over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interstitial cystitis

Grit

Registered
Anybody else suffer from this condition ? Would like to know how you cope.

Sure. It is a condition of the bladder.The bladder has a mucus like coating covering the inside . The coating is a protien that forms a barrier between the bladder walls and the stored urine. For people with this condition they don't produce this protien and therefore the urine in the bladder makes contact with the bladder wall. This causes problems due to the acidity and toxins in the urine, it becomes a severe irratint. It then causes the bladder to hemrage it causes swelling and scaring. The swelling causes at times extreme pain as it pushes on other organs aswell for me existing hernias. It is also a cause of frequent urination and the sense of needing to urinate , because the bladder looses its capacity and wants to pass it as soon as it arrives. It can be quite litterally exauhsting urinating up to 20 times a day which are extremlly acidic. Its like pissing Carosine! It is not as common in men as in women and is often misdiagnost as a prostate issue.
There is no cure and the treatments are no bargain. There are some oral drugs that have had some success(not for me). There is a procedure done under anethesia were they send a Cath up through the penis into the bladder then over fill the bladder in order to strech it out. Because the condition causes scaring inside the bladder the bladder has les elasticity. I had this done and benifeted from it for only a short time. There is also a treatment that involves having to be cathed once a week for the first month then every other and so on. I am not willing to do this until I have exauhsted all other options. I have to take pain meds to get any relief which have adverse side effects of there own (hate them). So thats it . It is at times debilatating. Times like tonight were I can't even train. It can cause anxiety and depression in the sufferer. Here is a link if anyone wants more info

Interstitial cystitis: Complications - MayoClinic.com

Man, I feel for you. I watched my mom suffer through that until she finally had to get her bladder removed. I know she was operated on 12 times and nothing worked until the removal. I also know if you have it removed you can't lift any heavy weight because of the ostemy on your side. I don't know what to say to encourage you because you're dealing with something extremely vicious. Stay strong and make sure you have alot of support, your gonna need it. Peace.

Sorry to hear your mom had to go through that man. Its not only the person with the condition that suffers but the people around them aswell. I know I am not as patient with loved ones and friends due to the constant irratation. My prayers for you and yours . Thanks for the response this can be a lonely place because most don't know about the condition and have difficullty understanding it ,so thanks.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131