over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to improve toenails (no homo)

ballennonstop

Banned
First off, this topic is 100% serious. I never had any problems with my toenails or how they look until a few years ago I had problems with ingrown toenails and got both big toes operated on. Around that same time my toenails slowly became more and more brittle. One of my toenails appears to be yellowing, another nail on one of my big toes seems to be growing in thicker than the rest of them. My question is, is there something I am missing as far as hygiene?! I cut my toenails frequently so I don't think that is the reason. I've tried numerous remedies to improve this condition including athletes foot sprays, Nonyx, tea tree oil, etc with no success. I have a feeling this thread is a reach in the dark but has anyone experienced similar symptoms as these and if so have you had any luck treating it? Any insight would be much appreciated...

Plans For Woodworking

I am glad to be a new member the following and this is my very first post. I appear forward to speaking to you all in the following. I am 32 decades aged and I have two kids and my hobbies are woodworking and drawing up plans for woodworking.

you just gave yourself up flip flop bro

Coconut Oil...

First off, this topic is 100% serious. I never had any problems with my toenails or how they look until a few years ago I had problems with ingrown toenails and got both big toes operated on. Around that same time my toenails slowly became more and more brittle. One of my toenails appears to be yellowing, another nail on one of my big toes seems to be growing in thicker than the rest of them. My question is, is there something I am missing as far as hygiene?! I cut my toenails frequently so I don't think that is the reason. I've tried numerous remedies to improve this condition including athletes foot sprays, Nonyx, tea tree oil, etc with no success. I have a feeling this thread is a reach in the dark but has anyone experienced similar symptoms as these and if so have you had any luck treating it? Any insight would be much appreciated...

1) Apply coconut oil to each toenail before going to bed. Wear socks to bed.

2) Kefir, 1 cup/day

3) Coconut oil, oral, 1-2 tablespoons/day

4) Go barefoot as much as possible.

Re-assess after a month... I think you'll see a difference! #1 is the main one.

possible fungal infection

this is completely normal and most common foot problem- sounds like a fungal infection. The nail will be brittle, thicker, discolored (yellow, green) and can have subungual debree (junk under nail). The fungus is live and lives under your nail- cant hurt you but looks ugly.

A less likely diagnose would be from the trauma caused by your toe surgery but not likely- they would have had to damage the nail bed (the part that looks like the half moon).

Fungal infections does have to do with hygiene- you get this from other people- like walking around the gym locker room. pool, common area without flip flops. Even someone in the house can have it and you can pass it on from the shower.

Dont worry about passing this on unless you have small kids or people with immuncompromised (poor immune system such as diabetic, older, sick) in the house. - then wear flip flops in the shower and when you trim your nails- do it in a non-common area that is not used.

treatment: fast- lamisil 250mg prescription strength- nothing over the counter- to get it from your doc- you need to do a liver test- making sure you don't have any problems with your liver. Its been proven to cause liver damage (minor). Don't let that scare you- it works on toenails and hand nails. by the way- this can spread from one nail to another.. and then to your hands. Takes about 2-4 weeks to work. You will need a month and half supply to start and then you can repeat if needed once more per year.

if you have liver damage you have no choice but to use topical..
tea tree oil has shown to work about 6% after using it daily for 6-9months daily. All these topical stuff you have to remove the surface of nail and then apply.

Penlac is another that works about 15% and is over the counter- takes 6-9 months as well, use it daily. Prescription penlac is expensive and not that much more effective.

Stone

Fungal fighter...

this is completely normal and most common foot problem- sounds like a fungal infection. The nail will be brittle, thicker, discolored (yellow, green) and can have subungual debree (junk under nail). The fungus is live and lives under your nail- cant hurt you but looks ugly.

A less likely diagnose would be from the trauma caused by your toe surgery but not likely- they would have had to damage the nail bed (the part that looks like the half moon).

Fungal infections does have to do with hygiene- you get this from other people- like walking around the gym locker room. pool, common area without flip flops. Even someone in the house can have it and you can pass it on from the shower.

Dont worry about passing this on unless you have small kids or people with immuncompromised (poor immune system such as diabetic, older, sick) in the house. - then wear flip flops in the shower and when you trim your nails- do it in a non-common area that is not used.

treatment: fast- lamisil 250mg prescription strength- nothing over the counter- to get it from your doc- you need to do a liver test- making sure you don't have any problems with your liver. Its been proven to cause liver damage (minor). Don't let that scare you- it works on toenails and hand nails. by the way- this can spread from one nail to another.. and then to your hands. Takes about 2-4 weeks to work. You will need a month and half supply to start and then you can repeat if needed once more per year.

if you have liver damage you have no choice but to use topical..
tea tree oil has shown to work about 6% after using it daily for 6-9months daily. All these topical stuff you have to remove the surface of nail and then apply.

Penlac is another that works about 15% and is over the counter- takes 6-9 months as well, use it daily. Prescription penlac is expensive and not that much more effective.

Stone

Yes, that's why I suggested the coconut oil... great anti-fungal!

Also, try a few drops of tea tree oil on the nail as well. Tea tree oil has helped every skin/nail infection for me.

I am glad to be a new member the following and this is my very first post. I appear forward to speaking to you all in the following. I am 32 decades aged and I have two kids and my hobbies are woodworking and drawing up plans for woodworking.
Yeah.... that should help his problem:(

32 DECADES = 320 years. What is your secret?

Kefir helps with toe nail growth ?? Damn it that explains alot lol

Explanation...

Kefir helps with toe nail growth ?? Damn it that explains alot lol

It's more for the anti-fungal qualities it has. Excellent to fight candida which in turn will help with cravings also.

all that topical stuff is a) very weak, b) not very effective, and c) having to clean/scrub your nails every day, apply oils, wear socks to bed, etc etc and that for 9 months is a task many people do not follow through on. I know since my mother has toe fungus on her big toes and has had it for over 30 years now. She refuses to take any pills like lamisil since they have a SERIOUSLY bad reputation for liver damage.

But as far as I am concerned, getting some prescription stuff is the only way to go if you EVER want the problem solved. I would take bukoo liver protection, i.e. milk thistle, liv 52 and SNYTHERGINE.

Okay?!?! is "woodworking" some type of underground gay code for something else??

This may sound odd, but I know a few people that apply Vics Vaporub topically and it worked like a charm. Google it.

Blackberry

When you buy a new phone, chances are it'll be locked to the network you bought it on, and if you try to put another network's Sim card in it simply won't function.

Unlocking your mobile enables the phone to be used with any compatible Sim card on any network, which gives you these benefits:

* Promotional deals. Often networks give away free Sim cards, these can come with free texts or calls. Yet if your phone isn't unlocked you can't put the Sims in your phone and take advantage. Any decent free Sim offers are included in the free weekly MoneySaving email.

* A cheaper tariff. If you like your phone but don't have a good deal, unlocking it allows you to keep the phone but switch to another network. And the fact you don't need a new phone should enable you to get a better tariff. See Cheap Mobiles for more info.

* Added value. Unlocked phones sell for more on eBay, because they have much wider appeal to users on other networks and in other countries.

* Freedom to roam. Unlocking extends to many foreign Sim cards too, so you can totally eschew the UK networks' expensive overseas rates by getting a local Sim card everywhere you go. See Cheap Roaming for more Samsung S3370 IMEI Unlock Codes .

Visit: IMEISimUnlock.com - IMEI Sim Unlock Any Cell Phone Online with Cheap Remote IMEI Unlock Codes from the #1 SIM Unlocking Company on the web. IMEI SIM Unlock at Home for USA, UK, Canada, Australia, France, Europe, Asia and others. Most networks Att, vo

nails

I had the same thing and used vicks vapor rub on my nails every day, took about 3 months to clear it up.

Pain but worth it...

Sure, putting stuff on toes every night and socks, etc... annoying, yeah... worth it though... yup!

Vicks- good deal, I read that too.

Wow thanks for all the responses guys, I truly appreciate it. I should have included that I went thru a 6 month OCD-like phase of battling these problems three years ago. I took Lamisil (I think it was generic Torebinafine sp?), Tea Tree Oil, Nonyx, AND Vicks Vaporub at the same time. I spent a good half hour every day soaking my feet in Epsom salts and applying these topical creams. I think it may have helped but not dramatically. If you saw my feet they're not that bad; I think it's more prevention than anything else because my father has the raunchiest, thick yellow, fungal-growing, sideways-sprouting toenails I have ever seen in my life! Luckily I still have all these products to use at my disposal. What is Kefir? I have never heard of it. Thanks again for all the feedback guys...

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear