Votes: 59 18.5%
  • It's good for increasing sex drive

Votes: 96 30.1%
  • It's useless

Votes: 186 58.3%

• Total voters

AJW91

Registered
It needs to be BULGARIAN and standardized to contain at least 20% Protodioscin(the active steroidal saponin). Studies have shown that Tribulus from different soils in different geographical locations will produce variations in Protodioscin levels, as well as other Frustanol Saponins.

All of the studies showing that Tribulus is not effective did not use a standardized Bulgarian extract. This effect has been documented, and Tribulus has also been proven to increase Testosterone in primates.

I've been using Tribestan for years, it's actually a pharmaceutical-grade product.

Also, would anyone recommend this as a stand alone supplement? What about stacked with other legal supplements? What about stacked with steroids?

Supposedly, trib has not stood up in controlled studies when it comes to its test-boosting effects. What are people's thoughts on this? Were the controlled studies somehow off (e.g. were the testing periods too short)?

Also, would anyone recommend this as a stand alone supplement? What about stacked with other legal supplements? What about stacked with steroids?

Supposedly, trib has not stood up in controlled studies when it comes to its test-boosting effects. What are people's thoughts on this? Were the controlled studies somehow off (e.g. were the testing periods too short)?

As I said above, those studies were flawed. They didn't use a Bulgarian standardized extract.

It needs to be BULGARIAN and standardized to contain at least 20% Protodioscin(the active steroidal saponin). Studies have shown that Tribulus from different soils in different geographical locations will produce variations in Protodioscin levels, as well as other Frustanol Saponins.

All of the studies showing that Tribulus is not effective did not use a standardized Bulgarian extract. This effect has been documented, and Tribulus has also been proven to increase Testosterone in primates.

I've been using Tribestan for years, it's actually a pharmaceutical-grade product.

So what about the TrueProtein trib? Supposedly it has a 70% saponin content.

EDIT: Do you know Tribestan works because you've gotten bloodwork to prove it?

Imo, it might be ok for natties but if you have been suppressed by the juice than forget about it.

Well after reading Jamie recommend it in his chaosandpain blog, I decided to try Vitamin Shoppe brand tribulus and longjax. Not sure which one is causing it, but my balls are noticeably hanging to the max. We'll see if I get any strength increases.

Imo, it might be ok for natties but if you have been suppressed by the juice than forget about it.
It is purported to raise test levels to normal. How it knows what is normal is beyond me.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...e-forum/47531-tribestan-good-read-emeric.html

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...esnt-increase-t-according-doping-hunters.html

Yes, is to increse libido (sex drive) and sperm production, Tribestan works on test levels only when the testosteron level is lower than normal range, Tribestan is not a prohormone.

"The reason why Tribestan works so well is because it is not an external source of testosterone or a precursor to testosterone. It doesn't supply testosterone. It stimulates your body to produce more of its own testosterone. And even in situations where people are taking steroids and their natural testosterone production has diminished, it can raise testosterone production back up to normal levels. But beyond use for bodybuilders and steroid users suffering from low testosterone levels, Tribestan was originally used to treat impotency and sexual dysfunction. It wasn't even designed for bodybuilders. Only after test subjects used it and reported gains in muscle size and strength was it seen as a sports supplement."

I always feel better after a few weeks of Tribestan. Placebo?

Last edited:
It's obviously really pissy weak compared to 'the juice' but I do like to use it on 'off cycles' & when having a break & I find it can help give u a little extra push when training....Over here in UK we have a brand with 90% saponins- that is the one I use!! Even though it is quite weak it defo has some effect & if you neck too many for too long u actually start 2 get itchy nipples too- not very scientific I know, but it's obviously having an effect!!

It's obviously really pissy weak compared to 'the juice' but I do like to use it on 'off cycles' & when having a break & I find it can help give u a little extra push when training....Over here in UK we have a brand with 90% saponins- that is the one I use!! Even though it is quite weak it defo has some effect & if you neck too many for too long u actually start 2 get itchy nipples too- not very scientific I know, but it's obviously having an effect!!

CAUTION**

90% SAPONINS means nothing. There is ONLY ONE saponin that we care about, and that is the steroidal saponin called Protodioscin.

DO NOT BE FOOLED! Make sure your Tribulus extract is standardized for at least 10-20% PROTODIOSCIN--NOT TOTAL SAPONINS.

It has it's uses. If your natty for alittle boost. And during off periods for people who use. Nothing amazing but it definately works. I use Protodioscin but it's been awhile. More expensive than standard tribulus but definately worth the extra money.

CAUTION**

90% SAPONINS means nothing. There is ONLY ONE saponin that we care about, and that is the steroidal saponin called Protodioscin.

DO NOT BE FOOLED! Make sure your Tribulus extract is standardized for at least 10-20% PROTODIOSCIN--NOT TOTAL SAPONINS.

Lol you're pushing this like a company rep. Got any vested interest we don't know about? Where are the studies?

the RIGHT brand at the RIGHT dosage

will GREATLY lessen the dreaded "coming off" nightmare

that we ALL hate....

this is always added in to my personal pct protocol
with GREAT results

:cool:

JUNK

I my opinion and having used Tribestan and other Tribilus products, I think it is garbage. I have never known anyway that has become strong or add more muscle from using Trib.

I suggest, sending me your money if you are going to buy it.

Why not just use low dose clomid ED for a test boost? Much cheaper too...that Tribestan is $$$$

Well, you don't add oil to your engine when you run out of gasoline and you don't add gasoline when you're low on oil. Such is Tribestan, a very effective product when used properly and for it's true, intended purpose (to raise sagging test levels back up to 'normal').

I still feel it has other beneficial effects that are related to bodybuilding.

I use trib post cycle and it really doesn't do anything beside make me horny, but I did notice test levels were a little more elevated than prior blood work and that's taking 2000 mg of tribulus a day

works for me between cycles for a little extra sex drive

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner