over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Atrial Fibrillation

EYE2EYE

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just found out i have this. Anyone else have it? Peace.

Just found out i have this. Anyone else have it? Peace.

It's the most common form of Cardiac dysrhythmia which is an irregular heartbeat. This is very common but should not be taken lightly.

I have one.

It's the most common form of Cardiac dysrhythmia which is an irregular heartbeat. This is very common but should not be taken lightly.

I have one.

Are you having it treated? Peace.

Usually Your Dr will place you on a blood thinner to prevent clots...Usually.

Afib is very common. Usually treated with anti-coagulants(coumadin, plavix, aspirin), calcium channel blocker(cardizem), or an antidysrhytmic(amiodarone). Afib is not usually a problem unless it becomes tachycardic(uncontrolled afib or rapid ventricular response). People walk around all day, every day w/ afib and never notice a thing. Its not until the rate gets high when it becomes an issue. A pace maker and/or AICD will be placed if meds don't seem to control it and you go into afib w/ RVR a lot.

And you may be a candidate for a ablation to fry the offending nerves in the hearts electrical system. It runs in my family, I had one episode last year, was cardioverted out with no reoccurrence. If given the choice between warfarin/Coumadin, and Pradaxa, choose pradaxa, less visits to get your levels right, no repeat blood draws, reversable in 24 hours...less side effects, safer. The dilitazem Er will give you bad constipation, so use fiber. Its very common, easy to mange, and probably won't have a huge impact in your life. your chance for stroke skyrockets, so you need to do everything you can to make your cardiovascular system as healthy as you can....cardio, daily low dose asprin, fish oil, fiber, ect....good luck

Currently on Pradaxa right now. Peace.

I have a buddy who went into tachy twice. Pretty crazy experience. He still uses a lot of test/deca, but never over 600 each, and hasn't had a problem in a number of years. I'm sure it's not good for him to do this but he seems to think with mess he's fine.

Everyone using any AAS should be running a good amount of supps to help with heart, lipids.

Anyone know if niacin is really worth taking for lipids. I can take about 1g of slow release now right before bed but have heard it's not really enough to help. Considered niaspan but not even sure of the difference.

Last edited:
And you may be a candidate for a ablation to fry the offending nerves in the hearts electrical system. It runs in my family, I had one episode last year, was cardioverted out with no reoccurrence. If given the choice between warfarin/Coumadin, and Pradaxa, choose pradaxa, less visits to get your levels right, no repeat blood draws, reversable in 24 hours...less side effects, safer. The dilitazem Er will give you bad constipation, so use fiber. Its very common, easy to mange, and probably won't have a huge impact in your life. your chance for stroke skyrockets, so you need to do everything you can to make your cardiovascular system as healthy as you can....cardio, daily low dose asprin, fish oil, fiber, ect....good luck

One of my least favorite things to do in my line of work is synchronized cardioversion. Even after giving Versed or Ativan people still say it sucks pretty bad and I believe them. Thankfully, I don't have to do it often and haven't had to go above 100 joules biphasic.

One of my least favorite things to do in my line of work is synchronized cardioversion. Even after giving Versed or Ativan people still say it sucks pretty bad and I believe them. Thankfully, I don't have to do it often and haven't had to go above 100 joules biphasic.

When I had my tachycardia, venttricular, I passed out completely. THe whole left side of my body was numb too. They had to shock me 2x to get my heart back in rhythm and slow down. THe medic said he had to turn up the juice the 2nd time. Wonder how many joules he used each time? How many setting are there usually? Curious.

Also, I passed out here at home about 1-2 weeks ago sitting at the computer playing a game. When I woke up I had a terrible head ache and felt like I had to puke. I also had no idea where I was and what time of day it was. I think I was out for just a few minutes but its hard to say. Im wondering if my defibrillator went off, since I was passed out and woke up like that. WHen I woke up my legs were twitching and I felt like I was falling, it was realy abrubt. I felt no pain though. I think it might have gone off. I will find out for sure in a month or two when my cardiologist does a remote interrogation of my defibrillator.

When I had my tachycardia, venttricular, I passed out completely. THe whole left side of my body was numb too. They had to shock me 2x to get my heart back in rhythm and slow down. THe medic said he had to turn up the juice the 2nd time. Wonder how many joules he used each time? How many setting are there usually? Curious.

Also, I passed out here at home about 1-2 weeks ago sitting at the computer playing a game. When I woke up I had a terrible head ache and felt like I had to puke. I also had no idea where I was and what time of day it was. I think I was out for just a few minutes but its hard to say. Im wondering if my defibrillator went off, since I was passed out and woke up like that. WHen I woke up my legs were twitching and I felt like I was falling, it was realy abrubt. I felt no pain though. I think it might have gone off. I will find out for sure in a month or two when my cardiologist does a remote interrogation of my defibrillator.

It depends on what arrhythmia that you're in as to how many joules you get. Like for afib w/ RVR I'd start w/ 50j, then 75j, 150j and max at 200j biphasic. SVT would fall under the same protocol.

As far as what happened to you a few weeks ago did you consider a TIA or maybe even a seizure? It could very be your Defibrillator, but if I remember correctly most AICD's beep as a warning that it's about to go off. Does yours not do this?

It depends on what arrhythmia that you're in as to how many joules you get. Like for afib w/ RVR I'd start w/ 50j, then 75j, 150j and max at 200j biphasic. SVT would fall under the same protocol.

As far as what happened to you a few weeks ago did you consider a TIA or maybe even a seizure? It could very be your Defibrillator, but if I remember correctly most AICD's beep as a warning that it's about to go off. Does yours not do this?

Yeah, its supposed to beep but I think if it went off it happened when I was passed out. Hopefully they are made to go off before you pass out, I dont know. its possible that it went off while I was "out". It was definetly my heart, it was beating terribly fast and I passed out just like the time when the paramedics had to zap me. I didnt even know they zapped me until they told me in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. I remember one guy saying that I scared the shit out of him back there. I guess having the first shock not do anything must have spooked him. He said he thought he was going to lose me, and how shocked they were because i looked so healthy. Oh well,. looks aint everything.

Yeah, its supposed to beep but I think if it went off it happened when I was passed out. Hopefully they are made to go off before you pass out, I dont know. its possible that it went off while I was "out". It was definetly my heart, it was beating terribly fast and I passed out just like the time when the paramedics had to zap me. I didnt even know they zapped me until they told me in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. I remember one guy saying that I scared the shit out of him back there. I guess having the first shock not do anything must have spooked him. He said he thought he was going to lose me, and how shocked they were because i looked so healthy. Oh well,. looks aint everything.

Haha yeah, I know just how the guy feels. Synchronized cardioversion is just a scary thing to do bc if you defib someone in what's called "absolute refractory period" or then you can throw them into vfib which im sure you know is a cardiac arrest rhythm.... Its also called the R on T phenomenon. Giving someone electricity is always a scary thing.

Haha yeah, I know just how the guy feels. Synchronized cardioversion is just a scary thing to do bc if you defib someone in what's called "absolute refractory period" or then you can throw them into vfib which im sure you know is a cardiac arrest rhythm.... Its also called the R on T phenomenon. Giving someone electricity is always a scary thing.

Yeah, vfib is a bad thing! I asked the medics if I had entered vfib yet on my own and they told me no. He said I was probably real close to going into it though since I passed out and the beat was so fast and erratic. I tried to feel my pulse before I passed out and i couldnt feel a thing. it was scary, it felt like I was already dead. Every once in awhile you could feel a little blip in my pulse but other than that nothing. I guess that was because my blood pressure was so low. At the hospital when I arrived it was something like 55/40.

Yeah, vfib is a bad thing! I asked the medics if I had entered vfib yet on my own and they told me no. He said I was probably real close to going into it though since I passed out and the beat was so fast and erratic. I tried to feel my pulse before I passed out and i couldnt feel a thing. it was scary, it felt like I was already dead. Every once in awhile you could feel a little blip in my pulse but other than that nothing. I guess that was because my blood pressure was so low. At the hospital when I arrived it was something like 55/40.

Yeah, to feel pulse in your radial artery your systolic has to at least be 80, in your carotid a systolic of 70, and in your femoral a systolic of 60.... But when your heart is beating 240 bpm then you're not going to be able to feel it anyway bc it would be too thready. You were sick!

Yeah, to feel pulse in your radial artery your systolic has to at least be 80, in your carotid a systolic of 70, and in your femoral a systolic of 60.... But when your heart is beating 240 bpm then you're not going to be able to feel it anyway bc it would be too thready. You were sick!

Yeah, I knew about the thready pulse thing and it scared the shit out of me beacause I knew I had it and what it meant.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws