enlighten us. You seem to have the paulse on all of this.

In " since" do you mean sense? Let me understand this.......I say I have private info on someone that no one else here except a few know...... and you want me to tell everyone here? Is that how you do things? I should tell you why? Because you did 28 shows and never turned pro? Should I tell you because you are new here and need to be caught up to speed? I brought up that he looks that way because of " whole foods" .........I am saying its not true...........you decide from there. Now, what is your real name?

Is this the story that ties in with the topic in this thread?
Guess I am clueless. Eat the engineer food for life?
Before Serge was poisoned, he was in one of the best conditions of his life. His physique looked similar to and weighed the same as it had decades earlier at his best.

Because he had no heart attack/stroke and his heart/brain MRI was also normal, we are hoping for recovery of memory and health and that there
is no permanent damage from being poisoned, drugged and sedated. Please send him positive energy and prayers.

Thank you.

The latest word came on July 17 when the Bodybuilding.com forum included this post, supposedly from Nubret himself:

my children poisened me to take my money books and land

they drugging me so I canot talk and lies why i am here
i canot walk i dont want die in hopital
hopital know this and cover up everyting pleas get me out

We have reprinted all of the above posts in their original form, misspellings included.

What exactly happened to Nubret remains to be seen, but one thing that we know for sure is that he was training and looking fantastic for someone his age right before he was felled. The likely speculation was that Nubret was using performance-enhancing drugs for his ‘comeback,’ if you will, which caused him to become ill in the first place. Even if he was using anything, his possible grave present condition would appear to have more causes.

Sad story for sure

Well

Is this the story that ties in with the topic in this thread?
Guess I am clueless. Eat the engineer food for life?
Before Serge was poisoned, he was in one of the best conditions of his life. His physique looked similar to and weighed the same as it had decades earlier at his best.

Because he had no heart attack/stroke and his heart/brain MRI was also normal, we are hoping for recovery of memory and health and that there
is no permanent damage from being poisoned, drugged and sedated. Please send him positive energy and prayers.

Thank you.

The latest word came on July 17 when the Bodybuilding.com forum included this post, supposedly from Nubret himself:

my children poisened me to take my money books and land

they drugging me so I canot talk and lies why i am here
i canot walk i dont want die in hopital
hopital know this and cover up everyting pleas get me out

We have reprinted all of the above posts in their original form, misspellings included.

What exactly happened to Nubret remains to be seen, but one thing that we know for sure is that he was training and looking fantastic for someone his age right before he was felled. The likely speculation was that Nubret was using performance-enhancing drugs for his ‘comeback,’ if you will, which caused him to become ill in the first place. Even if he was using anything, his possible grave present condition would appear to have more causes.

Sad story for sure

You posted this........for whatever reason.........good job..........now, you say whole foods, I say engineered foods..........you say you do winstrol,other AAS, etc.....I say why, if you are so natural and old school......I would like to see REAL PICTURES of yourself.....show me the whole foods way.????

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws