over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How bodybuilding made me a super genious

particleacc

Registered
My wife went to the hospital last year from severe lower abdominal pain and bloating. It was found out she had a burst ovarian cyst. She mentioned that this had happened before. A few months ago, she went to see her doctor with extreme lower abdominal pain. After much research (on my part) on her symptoms, (missed periods with no pregnancy, constant tending to a "mustache", increased abdominal fat, etc., etc.) I (the high school drop out) diagnosed her with PCOS. I finally told the doctor which tests to order to confirm MY diagnosis.

When an ultrasound confirmed 6 ovarian cysts and an inflamed left ovary twice the size of her right, he said I might just be right. I then explained to him that she needed a script for Metformin. HOWEVER, he said that her lower abdominal pain was probably caused by an intestinal problem (IN SPITE OF THE ULTRASOUND PICS IN HIS FACE!!!!) and prescribed her a drug for, are you ready for this???? IBS!!!!

I have trained many people over the years after winning my first competitions and people asking me to train them. I always knew exactly how to adjust their workout for their goals. I was with one girl who I helped lose 60 pounds of fat in 3 months and add a good deal of muscle (she still looked quite girly and not the "bulked" look that so many girls fear!). However, training my wife, I saw her work her ASS off so hard, follow my strict diet for her, yet only make TINY, very slow progress. It baffled me until I did the research and found the imbalance of hormones this condition causes. Then it finally came together.

Any way, after shopping for any doctor with a brain, we finally got her to a doctor that, within TWO minutes of explaining the symptoms, MY diagnosis and recommendation of drug, wrote the script.

I just hope that I am never disabled to the point of not speaking and relying on HOPE that I get the right doctor to treat me without listening to MY take first. I have a GREAT respect for the medical profession, but when we don't just have a cut on our finger that needs a bandage, are they really paying attention?

Oh, one final note. When my wife filled the first doctor in on all the research her husband had done and his experience, as he wrote out the script for an IBS drug (AFTER CONFIRMING MMMMMMYYYYY DIAGNOSIS!!!!!) he said, "well, you can't believe everything you read on the internet"!!!!

My wife went to the hospital last year from severe lower abdominal pain and bloating. It was found out she had a burst ovarian cyst. She mentioned that this had happened before. A few months ago, she went to see her doctor with extreme lower abdominal pain. After much research (on my part) on her symptoms, (missed periods with no pregnancy, constant tending to a "mustache", increased abdominal fat, etc., etc.) I (the high school drop out) diagnosed her with PCOS. I finally told the doctor which tests to order to confirm MY diagnosis.

When an ultrasound confirmed 6 ovarian cysts and an inflamed left ovary twice the size of her right, he said I might just be right. I then explained to him that she needed a script for Metformin. HOWEVER, he said that her lower abdominal pain was probably caused by an intestinal problem (IN SPITE OF THE ULTRASOUND PICS IN HIS FACE!!!!) and prescribed her a drug for, are you ready for this???? IBS!!!!

I have trained many people over the years after winning my first competitions and people asking me to train them. I always knew exactly how to adjust their workout for their goals. I was with one girl who I helped lose 60 pounds of fat in 3 months and add a good deal of muscle (she still looked quite girly and not the "bulked" look that so many girls fear!). However, training my wife, I saw her work her ASS off so hard, follow my strict diet for her, yet only make TINY, very slow progress. It baffled me until I did the research and found the imbalance of hormones this condition causes. Then it finally came together.

Any way, after shopping for any doctor with a brain, we finally got her to a doctor that, within TWO minutes of explaining the symptoms, MY diagnosis and recommendation of drug, wrote the script.

I just hope that I am never disabled to the point of not speaking and relying on HOPE that I get the right doctor to treat me without listening to MY take first. I have a GREAT respect for the medical profession, but when we don't just have a cut on our finger that needs a bandage, are they really paying attention?

Oh, one final note. When my wife filled the first doctor in on all the research her husband had done and his experience, as he wrote out the script for an IBS drug (AFTER CONFIRMING MMMMMMYYYYY DIAGNOSIS!!!!!) he said, "well, you can't believe everything you read on the internet"!!!!

Yeah docs are put on a pedestal in our society but a lot of them are complete dumbasses. Well done on the diagnosis.

Theres an old quote I love

"50% of what they teach you in medical school is bullshit, unfortunately no one knows which half"

Can you explain why she was put on metformin for ovarian cyst? I've only seen it used for diabetes. My wife also gets ovarian cysts regularly and has endometriosis. They put her on birth control for the cyst and started giving her the depo shots for her endo.

OK, well bear in mind, I'M NO DOCTOR, but her cysts were just one of many symptoms that she had. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is an imbalance of hormones. Symptoms include obesity, excess "male-like" hair growth, infertility, irregular periods, as well as the constant development of multiple ovarian cysts.

The syndrome causes excess testosterone (which I thought would be a good thing!), insulin insensitivity, and other hormone issues. Basically, she had been suffering with the issues since her teens. One of my main clues was her extreme difficulty losing weight. I saw her working her ass off in the gym and following the diet I gave her perfectly, with results only trickling in. I couldn't understand it. She was actually getting stronger and putting on some muscle (due, most likely to the increased test), but the fat was just not coming off anywhere near the rate I've been able to make happen in others.

Women with this condition are at a high risk for diabetes and heart problems, due to the imbalance of hormones in their system. Obviously, irregular or absent periods and infertility is a huge issue for most young women as well.

She was put on biirth control pills to try to help regulate her periods. However, it all came to a head when her ovary became so inflamed, it started to twist, a condition that could cut off blood supply to it and make it die, requiring surgical removal. This is when I kicked up the research and found how everything fit. However, like I said, even after confirming my diagnosis with ultrasound and blood tests, this frickin' moron wanted to give her a drug for Irritable Bowel Syndrome!!!! Although she objected, not wanting to go through multiple rounds of test after test, we went doctor shopping until we found a doctor who basically said, "Oh, you have PCOS? Well, yes, of course you should be on Metformin".

Any way, test are needed to confirm the syndrome and if your wife has the other symptoms mentioned, it would be a good idea to have them done. Good luck.

Reminds me of arthritis meds that cause more joint problems eventually leading to the need for surgery, that is handled by another med that cause intestinal problems. Doctors are continually baffled by the intestinal problems and try to treat it with more drugs. The real problem is the arthritis med and looking for alternative treatment fixes the intestinal issue and the later need for hip replacements. Look at leaky gut syndrome. Serious. Caused by meds that counter the sides from arthritis meds.

Lots of M.D. s are very ignorant of a lot of things. One being honest with you will admit that from the second semester of med school all that is pushed on them is drugs drugs drugs.

Frickin doctors! They think they know everything because they were in school for 8 years. Alot of them don't like the idea that you can find lots of credible information on the web. Especially if they feel like you know more about something than they do. Obviously you did your research and you were right. It's also obvious that doctor was upset you figured it out and not him. That guy needs to grow up. I mean he probably sees 15 patients every day. There's no way he can know everything that you would need to know to cure all of them. You got to do research. No matter how long he was in school.

When I was first diagnosed with hypogonadism my doc prescribed me 150mg testosterone injected once every two weeks. Then she said once my levels were stable I would only need an injection once a month. Immediately I said,"Wo wo doc. Wait a minute. I've done some research myself and there's no way I'm injecting once a month.".
Then she said,"Well, I talked another doctor in the office and that's the way we do it. If you would like I could some research and get back to you.". So I told her that was fine and set up another appointment about a week later.
Fast forward a week later I go into the office and she says,"Yep, just like I said 2 weeks til your stable then once a month."
Again I said,"I'm not doin it. Your gonna have to let me see your research.". She said ok and back about 15 mins later with a printout. Get this, in the printout it clearly states that once monthly injections are not medically feasable. It says weekly and bi-weekly are fine. It also says once every three weeks could be an option. Then it says clearly, that once a month should never be done. So I point this out and she says,"Well that's the way so and so administers it but if you would like I can refer you to an endocrinologist.". Of course I said yes. The endo quickly cleared it up for her.

I know exactly how you feel.

I remember I tore my bicep partially in 2004. It is very very obvious in appearance. I also suffered a minor hernia.. micro tear.

Well a few years later, I decide to go in again to the doctor (2008). He tells me my bicep is a cramp.. and to take Motrin.

"But.. doc.. I think I'd like an MRI, or would like to see an ortho.."

"no no, no need, take motrin.. cramp cramp.."

"so I have had a 4 year long cramp? what about my hernia.."

"Cramp too.. oh ya.. cramp take long time, years! Take motrin.."

"but it is deformed looking"

"Ya cramps do that"

"I want to see an ortho.."

Ortho laughs later, and literally apologized on behalf of the other doctor.

Frickin doctors! They think they know everything because they were in school for 8 years. Alot of them don't like the idea that you can find lots of credible information on the web. Especially if they feel like you know more about something than they do. Obviously you did your research and you were right. It's also obvious that doctor was upset you figured it out and not him. That guy needs to grow up. I mean he probably sees 15 patients every day. There's no way he can know everything that you would need to know to cure all of them. You got to do research. No matter how long he was in school.

When I was first diagnosed with hypogonadism my doc prescribed me 150mg testosterone injected once every two weeks. Then she said once my levels were stable I would only need an injection on

Frickin doctors..... well my father is a doc....a very well known fertility doctor who diagnoses PCOS on a regular basis. he would have called that easily, hell, i could have even diagnosed that just from what i have learned from him. if you go to a doctor who doesnt know what he is doing its the same as someone in a different job who doesnt know what they are doing. its not 'frickin doctors' like they are all idiots. he sees 100 patients per day sometimes. sure sometimes doctors try to extend their knowledge outside their field and that is when you realize they arent all-knowing geniuses. get a good doc in the right field and they will take care of you.

Genius....you spelled it wrong. lol:cool:
Anyway, glad thing are working out for you and your wife.

I'm sure a LOT of you guys are like me. We NEED to get regular check-ups as we age, especially after all we've put our bodies through, but hearing some of the retarded SHIT that some of these medical "professionals" spew is a real deterrent. A couple of examples- a few years ago, I went on a 5 hour car ride. Being a gentleman, I allowed my girlfriend at the time to sit up front with her friend, the driver, so they could easily have a conversation for the long ride.

Well, I'm 6'2" and quite large. This was a compact car and I was VERY cramped in the back seat. The next day, I started to develop pain in my hip, that over the next few days, continued to spread down my leg, from my butt to my toes. I knew this was sciatica, having had problems before with it, just never this severe. I knew I had pinched this nerve again.

After a full month of excruciating pain and being unable to stand or walk, I FINALLY decided to go to a doctor. Dragging myself into the doc's office, I explained what happened and what it was. He said that MIGHT be a possibility, but he was pretty sure it was a circulation problem. His detailed examination consisted of me dropping my pants and him taking a look at my butt. Yes, that was his exam to diagnose me with a circulation problem. He told me to take some Tylenol. Seriously.....

Ended up self-medicating and oddly enough, my leg didn't fall off from lack of circulation..... (By the way, the absolute most basic circulation test that I learned in Army first aid training, squeezing the toe to see how fast color returned, seemed beyond this professional's training.)

In another instance, I went to visit a chiropractor to find out about having cold laser therapy. My brother had torn his pec years ago and was raving about how this therapy helped with his pain years later. Because of my heavy benching during my powerlifting years, I experience pain in my pec tendons when I go heavy these days, making me fear a possible tear.

When I went to his office, I began to feel a bit out of place. It was a hot day and I was wearing a tank top. I have rather large shoulders, which made me stick out particularly well in a waiting room filled with 70 to 90 year olds.

When I went back and began to talk to the doctor, it was obvious that he was far more interested in giving me a sales pitch for coming in 3 times a week to get this therapy than actually listening to my problem I was trying to treat. He explained that this was necessary because of "all this mass" he said, while pointing at my shoulders. The thing that actually made me finally just leave was when I explained the pain in my pec tendons. This frickin' retard actually LAUGHED at me and said, "People don't know where their pec tendons are!"!!!!!!!!!!!

Dumbass!

Something that made ME laugh was that a lawyer once asked me if I was a doctor or nurse when I was discussing with him my dad's medical condition. I told him no and asked why he asked. He said that it sounded like I had a lot of medical knowledge!

Last edited:
Frickin doctors..... well my father is a doc....a very well known fertility doctor who diagnoses PCOS on a regular basis. he would have called that easily, hell, i could have even diagnosed that just from what i have learned from him. if you go to a doctor who doesnt know what he is doing its the same as someone in a different job who doesnt know what they are doing. its not 'frickin doctors' like they are all idiots. he sees 100 patients per day sometimes. sure sometimes doctors try to extend their knowledge outside their field and that is when you realize they arent all-knowing geniuses. get a good doc in the right field and they will take care of you.

Gotta agree. I have run into amazing sharp doctors AND nurses AND other medical staff. I had a girlfriend with a serious disorder that caused spinal fluid to build up in her brain. We went through 2 years of idiots with her nearly dying before her mom found a doctor that scheduled her for a surgery that fixed the problem in under a week!!! There are good and bad, like you said, just as in any field.

Q: What do you call the guy who graduates last in his class from med school, who just barely made it through?

A. Doctor.

The pill is pure evil for women, I'm guessing it at least exasperated her condition. It can cause all those symptoms also. Men love the pill for obvious reasons, they also tend to be the loudest "pro-pill" voice, too bad for women all the side effects are downplayed so badly...

First of all I would like to say that you are exactly right. Going to the right doctor who specializes in your problem is exactly what needs to be done. The thing is you might not know exactly what the problem is. In which case you would need to see a GP.

Second of all, when I say "frickin doctors" I'm referring to stupid ass, moron doctors, that prescribe the wrong medicine to people just because they don't want to admit it's out of there field. In other words I'm not talking about all doctors (Just the idiots). Couldn't they simply say they don't know. Then refer to a specialist that they think might know.

I never said all doctors were bad. I've had a couple good ones, and my new endo is awesome. However, there are also some bad ones. In my experience it's mostly been GP's that you gotta watch. If your going solely on what the GP says and not doing any research yourself then your askin for trouble.

super genius? now here I thought you wuz tha incredible hulk? :cool:

man 90% of doctors doesnt have a clue, they are just trained to describe you pills and bring in dough to big pharma.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear