over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fish Oil VS Krill Oil

bigman1

Kilo Klub Member
Ok so with so much talk about Krill Oil I was wondering if any of you have switched to Krill oil and had better results. I was taking Lovaza but my insurance went up and not worth the price any longer so I switched to MEGA RED Krill Oil. any thoughts? It says once a day but I take two a day

Ok so with so much talk about Krill Oil I was wondering if any of you have switched to Krill oil and had better results. I was taking Lovaza but my insurance went up and not worth the price any longer so I switched to MEGA RED Krill Oil. any thoughts? It says once a day but I take two a day

Source of the fish oil should not be of that much of a concern. Which you should pay attention to is the epa/dha content. Which ever fish oil you choose, you want to take as much as you need in order to get the same amount of epa/dha as you were with the lovaza.

Are there any brands available that have larger then 1g per capsule available?

one advantage i'm aware of with the krill is that it contains astaxanthin, a powerful antioxident and anti inflammatory.

There are a few issues at hand here. Mg per mg, EPA/DHA from krill oil is better and more bioactive. The problem is that There is krill oil supplement that gives you enough to get you to a high dose 3gr of pure EPA/DHA daily. Source Naturals and Neptune Gold Krill oil which are two of the best krill oils out there only have about 300mg of EPA/DHA per two capsules. Who the hell is going to take 20 of those capsules daily. It would get very expensive. As far as the best fish oil Nordic Naturals is one of the best companies in the world. They are actually a pharmaceutical company in Norway and their source of fish comes from non-farm fish from the cold waters. Their methodology on how they extract, store and purify the fish oil is on a whole different level. Their Ultimate Omega DHA/EPA content is not far behind pharm grade Omega 3.

More important than just the amount and looking at a number of DHA/EPA is the source of the omega 3. From people that are expert in this field, we have been told that there are a few things to look out for:

1) Buy the most expensive fish oil-there is no free lunch. Think about it, if i told you we can go to a restaurant and have a 12oz prime filet mignon for $3.99 would you believe it? Hell no. High quality EPA/DHA content comes from only a few companies around the world that have the know how to make sure they dont go bad.

2) This related to the last point, but if the capsules come in a clear bottle, automatically is a warning sign to stay away. If the company had any fucking clue to begin with, they would not put the fish oil in a clear bottle. UV rays will destroy omega 3. Many 3rd party tests are done regularly and some show that not only many fish oil never even meet what the label claims, but sometimes more than 50% of the oil has gone rancid.

3) Fish oil that is extracted form lets say cold waters naturally vs fish oil extracted from farm raised fish have a completely different bioactive level. Of course one will be more expensive than the other but it is what it is.

So what to do? I myself, take 2 capsules of the Neptune Gold Krill oil twice a day (breakfast and dinner). And then take anywhere between 3-5 capsules of the Nordic Natural Ultimage Omega along with the Krill oil. This gives me a nice little combination of both krill and high quality Omega 3. When i combine this with my good fats such as daily avocado, 3oz good nuts and 10mg crestor daily has given me an amazing lipid profile.

This is informative. I was thinking of switching to Krill, but didn't think of taking...both. Where do you buy your Krill and Omega 3? If you can't post it (rules?)..can you PM me?

There are a few issues at hand here. Mg per mg, EPA/DHA from krill oil is better and more bioactive. The problem is that There is krill oil supplement that gives you enough to get you to a high dose 3gr of pure EPA/DHA daily. Source Naturals and Neptune Gold Krill oil which are two of the best krill oils out there only have about 300mg of EPA/DHA per two capsules. Who the hell is going to take 20 of those capsules daily. It would get very expensive. As far as the best fish oil Nordic Naturals is one of the best companies in the world. They are actually a pharmaceutical company in Norway and their source of fish comes from non-farm fish from the cold waters. Their methodology on how they extract, store and purify the fish oil is on a whole different level. Their Ultimate Omega DHA/EPA content is not far behind pharm grade Omega 3.

More important than just the amount and looking at a number of DHA/EPA is the source of the omega 3. From people that are expert in this field, we have been told that there are a few things to look out for:

1) Buy the most expensive fish oil-there is no free lunch. Think about it, if i told you we can go to a restaurant and have a 12oz prime filet mignon for $3.99 would you believe it? Hell no. High quality EPA/DHA content comes from only a few companies around the world that have the know how to make sure they dont go bad.

2) This related to the last point, but if the capsules come in a clear bottle, automatically is a warning sign to stay away. If the company had any fucking clue to begin with, they would not put the fish oil in a clear bottle. UV rays will destroy omega 3. Many 3rd party tests are done regularly and some show that not only many fish oil never even meet what the label claims, but sometimes more than 50% of the oil has gone rancid.

3) Fish oil that is extracted form lets say cold waters naturally vs fish oil extracted from farm raised fish have a completely different bioactive level. Of course one will be more expensive than the other but it is what it is.

So what to do? I myself, take 2 capsules of the Neptune Gold Krill oil twice a day (breakfast and dinner). And then take anywhere between 3-5 capsules of the Nordic Natural Ultimage Omega along with the Krill oil. This gives me a nice little combination of both krill and high quality Omega 3. When i combine this with my good fats such as daily avocado, 3oz good nuts and 10mg crestor daily has given me an amazing lipid profile.

I'm curious as to why you feel a need to add crestor to your otherwise healthy regimen of fats and fish/krill oils. Because of crestors links to rhabdomyolysis and kidney damage I wouldn't take it.

This is informative. I was thinking of switching to Krill, but didn't think of taking...both. Where do you buy your Krill and Omega 3? If you can't post it (rules?)..can you PM me?

It is a very secretive website and i can not share here.

I am just joking, it is amazon lol

I'm curious as to why you feel a need to add crestor to your otherwise healthy regimen of fats and fish/krill oils. Because of crestors links to rhabdomyolysis and kidney damage I wouldn't take it.

It is because with all my diet regimen i can bring my HDL up and i never had a problem with triglycerides, but genetically my father, mother etc all have high LDL and even worse VLDLs. Your liver produces most of your cholesterol. So if you genetically have high LDLs not much else helps it. Mine without crestor is in the 170-180s. Yes, with extremely strict diet, i can reduce it by 20 points, but it is no where close to where it needs to be.

As far rhabo and subsequent damage it is extremely rare and has only occurred with the 80mg dosage which is crazy crazy high. Starting dose for crestor is 5mg, then 10, 20, 40 and 80mg. And even at the 80mg dose there have been a handful of cases compared to the millions of scripts that have been written. This is why anytime you have been started on ANY new statin you should have a blood work done 30days which check your CK level, liver enzymes etc. If you are good at 30 days, you are GTG. Remember during the time it has taken me to write this reply, about a 40 people have died just in this country for fatal car accidents. It does not prevent you or i from getting into our cars several times a day. Just like everything, we have to consider pros and cons. Someone can have strep throat and a dose of amoxicillin may give them anaphylatic shock and cause death. But that doesnt prevent us from prescribing amoxil even to kids that have never had any form of penicillin. If the pros out weigh the cons, you have to treat. I prefer to make sure i have an LDL of 70 and reduce chance of CAD, stroke and alzheimers than not take it and worry about the 1 in a million chance of rhabomyolysis. Hope that makes sense.

yes, thank you for sharing. that's good information regarding genetic predisposition to lipid profiles and what you can and can't do through dietary changes alone. also good advice on the importance of bloodwork when starting on a statin. thank you again.

I believe that Dante once posted that most fish oil comes from one place , in Canada . and just repacked by different companies at different prices.

I believe that Dante once posted that most fish oil comes from one place , in Canada . and just repacked by different companies at different prices.

A lot of generic ones do. Do you think Costco or GNC have lets say have their own factories? Of course not. But the brand I mentioned Nordic Naturals is in Norway and is registered as a pharmaceutical company and always rated at the top of the food chain. Look them up.

There are more sources to other bulk items. it seems that all besides pharmaceutical grade comes from same source.

until now I wanted to try Nordic out , but did not as it cost 4 times the price , and we are a family of five....

There are more sources to other bulk items. it seems that all besides pharmaceutical grade comes from same source.

until now I wanted to try Nordic out , but did not as it cost 4 times the price , and we are a family of five....

I've always used allstarhealth.com for my supplements and a simple search and these products mentioned are vey affordable on this site that Alpha mentioned. Also look on ebay, some have very low bids and some low buy it now prices but overall comparable to allstarhealth unless of course you win a low bid.

I've always used NOW products for all my supplements like Vitamin C, Niacin, Fish Oil. How does this supplement company stack up Alpha with others? Also don't mind paying a few bucks more for a more superior product. Just thought with something basic like Vitamin C and Niacin they would be ok? Going to try the 2 you mentioned though and see how my next bloodwork shows on my Lipids.

Appreciate the info. Always contributing a lot of good stuff, thank you.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws