over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

UDCA for liver

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
Whats the deal with this stuff? Anyone try it. Supposedly its one of the best things you can take for reversing any liver damage from aas and preventing any damage.

Ursodeoxycholic acid?

Ursodiol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In double the recommended daily dose ursodeoxycholic acid reduces elevated liver enzyme levels in patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis, but its use was associated with an increased risk of serious adverse events (the development of cirrhosis, varices, death or liver transplantation) in patients who received ursodeoxycholic acid compared with those who received placebo). After adjustment for baseline stratification characteristics, the risk was 2.1 times greater for death,transplantation, or minimal listing criteria in patients on ursodeoxycholic acid than for those on placebo (P = 0.038). Serious adverse events, were more common in the ursodeoxycholic acid group than the placebo group (63% versus 37% [P < 0.01])).

That all looks good and may be correct, but I'd never rely on Wikipedia for 100% accurate information. Especially when your health is concerned!

I know in Australia at least, Wikipedia isn't recognized as a valid source of information by any university.

---------------------------------

Mexican doctors managed to repair a bodybuilder's damaged liver using the bile acid ursodeoxycholic acid, UDCA for short. UDCA is a cholesterol regulator that humans manufacture in small quantities in the body. Doctors and supplements manufacturers use a synthetic version of the substance. The full name for UDCA is 3alpha,7beta dihydroxy 5alpha cholan 24-oic acid.

[Structure below]

The 29-year-old bodybuilder had been suffering from stomach pain for two months. Two weeks before he went to the doctor he also developed jaundice and itching. He had lost fourteen kilograms (30.8Lbs).

The doctors discovered that his liver was in a bad way. The steroids the bodybuilder had been taking had given him cholestasis, a condition in which the ducts in the liver become inflamed and therefore cannot remove bile to the duodenum. Bile removes cholesterol from the body.

Before becoming ill, the bodybuilder had taken a three-month course of 25 mg of proviron per day, 40 mg of andriol per day, 30 mg of deca per day, 50 mg of oxymetholone per day and 800 mg of testosterone per week.

The doctors got the bodybuilder to stop taking the steroids and gave him a daily 15 mg per kg body weight of ursodeoxycholic acid. Ursodiol, as it is also called, removes poisonous bile acids and possibly also steroids from the liver by competition - and thus stimulates the recovery of the ducts through which the liver sends the bile acid to the duodenum in the gut. It took a couple of months but the bodybuilder’s liver function recovered.

Alb = albumin; ALT = alanine aminotransferase; AP = alkaline phosphatase; AST = aspartate aminotransferase; DB = direct bilirubin; GGT = gamma-glutamyltransferase; PT = prothrombin time; TB = total bilirubin; TPT = partial thromboplastin time.

Sources:
Liver Int. 2008 Feb;28(2):278-82.

Attachments

• cutandpaste.gif
    cutandpaste.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 1,551
Last edited:
That all looks good and may be correct, but I'd never rely on Wikipedia for 100% accurate information. Especially when your health is concerned!

I know in Australia at least, Wikipedia isn't recognized as a valid source of information by any university.
I don't think it's considered a valid source anywhere. Although, I have to admit, I do tend to begin my research there. I find that often there are quite a few interesting scholarly journal references and I will usually check those out.

bump.

Anyone using this stuff? Any bloodwork results after using? Interested in getting some real use information

Wikipedia gave Bobby Biceps credit for Stonehenge, overthrowing the Ottoman Empire and writing most of Richard Nixon's speeches. It was really tough to make them stop!!!

take a look at polyenylphosphatidyicholine or essential e forte n, and allochol
I think PPC is a script and has alot of look alikes it seems i am try to get the real deal. my liver values are horrible on tren and also am lookin for a better way

I've had issues with high liver numbers before and the doctors usually give me UDCA. It always brings them down to reasonable levels.

is it a perscription only med?

Is this perscription only medication?

My alt is always too high.

Several places online sell it in powder form. If you're cool with your doctor you can probably get a prescription for it. Alternatively, if you're cool with your vet you can also get a prescription for it that way.

I'm currently using it while running epi but I do not have any blood work. I'm more or less using it just as a safety precaution.

Does anybody know if UDCA or TUDCA is more effective mg for mg? I read conflicting things online.

Rui-products.com sells UDCA capsules

TUDCA caps are also readily available from many places for fairly cheap as well. TUDCA is legal to sell as a supplement and is not a "research chem". TUDCA/NAC/ALA is a good cheap stack.

TUDCA caps are also readily available from many places for fairly cheap as well. TUDCA is legal to sell as a supplement and is not a "research chem". TUDCA/NAC/ALA is a good cheap stack.

From what I understand TUDCA and UDCA are very different.

That cycle in the article didn't seem that crazy.

I have been preaching about TUDCAand NAC for weeks now. Take at least 1000mg of TUDCA and 3000mg of NAC and your liver will love you for life. Make sure to know your company you order from as I have seen actual testing of fake products sold, I use the Omega Sports one as I feel they have a solid brand for qlty roducts

Last edited:
All clear...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner