over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DC training

Drylander

Newbies
I would like your views on DC style training.
Most of the negative info seems to be more about (Dante) which I do not understand or care to get into, im just interested in everyones views on this style of training.

I think its great. its proven, its logical...increase strength food and rest......increased mass.

(most of the negatives are about "Danta" and sons , for saying protein powder works , and food is anabolic )

I enjoy his style of training; it just seems to suit me.

Anytime he posts it is always a good read; he definitely isn't afraid to stick up for himself.

The DC program beat my CNS in a little too hard, but I have had issues with that on other programs as well. I am overworked and overstressed as well, so I can't blame it on the routine. I did make nice gains with it by modifying it a bit to suit my needs, but then I can't say it was really a DC routine.
I think rest pausing is a brilliant method that you can incorporate into other routines, as well as the stretching.
I like the way Dante approaches things, I think the only negatives you'll hear about him are purely out of jealousy or some other BS.

i use it when im in "offseason" from powerlifting to put on some good mass while still keeping my strength up and bringing some weaknesses up as well

it is mentally exhausting more so than cns - due to knowing you have to go harder than last time and beat that log book EVERY workout... that in itself is stressful

DC training is great for gaining and retaining mass. There are so many variations... 2-way split, 3-way split, 5-way split, pre contest variations, and so on... It isn't as cookie-cutter as alot of people make it out to be. I realize most DC traininers don't work directly with Dante, but he encourages starting with the basics of the program and adapting to your situation/needs/etc as time goes on. The nutrition and cardio philiosophies are also very simple and straightforward. This entire program is based off of the philosophy of continual progression over time in all areas of the program... most guys in the game for very long will understand that continual progression with consistency is what brings success.

BEAST

You will not see much negative here about DC.
One of our long time well respected members. If you search DC training has been used by our members for many years with great results.

Maybe the guys at getbig or something dont like him, or a few that wondered over here from there.

i use it when im in "offseason" from powerlifting to put on some good mass while still keeping my strength up and bringing some weaknesses up as well

it is mentally exhausting more so than cns - due to knowing you have to go harder than last time and beat that log book EVERY workout... that in itself is stressful

This sport is extremely mentally exhausting. You have to be very mentally tough or you're not going to get very far to begin with.

As far as beating the logbook everytime... it is not that difficult if you are doing everything else correctly i.e. rest, sleep, food, ergogenics. You do not have to beat your previous weights and reps every workout. It is usually no problem to be able to increase your weight or reps by 5 lbs or 1 rep each workout.

If you are referring to a contest diet where you are losing alot of strength... there are strategies discussed on this matter as well. If you know you are losing strength (which you shouldn't to too large a degree if everything else is optimal) then cut the weight by x amount and target a certain number of reps and progress from there i.e. if you inclined pressed 315x15 rp and lost strength... take it down to 275x18-20 and go from there.

There is room for everyone to make this program work for them. :)

BEAST

There are so many programs that work...this is a great program though, and by far my favorite. Don't let others with personal vendettas and vested interests give you the wrong perception on DC training, it is a good system. Heck, if it doesn't work, at least you have put it through the test and have learned that type of training doesn't agree with you....which is a learning experience...from the trial and error alone. I agree with what wilderbeast stated above.

I think you will be happy with it, give it a try and let us know how it goes:)

Last edited:
I did it for about one year. Its a great program if you follow it properly and keep it simple. I am now back to moderate volume training but will do DC again eventually. The DC calf method will bring up just about anyones calves regardless of how bad your genetics are.

. The DC calf method will bring up just about anyones calves regardless of how bad your genetics are.

the one with the long stretch on bottom or the one he adviced using high incline treadmill ?

the one with the long stretch on bottom or the one he adviced using high incline treadmill ?

Both worked well for me but now i train calves every time i workout and i use the DC treadmill method for a few minutes every time i start cardio.

Both worked well for me but now i train calves every time i workout and i use the DC treadmill method for a few minutes every time i start cardio.

What is this METHOD you speak of????:cool:

Anything negative about Dante or DC is just trolling. Dante is honest, straight forward, and LOGICAL. He's NEVER steared anybody in the wrong direction and only intends on helping.

That being said, the program isn't cookie cutter once you reach "black belt" status. I believe that it's used to bring you down a notch mentally so you can build yourself up physically. The focus is on stimulating your body as efficiently as possibly in addition to massive amounts of food and adequate rest. The logbook is also key. Beat the book. Always beat the book.

I've kept a logbook for about 6 years now because of Dante. I also used to walk around in the off-season about 237-242. This offseason I struggled to get meals in and was still holding 287 with LOWER body fat than I had when i was around 240.

If you do the training...
-EAT
-TRAIN TO ABSOLUTE FAILURE ON EVERY SET
-REST
-EAT
-BEAT THE BOOK
-EAT
-MAKE SURE TO BLAST AND CRUISE IN ORDER TO GIVE YOUR BODY A BREAK

I had some blasts go 16 weeks. I had some blasts go 5-6. If you feel like your CNS is shot, you take a damn break. If you plateau, hit it for another week, then take a break.

Happy growing.

Anything negative about Dante or DC is just trolling. Dante is honest, straight forward, and LOGICAL. He's NEVER steared anybody in the wrong direction and only intends on helping.

That being said, the program isn't cookie cutter once you reach "black belt" status. I believe that it's used to bring you down a notch mentally so you can build yourself up physically. The focus is on stimulating your body as efficiently as possibly in addition to massive amounts of food and adequate rest. The logbook is also key. Beat the book. Always beat the book.

I've kept a logbook for about 6 years now because of Dante. I also used to walk around in the off-season about 237-242. This offseason I struggled to get meals in and was still holding 287 with LOWER body fat than I had when i was around 240.

-EAT
-REST
-EAT
-BEAT THE BOOK
-EAT

I had some blasts go 16 weeks. I had some blasts go 5-6. If you feel like your CNS is shot, you take a damn break. If you plateau, hit it for another week, then take a break.

Happy growing.

Dante and I share an ESSENTIAL ELEMENT of our bodybuilding philosophies--ADAPTION!!!

I would ADD to Dante's regimen a period of HIGH VOLUME HEAVY SETS, thereby increasing the amount of TOTAL WORK PERFORMED--which is KEY to maximum hypertrophy and to accute biochemical and hormonal responses that occur post-training which result in muscular adaptions. I would simply BEAT THE BOOK each week, doing MORE TOTAL SETS than the previous week..

Last edited:
I would like your views on DC style training.
Most of the negative info seems to be more about (Dante) which I do not understand or care to get into, im just interested in everyones views on this style of training.

I use a DC/HIT style training in my routines alot and I'm a beleiver. I dont follow the exact programs to the letter but close,,similar versions. I think there are wide variety of ways to train,,not just one way.

DC in a nut shell -
Train hard short and sweet.
eat A lot but use some tricks and cardio to not get fat
recover quickly.
Retrain with greater load.

the faster you can recover from a workout the faster you can retrain that muscle and grow again. IMO thats the most basic philosophy that the program is built around.

-EAT
-REST
-EAT
-BEAT THE BOOK
-EAT

Happy growing.

Hey what happened to the chick who used to post on Muscle Mayhem? I think she donated a kidney to her cousin or something. You remember who im talkin about?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws