advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Acne!!accutane or antibiotic like tetracycline first?

cckf2004

Registered
For acne,U think its wise to use tetracycline first or just use accutane to stop the oil production..thanks for the help

For acne,U think its wise to use tetracycline first or just use accutane to stop the oil production..thanks for the help

doxycycline would be a better option antibiotic-wise, accutane is a LAST resort. the shit wreaks havoc on your body. i've used it off and on and finally i just had to stop. my blood work is great since i've stopped, but while on it, even at just 40mg/day everything was fucked. my first recommendation would be mega dosing vitamin B5. it shrinks your pores and decreases oil production a LOT. 5g every single day for about a month, then a maintenance dose of 2-3g per day thereafter.

Accutane is last resort, like stated above, it does havoc on your body.

Is it systic acne ? I wouldnt take it unless its really bad.

Depends on the type and severity of the acne. Depends on how you respond to the compounds that you are using. Antibiotic in most cases are not going to be nearly as effective as accutane but then you increase the potential for sides.

I've never had bad acne, I get little bumps that have little hard pieces in them, I've heard them called "sandies". I tried a course of tetracycline and it appeared that it was working a little but really didn't do much in the end, and I basically used anti b's for no reason. I won't use accutane because I don't have severe acne and to me the potential for sides seems to great.

For me, frequent shower, and benzol peroxide creams seem to be effective. There is a topical antibiotic cream, I can't remember the name(maybe dioxycycline) that is said to work well with the benzyl peroxide creams.

Yep, it all depends on how bad it is, really. If it's cystic acne that is boil-like in appearance, and not just some white heads here and there, then nothing OTC will help, you'll need something potent. Aside from accutane(isotretinoin), there's a tretinoin cream, brand name is retin-a cream. it literally burns the layers of the skin making them heal and be replaced with new skin cells/layers. It makes your skin red and you need to be careful with it, as you'll literally get 1st-3rd degree burns from the sun depending on how long you're in the sun while using it. Same thing goes for the cycline drugs, but to a lesser extent. Retin-A cream does work well though, and is for spot treatment if it's only in specific areas. It's a better alternative to accutane.

After 2 years of trying just about every cream and antibiotic when i was about 16 i got a script for accutane for 5 months at 40mg a day. One thing that i read often and really bothers me is seeing people use accutane more than one time. Accutane used for the correct length and dosage for about 98% of people is supposed to be a one time use kind of deal. Accutane is permanent when used properly. Even if you are using it for milder acne, you should still use it for months straight just at a lower dosage.

Its absolutely stupid to be using it 3,4, or 5 times or guys using it for just about every cycle they do.

After 2 years of trying just about every cream and antibiotic when i was about 16 i got a script for accutane for 5 months at 40mg a day. One thing that i read often and really bothers me is seeing people use accutane more than one time. Accutane used for the correct length and dosage for about 98% of people is supposed to be a one time use kind of deal. Accutane is permanent when used properly. Even if you are using it for milder acne, you should still use it for months straight just at a lower dosage.

Its absolutely stupid to be using it 3,4, or 5 times or guys using it for just about every cycle they do.

this isnt what ive been told, by dermstologists. i ran it first time in HS for like 6 months at 80mg a day and it came back had to run it again and it stayed away for a while like 5 years. now its slowly coming back, prob triggered by aas, and im thinkin about accutane, ive been using retin A and it helps but doesnt do the trick i also use benzyl peroxide. helps but doesnt get rid of that bad ones they just keep comin.

does anyone else have experience using b5? ive never heard of it or that it shrinks your oil glands

Don't threads like this make you guys wonder how the hell the pros take insanely high dosages yet their back is crystal clear (most anyway). Not one single blemish to be found.

Accutane worked great for me. I tried about every cream and antibiotic before finally getting on it. I was on it for 6 months, with monthly blood work and tests. Everything was fine and the acne has never came back (knock on wood) its been 4 years!

accutane is only thing that works for me but i know people who have had it cleared up with oxytetracycline which does nothing for me, point being everybody responds differently but as somebody already said, accutane should be a last resort

I just think the accutane sounds great cause it stops oil production in the skin and gear increases oil too much..

it all depends dude your acne could be from a hormonal imbalance??? what kind acne is it? oil cysts??

Im 48 long history of acne. Short history of AAS. My younger brother took accutane in the early 80s. I said no. Rough stuff. 2 years about I capitulated and went 40mg BID. Took it for 5 of the 6 months prescribed. Rough sides.

But i spent 25 years trying to control acne. I even worked on Adox in marketing.

Nothing works like accutane. But first make certain your extrogen levels are normal. If they are within range, go with the acvutane. If they are out of whack, nothing will work.

Ps. Does spelling count?

Last edited:
Im 48 long history of acne. Short history of AAS. My younger brother took accutane in the early 80s. I said no. Rough stuff. 2 years about I capitulated and went 40mg BID. Took it for 5 of the 6 months prescribed. Rough sides.

But i spent 25 years trying to control acne. I even worked on Adox in marketing.

Nothing works like accutane. But first make certain your extrogen levels are normal. If they are within range, go with the acvutane. If they are out of whack, nothing will work.

Ps. Does spelling count?

X2

Accutane

Accutane is the only thing that ever worked for me.

Had severe acne as a teenager, 2 cycles of accutane totall cured me for 5 years, then after first cycle it started coming back. Did one my cycle just 20mg per day for 12 weeks cured me for 3 years, all on AAS. Acne just started coming back again bad, going back on accutane untill im cured.

Just dont let them give you high doses, my first time as a teenager the derm tapered me upto 80mg a day and had massive muscle aches and just felt weak and brittle allover and super dry skin.

I think low dose for a longer period time works better.

I have tried every other option and nothing works like accutane.

Just be aware of aches and pains, i always felt i might be a bit more injury prone while in accutane and heavy training. Maybee train a but lighter while on the tane.

I would look at your diet and see if something your eating is causing it. Before I ever took any AAS I had a little bit of acne but was able to control it. Once I started taking AAS I broke out horribly. No matter how much I showered I could not stay clear.

Then when I was dieting down for a show my skin magically cleared up. What makes me break out is basically anything with sugar. Try eliminating sugar as much as you can. When I started bulking again and drinking skim milk and eating yogurt my skin was going crazy on me again. Since I cut that out it has gotten better. I next will cut down on the peanut butter and oatmeal because they both have sugar in them and I want to get my sugar intake as low as possible as I know it will help clear my skin.

I ran 2 prescribed cycles as a teenager(80mg). 16 and 19 yrs old. and just ran my 3rd. I dont go up to 80 anymore. Bad nosebleeds while sleeping, lips so dry you cant talk or eat, and terrible joint pain.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws