over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need some advise about post contest

gstracer

Registered
OK guys well for a little background if you haven't seen any of my other contest threads its my first time ever stepping on stage Ive been dieting for 6 months now and dropped a lot of fat and did 4 shows witch a placed at all of them!! very excited about this i got two 3rd place finishes, one fourth place and just last night won the open heavies at the show i did yesterday!!! so I'm pretty pumped. well now to get to my question Ive read a ot of guy talk about the anabolic rebound effect you get from dieting like this and when you stop and start eating and training hard again you can grow like a mad man. what kind of experience's do you guys have with this and what advises. thanks a lot>

The next 4 weeks can be quite advantagious for growth. Use caution this week as water retention will sneak up on a guy who over indulges.

I don't believe that growth is accelerated any significant amount. I did not experience it and have not seen any emperical evidence to disprove my theory. If you start sticking yourself with prop and Tren acetate that could be a different story. Congrats on your shows I've been following your progress and you looked very good in each.

Sent from my Eris ADR6200 using Tapatalk

thanks a lot for the input. I'm really ready for a break but don't wanna miss a good opportunity to put some muscle on since I'm so depleted for cals and wasn't training that hard, and now cals will go up and so will training and I've heard that u can grow pretty fast by doing this but idk.

thanks a lot for the input. I'm really ready for a break but don't wanna miss a good opportunity to put some muscle on since I'm so depleted for cals and wasn't training that hard, and now cals will go up and so will training and I've heard that u can grow pretty fast by doing this but idk.

Read my article here for some help...

**broken link removed**

I competed at 193lbs (4 weeks ago) and within 2 weeks I was up to a solid 220lbs. the week after the show I ate a lot of whole foods (meat, veg, fruits, nuts, seeds, whole milk, full fat yogurt, pb sandwiches). Ate about 5000calories/day.

After that I dropped it to 3000cal/day and I lost a little weight but once I started hitting the weights hard again, I'm back up to a solid 220lbs eating 3000cal/day.

It was a relief to eat again. Getting that energy back was great.

There are several studies that show when a male is under 10% body fat when he starts to gain weight, a better percentage of it will go towards mass compared to someone over 10%.

There are several studies that show when a male is under 10% body fat when he starts to gain weight, a better percentage of it will go towards mass compared to someone over 10%.

Can you elaborate? and post the studies also.....

Can you elaborate? and post the studies also.....

There were a handfull that I've read so far. The exact numbers in each differed a bit between the tests but all had the same conclusion; that when a lean person gains weight more will go towards mass then when a non-lean (fat) person gains weight.

I recall the following two links as having studies posted. I dont recall where the others were.

Lyle McDonald - Bodyrecomposition
**broken link removed**

The factsaboutfitness was a good article but it is a paid site, although I would recommend it if your like me and like reading articles based on studies. Below is a quote from this study.

• For every 10 pounds of weight gained by an overweight individual, 4 pounds come from lean tissue, and 6 pounds come from fat.

• For every 10 pounds of weight gained by a lean individual (under 10%), 7 pounds come from lean tissue, and 3 pounds come from fat.

Again the numbers of what was gained that went to lbm differed slightly in each of the different studies I've read but unlike other studies, I havent seen any at all that contradict the results of a better mass gain for lean individuals.

While discussing the same topic on another board, another member says he's read a similar type study that say's the same but adds that while under 7% that more fat is gained too. This is second hand info and Ive not read the study myself... been trying to find it to read but have been unable to do so yet. If it is true though, I would assume the optimal range would be bouncing back and forth between 7-10%.

Edit:
Just to add, these studies did not take into account someone that may be using aas.

There were a handfull that I've read so far. The exact numbers in each differed a bit between the tests but all had the same conclusion; that when a lean person gains weight more will go towards mass then when a non-lean (fat) person gains weight.

I recall the following two links as having studies posted. I dont recall where the others were.

Lyle McDonald - Bodyrecomposition
**broken link removed**

The factsaboutfitness was a good article but it is a paid site, although I would recommend it if your like me and like reading articles based on studies. Below is a quote from this study.

Again the numbers of what was gained that went to lbm differed slightly in each of the different studies I've read but unlike other studies, I havent seen any at all that contradict the results of a better mass gain for lean individuals.

While discussing the same topic on another board, another member says he's read a similar type study that say's the same but adds that while under 7% that more fat is gained too. This is second hand info and Ive not read the study myself... been trying to find it to read but have been unable to do so yet. If it is true though, I would assume the optimal range would be bouncing back and forth between 7-10%.

Edit:
Just to add, these studies did not take into account someone that may be using aas.

Thanks for posting. I can't find the specific articles but I will dig a bit deeper.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear