over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Life extension, longevity etc...

Ataraxia

Registered
Hey guys, anyone else interested in this topic? I know we all put our bodies through hell trying to achieve our ideal physique. But we are also very knowledgeable about the functions of the body.
Medicine is advancing so fast right now that most of us on here will probably have the capacity to live well into their hundreds, health fit and and happy.
This field interests me a lot, some good topics are:

Stem Cells
Telomere (and their activators)
Regenative Medicine
Organ Growth (growing organs to replace failed ones)

And there are others..

I have attended several A4M conferences and I am going to the FutureMed conference in 2 weeks! Very excited.

Some quick things i feel are very important:

TA65 - Telomere activator It is expensive and you probably don't need to take it until into your late 40's or 50's...

Lots of anti-oxidants.. CCGC, Vit C, greens etc... Free Radicals are nasty mofos and anti-oxidants eliminate them...

I just took a really crazy test from Genova Diagnostics... it is a full oxidative stress panel and measures anti-oxidant levels also. I will take another in 30-45 days after taking a supplement that promises to lower oxidative stress by 40% in 30 days and also raise glutathione levels by 300%!!!
Glutathione is perhaps the strongest and most powerful anti-oxidant ever. but we can't take it through supplements unless injected. Our body has to produce it...
I gotta run but i think this is an interesting topic!

PS i forgot about peptides! Thymosin Beta 4 looks extremely promising!

Yep, some of this is very interesting. Let us know how your test results come back after your supplementation.

Being 40+ I am always very interested in longetivity and i am really looking forward to this thread . started visiting the TAHOMA Clinic in Renton WA about 5 years ago and it has greatly changed the way I take care of my family and myself . thank you Valleyaa for any of these kind of threads .

Lots of interest here and I think most everyone here has interest.

So we need someone like you with inside info and general info to keep us updated. A few years back I didn't put much thought into anti oxidants, and now I try to get as much as I can. I'm becoming a supplement junkie, lol, but just trying to find ways to maintain health.

As for the term longevity, what are peoples definition of that? How long would you like to live? For me, it's not the length but the quality of life. I do realize that ValleyAA is referring to both longevity and quality of life in this instance! I think scientific advancement in this area is great, but hopefully they're not trying to keep people alive for hundreds of years or indefinitely....The human race, just like the rest of nature, needs to recycle itself!!

Overall, I think these ideas are good for people like ourselves. The bad is that certain people will abuse themselves with drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, etc, if they know they can just rejuvenate their bodies along the way. It seems like a double edged sword.

I can remember reading in Science magazine, the July, 2005 issue, that there are 3 areas that scientists are focusing on for life extension.
1. Caloric restriction.
2. Preventing oxidative damage to the body's tissues.
3. Reducing levels of IGF-1.
The chemical resveratrol found in red wine and available in capsule form seems to have the same effect on cells as calorie restriction.
Anybody that knows anything about HGH knows that it markedly increases IGF-1 levels in the body. So HGH may not be a life extension drug.

It's a fascinating subject that I'm extremely interested in. I'm 53 and I love life. I'm having a ball. I'm watching my parents slowly fade away and it's not a pleasant sight! I vote for both quality and longevity. I even enjoy the subject of transhumanism.

Did you know that DNP is actually being researched as a calorie restriction mimetic?

**broken link removed**

Caloric restriction has proven in almost every mammalian studies that a 30% reduction in calories will extend life 30% longer. Only species that this has not been studied on is humans. Granted no one here wants to go off a 30% restriction for ever, that is not quality life IMO...
But one thing i watched was talking about Telomere Activators...

if you have 12 minutes watch this!

Telomeres and Aging - YouTube

I can remember reading in Science magazine, the July, 2005 issue, that there are 3 areas that scientists are focusing on for life extension.
1. Caloric restriction.
2. Preventing oxidative damage to the body's tissues.
3. Reducing levels of IGF-1.
The chemical resveratrol found in red wine and available in capsule form seems to have the same effect on cells as calorie restriction.
Anybody that knows anything about HGH knows that it markedly increases IGF-1 levels in the body. So HGH may not be a life extension drug.

I didn't finish my thought above...
In one sutdy i read they were comparing telomere activators to the equivalent of a restricted calorie diet...

On a side note. My new career is flying around the globe trying to open stem-cell research centers and longevity research facilities... i'd be happy to always post my new findings here... maybe if this thread picks up enough steam it could become a sticky....

Hey guys, anyone else interested in this topic? I know we all put our bodies through hell trying to achieve our ideal physique. But we are also very knowledgeable about the functions of the body.
Medicine is advancing so fast right now that most of us on here will probably have the capacity to live well into their hundreds, health fit and and happy.

Stem Cells
Regenative Medicine

And there are others..

I have attended several A4M conferences and I am going to the FutureMed conference in 2 weeks! Very excited.

TA65 - Telomere activator It is expensive and you probably don't need to take it until into your late 40's or 50's...

Lots of anti-oxidants.. CCGC, Vit C, greens etc... Free Radicals are nasty mofos and anti-oxidants eliminate them...

I just took a really crazy test from Genova Diagnostics... it is a full oxidative stress panel and measures anti-oxidant levels also. I will take another in 30-45 days after taking a supplement that promises to lower oxidative stress by 40% in 30 days and also raise glutathione levels by 300%!!!
Glutathione is perhaps the strongest and most powerful anti-oxidant ever. but we can't take it through supplements unless injected. Our body has to produce it... I gotta run but i think this is an interesting topic!

I've taken Glutathione via IV treatment. This was a part of a alcohol and drug detox protocol. It made a world of difference in the relieving the withdrawl symptoms.

I've taken Glutathione via IV treatment. This was a part of a alcohol and drug detox protocol. It made a world of difference in the relieving the withdrawl symptoms.

Glutathione is especially important in the liver!! :)

To me longevity has a lot to do with Spinal Health. not letting calcificatiion restrict spinal moovement by going through a series of exercises and movements that keep the buildups from happening (and maybe even break down what is there if you start early enough)

My best buddy is 72 and already has spinal fusion due to calcification in 2 places on his spine that make it impossible to bend his neck & he walks with a limp.

Is Injectable Glutathione easily attainable?

That is amazing what you are doing with the Stem Cell research facilities.

I know I would be very interested to hear all about your progress with that, good luck to you.

I too am very interested ......I will be interested in you sharing your drug , and supplement proticals with us ......definately would like to live long and stay as young looking as possible ......please keep sharing your ideas and go into real details ....it will be interesting to see your findings and what you recomend .......I just saw a thing on the news talking about stem cells were the keys to stoping aging and were going to be big business in 5 -8 yrs ......thanks for sharing ....much love

Motivation for taking longevity measures. He's 91:

**broken link removed**

^^ I read somewhere that this guy is really 41, but been on tren for 10 years straight :D

Please keep us posted on your findings. I find all thus information very interesting, especially all of the stem cell research.

This is taken from wikipedia...

Raising GSH levels through direct supplementation of glutathione is difficult. Research suggests that glutathione taken orally is not well absorbed across the gastrointestinal tract. In a study of acute oral administration of a very large dose (3 grams) of oral glutathione, Witschi and coworkers found "it is not possible to increase circulating glutathione to a clinically beneficial extent by the oral administration of a single dose of 3 g of glutathione."[25][26]

Calcitriol, the active metabolite of vitamin D synthesized in the kidney, increases glutathione levels in the brain and appears to be a catalyst for glutathione production.[27]

In addition, plasma and liver GSH concentrations can be raised by administration of certain supplements that serve as GSH precursors. N-acetylcysteine, commonly referred to as NAC, is the most bioavailable precursor of glutathione.[28] Other supplements, including S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe)[29][30][31] and whey protein[32][33][34][35][36][37] have also been shown to increase glutathione content within the cell.

NAC is available both as a drug and as a generic supplement. Alpha lipoic acid has also been shown to restore intracellular glutathione.[38][39] Melatonin has been shown to stimulate a related enzyme, glutathione peroxidase,[40] and silymarin, an extract of the seeds of the milk thistle plant (Silybum marianum), has also demonstrated an ability to replenish glutathione levels in lab rats.[41][42]

Beome a vegan

Valley,

Become a vegan!!!!!!:yeahthat:

Watch a DVD "Forks over Knives".

It will blow your mind.

Peace,

Mack

Stem Cells
Regenative Medicine

And there are others..

Glutathione is perhaps the strongest and most powerful anti-oxidant ever. but we can't take it through supplements unless injected. Our body has to produce it...
I gotta run but i think this is an interesting topic!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member