over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lets critique proper form

PHIL HERNON

Banned
Can we post videos of exercises and critique the form? I think it would be beneficial for all........we could all learn a new twist........I have a few tricks to add also......

I think it'd be good.

I should try getting some videos of some lifts that I know I need help with my form on then I could get feedback from the guys on here to help me perfect m form.

I think it's a great idea. I really liked what Az did posting his rack deads and asking people to critique it.

This is Dorian Yates demonstrating proper chest form on exercises. He has a whole series for different bodyparts. Thought this might be beneficial to the forum because it goes along with the proper form topic,

**broken link removed**

This is Dorian Yates demonstrating proper chest form on exercises. He has a whole series for different bodyparts. Thought this might be beneficial to the forum because it goes along with the proper form topic,

**broken link removed**

Everyone Should watch this video right at 19:00.

Exercise & Muscle Directory

I'm not very computer savy, so I don't know if this link will work. But they have a very comprehensive Video library of just about every exercise you could think of and proper form. All free to watch.

I'm not computer savy enough to video/picture myself and put it on this site. Hope this helps contribute to the thread.

I'm going to film a movement or two when I go train, I need to check my form regardless and might as well get some insight from people on what I'm doing.

If I don't post on here by the evening I wussed out lol

This could be the best thread on here. Rather than everyone posting what they look like or being cretiqued i would like to see someone like Phil, Shelby, Dave19, ALex etc.....post videos of what proper actually is.

For one i would love to see the utmost proper form on rope crunches. Several different ways to do this and most are wrong. but this exercise can be very beneficial for the abs.

Just my 2 cents.

Exercise & Muscle Directory

I'm not very computer savy, so I don't know if this link will work. But they have a very comprehensive Video library of just about every exercise you could think of and proper form. All free to watch.

I'm not computer savy enough to video/picture myself and put it on this site. Hope this helps contribute to the thread.

I just wasted 10 minutes staring at that avatar.

Sounds like a great idea. I'll start. I posted this vid on IM about a month ago. It's just a set of curls but its pretty much how I do all my exercises nowadays so if you guys have any tricks for me to get more out of the set, I'd really appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcuup8ED9hk

Last edited:
Brad

Sounds like a great idea. I'll start. I posted this vid on IM about a month ago. It's just a set of curls but its pretty much how I do all my exercises nowadays so if you guys have any tricks for me to get more out of the set, I'd really appreciate it.

YouTube - CURLS by Trueprotein.com ISOM

I would never go all the way down stretched with the arm bicep or Leg bicep either.......BTW, I thought you found the key to bulking with the force feeding chinees food buffets???

I'll start off the comments

1) You are too small
2) You aren't lean enough
3) You are weak
4) The music sucks
5) Your beard/hat/pants/v neck shirt sucks etc etc

OK this is from about an hour ago

Wide Grip Rack Chins +60 lbs. These are a REAL struggle for me and not too long ago I would have been lucky to do bodyweight for 11-20RP.

Did preacher curls and pinwheels before this and I'm flat and watery and did cardio this morning and all those other qualifiers of why I'm not jacked and tan lol

YouTube - Wide Grip Rack Chins

Last edited:

YouTube - CURLS by Trueprotein.com ISOM

you are not utilizing constant tension on the muscle there.
i am with phil. never extend all the way where there is no tension on the muscle. if you didn't go all the way down with those curls and didn't go all the way up but worked to keep tension on the muscle the entire time you wouldnt be able to lift that weight.
yiou are literaly resting at the mottom of those reps and at the top too.
constant tension on the muscle is way to go.
-JS

I would never go all the way down stretched with the arm bicep or Leg bicep either.......BTW, I thought you found the key to bulking with the force feeding chinees food buffets???

Why don't you go for the full stretch on biceps? is it because there is not constant tension on the muscle. Do you try to get a full stretch with other body parts, such as chest?

My take

I'll start off the comments

1) You are too small
2) You aren't lean enough
3) You are weak
4) The music sucks
5) Your beard/hat/pants/v neck shirt sucks etc etc

OK this is from about an hour ago

Wide Grip Rack Chins +60 lbs. These are a REAL struggle for me and not too long ago I would have been lucky to do bodyweight for 11-20RP.

Did preacher curls and pinwheels before this and I'm flat and watery and did cardio this morning and all those other qualifiers of why I'm not jacked and tan lol

YouTube - Wide Grip Rack Chins

MY peepee hurts watching that.......anywho, wide grip for what target muscles? That is not a lat exercise you know........right? Tell me what you are targeting and I will comment further.

Well

Why don't you go for the full stretch on biceps? is it because there is not constant tension on the muscle. Do you try to get a full stretch with other body parts, such as chest?

Because............yes...........no...................nope. What is your definition of full stretch? Do you define full stretch by going as far as possible in each movement?

haha it's a close call on the junk but the EZ curl bar is bent just enough to allow some breathing room

Emphasis on the top part of the lat/teres major area. I use rows and reverse grip hammer strength(I know you don't like this) to target the "meat" of the back mostly. Likely will put medium width or neutral grip pullups in my next phase. Rack chins, pullups, reverse grip pulldowns "width" wise. Barbell rows, dumbbell rows, rack deads "thickness" wise.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88